Champions League 2010/2011

• Yeah I didn't mean Tsvetanov, Ivanov and Gaydarski, they were rather strong and consistent, I was talking about Nikolov and Yosifov. I used to think so because of their technique and modest athletic abilities (compared to Bontje and Kooistra), but they're playing great now. What happened to Gaydarski and Bulgarian NT actually?

Martin Stoev happened. He modified the philosophy of the team into "Keep it Simple, Stupid" - Serve, Spike with the great, MB as a joker. Before him Bulgaria had strong coaches like Milorad Kiatz, who had tactics, but didn't achieve very high results. With Stoev Bulgaria had strong serve and no block (no connection between them!), the defense was matter of personal qualities of Zhekov, Nikolov and Konstantinov, and the spiking was simplified as a strategy. But we won medals :cheesy:

• Martin Stoev happened. He modified the philosophy of the team into "Keep it Simple, Stupid" - Serve, Spike with the great, MB as a joker. Before him Bulgaria had strong coaches like Milorad Kiatz, who had tactics, but didn't achieve very high results. With Stoev Bulgaria had strong serve and no block (no connection between them!),

But we won medals :cheesy:

It's quite hard not to win anything with players like Kaziyski , Konstantinov and Nikolov together !

I wonder if Stoev's strategy had a lot to do with Zhekov's play. Because obviously, Zhekov is not renown for his use of MB's. Is it beause of Stoev's choice or was the choice of Stoev made after Zhekov's game ?
    And I don't have a lot of hope for Bulgaria's game changing with Stoychev because Trentino is playing more or less the same than Stoev's Bulgaria.

I think that Bulgarian MB will keep having a better time with Ivanov in CSKA than with Zhekov in NT ...

• It's quite hard not to win anything with players like Kaziyski , Konstantinov and Nikolov together !

I wonder if Stoev's strategy had a lot to do with Zhekov's play. Because obviously, Zhekov is not renown for his use of MB's. Is it beause of Stoev's choice or was the choice of Stoev made after Zhekov's game ?
    And I don't have a lot of hope for Bulgaria's game changing with Stoychev because Trentino is playing more or less the same than Stoev's Bulgaria.

I think that Bulgarian MB will keep having a better time with Ivanov in CSKA than with Zhekov in NT ...

Zhekov plays differently in his clubs, so I think that is related to the MB and the strategy. And I think that Stoychev is much better than Stoev, Trento has very sound defense system, although not reknown for their block.

I don''t know have you watched the game Bulgaria - Italy in 2009 at the ECH. The main spikers were Hristo Tsvetanov and Viktor Yosifov. Another win of this type was in WL 2009 - Bulgaria - Cuba 3:0 2009, with Hristo Tsvetanov who scored a lot.

• Cuneo already have 3 trophies. I prefer Trento to win the rest :)

• Jastrzebski won the golden set...They are not playing well in Poland League but in champions league since the game against Budvasnka they are playing great. Congratulations to them. :thumbsup:

• It is something strange with Jastrzebski. In Europe they are this year one of six the best clubs. In Polish League they are 8/10 now. Generali wasn't strong opponent today. One week ago they played better but today JW have Igor Yudin in good shape and of course the best player of Jastrzebski Lukas Divis. This match wasn't on high level but we have some spectacular block and good serves.

• Jastrzębie :heart: Great guys! Finally I could watch whole match without bitting nails! Thanks guys! Good luck on your way to F4 :D Yeah, it's gonna be really hard, but hey...impossible is nothing :lol:

• The judge killed Poey. It was half meter in :wall:
    Edit: I've never seen bigger mistake by a judge in volleyball which should be in or out. Can't tell me that was not on purpose :sos:

• The judge killed Poey. It was half meter in :wall:

Yes, this is a SHAME :sos: :wall: :mad: correct result: ...4th won by Budva...begin for 5th set...

now 3-1 for Maaseik Game over...Though I root for Maaseik, this shouldn;t have happened. :S :S :S

• Yes, this is a SHAME :sos: :wall: :mad: correct result: ...4th won by Budva...begin for 5th set...

now 3-1 for Maaseik Game over...Though I root for Maaseik, this shouldn;t have happened. :S :S :S

yop, I agree, there was no doubt about that ball at 23-24.. I don't think Budva would have won the next two sets by 15, but they should've been into a tie-break now!

• what disgrace on Noliko - Budva :obey: Poey spiked 1m in field at 23-24 and refs said it's out... shameful :down: Budva deserved 5 th set... I thought I never would say this but Wegiel have big chance for Final Four :whistle:

Noliko is average team, Klapwijk :rolll: tragic player :down: