Champions League 2010/2011

• I read that Belgorod also wanted to host the final four...
    I think that Bled isn't a so good choice because their team does'nt have the level to play a final four IMO.They have a good team but not exceptionnal at all.Trentino could be a good choice but if they are choosen it would be even more difficult to defeat them =S
    Wait and see...

• You can see this kind of picture everywhere, it takes a fairly high jumping player and ... A photographer at a higher spot than the net in the Hall. This way you have the spiker artificially higher compared to the net, just because of the angle made with the camera.
    On this picture, you can see that the net and the back line are just at the same level. So if Todorov was at 1 m from the net, he's artificially appearing something like 25 to 30 cm higher than he really was compared to the net.
    For the same reason, if Gunthor was 50 cm from the net himself, he's artificially appearing approximatively 15 cm lower than he really was.

I admit that these pictures are nonetheless impressive, but Todorov was 3/7 spiking against Unterhaching when Ivanov was 7/13 and Friedrich 11/16 in the same game ...

• Yes, but overall Todorov has 2.35 pts per set, 1.14 blocks per set and over 50% in attack. He also has big role in overall block success of CSKA, you can see the correlation between him on the court and the numbers of blocks even if you rule his points out. About the attack - he needs to go in Italy and to learn more, because with his over block spiking 50% is small number. He can improve dramatically. Bulgarian NT needs him as main scorer, he can be like Kooistra for Netherlands. Also, his serve is like Birareli's - not strong, but does damage on the opponent reception. At the game against the German team, he served 28 times!

Here are better stats in France:

http://www.cev.lu/mmp-cgi/show…=p_prj_game_summary&key=0

• I expected surprises in the last round of the group stage, but that was because most of the teams were expected to rest key players. What happened in Kazan and Bled? I saw the results and was 100% they used bench players, just like Trentino did in a game of no meaning.. How come Zenit and Bled lost with their regular players? I can understand Zenit losing a close match against the motivated Cannes (extreme blocking by the French players), but Bled lost 0-3 at home surrendering the first place... And I can't imagine Jastrzebski improving that much in such a short time... Would be interesting to see whether the winners of the groups will be seeded for the play-off draw.

• You can see this kind of picture everywhere, it takes a fairly high jumping player and ... A photographer at a higher spot than the net in the Hall. This way you have the spiker artificially higher compared to the net, just because of the angle made with the camera.
    On this picture, you can see that the net and the back line are just at the same level. So if Todorov was at 1 m from the net, he's artificially appearing something like 25 to 30 cm higher than he really was compared to the net.
    For the same reason, if Gunthor was 50 cm from the net himself, he's artificially appearing approximatively 15 cm lower than he really was.

I admit that these pictures are nonetheless impressive, but Todorov was 3/7 spiking against Unterhaching when Ivanov was 7/13 and Friedrich 11/16 in the same game ...

It is true that Todorov is just incredibly high jumping player not only by the angle of the photography but in real as well. First time I sow him spiking that high I thought - Zhekov, how come you set the ball that high, man, are you crazy???? And then Todorov jumped and spiked... from the roof!!!LOL!!! :white: :white: :white:I was :white: :white: :white:a whole minute after that...insane...

But it is also true that only a higher jump can't make you a great player, even thought he had suffer an injury lately. He needs to improve the technique and power a lot for not ending up only as a good blocker or at least as a blocker-no one-can-spike-over.

• YavorD:
    From what i saw yesterday ACH players we're just tired, as they played quite a few matches this month already, and i think they are short on the receiver position as they only have Jakopin, Flajs, and Kovačević, while Kovačević is still young and quite unexperienced, i think they would need another more experienced receiver to help them in tough situations and matches. And kolaković should rest the starting six in some less important matches in the MEVZA...

• I admit that these pictures are nonetheless impressive, but Todorov was 3/7 spiking against Unterhaching when Ivanov was 7/13 and Friedrich 11/16 in the same game ...

With the incredibly bad reception of CSKA, it's a pure miracle the MBs get to spike at all :lol: Ivanov had more attacks thanks to Todorov's serve- he was the only one who produced breack points for CSKA from the service line. And he really is a high jumper- he was touching 3,85 before he got injured last summer.

• YavorD:
    From what i saw yesterday ACH players we're just tired, as they played quite a few matches this month already, and i think they are short on the receiver position as they only have Jakopin, Flajs, and Kovačević, while Kovačević is still young and quite unexperienced, i think they would need another more experienced receiver to help them in tough situations and matches. And kolaković should rest the starting six in some less important matches in the MEVZA...

I know the MEVZA games taking place between the domestic league and the CL must be exhausting at some point, but Jastrzebski was not such a threat, at least not the one that would normally take a 3-0 away victory in Bled.. Anyway, I guess it's possible, they still made 3 consecutive 3-0 victories to top the pool, they were last in the middle of the stage without a win, so I'll take it as a miracle :D btw, I think Bled has some pretty good chances to be the host of F4 instead of Trentino, otherwise you'd be right and they would definitely need to find a way to rest players if they want to reach the F4..

• I know the MEVZA games taking place between the domestic league and the CL must be exhausting at some point, but Jastrzebski was not such a threat, at least not the one that would normally take a 3-0 away victory in Bled.. Anyway, I guess it's possible, they still made 3 consecutive 3-0 victories to top the pool, they were last in the middle of the stage without a win, so I'll take it as a miracle :D btw, I think Bled has some pretty good chances to be the host of F4 instead of Trentino, otherwise you'd be right and they would definitely need to find a way to rest players if they want to reach the F4..

teams that play MEVZA do not play domestic league until playoffs in march/april, their domestic league is MEVZA ;)

bled is famous from Hoag time that have 12 more or less equal players, thats why they stunned Lube Macerata i.e. last season but this season they arent so deep. But you must know that van Dijk almost didnt play at all since new year, so he cant be tired, also setters Vincic and Petkovic are playing 50-50 time, maybe OH are tired, but generally Bled shouldnt suffer on this aspect this season, not with much weaker MEVZA than previous years...

teams that play MEVZA do not play domestic league until playoffs in march/april, their domestic league is MEVZA ;)

Hmm.. I didn't know that! So you say there are no regular rounds of the Austrian, Slovakian, Slovenian, Croatian and Hungarian leagues while MEVZA is taking place? Are they supposed to finish all the league rounds before January? And then jump to play-offs immediately once MEVZA is finished? Man, that's weird! Then Bled should not be exhausted indeed at this stage, only top half of the MEVZA teams are competitive! I guess you are right, the bench might be too small.

• Then Bled should not be exhausted indeed at this stage

Unless they recently did major physicall training during Christmas break, so they'll be in good shape until the playoff stage.

• Im not saying the whole team is tired, only the OH are tired, which was clearly seen in the match against Jastrzebie, but Jastrzebie just played better than ACH, made less mistakes, and they deserved to win! :)
    And yes, ACH doesnt play the slovenian leagu at this point, they will start playing it in february, when the teams in the slovenian league are divided into two groups:
    Blue(top 4 teams of the regullar season + ACH Volley and Salonit Anhovo)
    Green(bottom 6 teams)
    And then the top 4 teams of the Blue group quallify for the semi finals

• Im not saying the whole team is tired, only the OH are tired, which was clearly seen in the match against Jastrzebie, but Jastrzebie just played better than ACH, made less mistakes, and they deserved to win! :)
    And yes, ACH doesnt play the slovenian leagu at this point, they will start playing it in february, when the teams in the slovenian league are divided into two groups:
    Blue(top 4 teams of the regullar season + ACH Volley and Salonit Anhovo)
    Green(bottom 6 teams)
    And then the top 4 teams of the Blue group quallify for the semi finals

I agree with you. Bled need another OH. Only Flajs and Jakopin is not enough. In this game against Jastrzebie Flajs was not plaing well and the only option was Kovacevic, who has no experience. If Flajs and Jakopin play good they will have chance.

• According to sport.pl:

Skra Bełchatów - Knack Roeselare
    ACH Volley Bled - Zenit Kazań

Jastrzębski - Unterhaching.
    Budvanska Rivera - Noliko Maaseik

• Generali Unterhahching - Jastrzebski Wiegel

Budvanska Rivijera Budva (Montenegro) - Noliko Maseeik

Tours VB - Dinamo Moscow

Knack Randstad Roeselare- PGE Skra Belchatow

ACH Volley Bled - Zenit Kazan

Lokomotiv Belgorod - Bre Banca Lannutti Cuneo

• Here it is.

Tours had the toughest pool, now they have the toughest board ! *
    Let's keep being the underdogs ! :lol:

*The same goes for Belgorod ...

• Generali Unterhahching - Jastrzebski Wiegel x Budvanska Rivijera Budva (Montenegro) - Noliko Maseeik. One of this teams will be in F4. They were lucky.

• Generali Unterhahching - Jastrzebski Wiegel x Budvanska Rivijera Budva (Montenegro) - Noliko Maseeik. One of this teams will be in F4. They were lucky.

I think that Jastrzębski Węgiel have a big chance to win with Unterhaching anf after with teams Budva/Maaseik. Jastrzebski now is stronger than at the beginning of the season and have easy way to play in Final4..The biggest star of this team is coach Lorentzo Bernardi. The best player in my opinion Lukas Divis. Good jump, service, reception,technique and efficency on attack. Lukas played in F4 with VFB Freidrishafen few years ago. On attack play Mitja Gasparini but if Wegiel have problems plays good attacker with high reach Igor Yudin The weaksest position in JSW are young middle-blockers without good block and serve. They only are good attackers. Second reciever is experienced Australian Ben Hardy. Setter is young perspective Polish player Grzegorz Łomacz from Polish NT.
    Skra will have more problems because if win they will play with Zenit Kazan with world class players as Priddy Ball Tietiuchin Michajlow. It will be good match but before this teams must win with first opponents in Champions League but it can't be easy win.

• it would be awesome Maaseik reaching the final 4 :p
    I also think they are the better team of Budva/Jasztrebski-unterhaching, but we'll see !
    I certainly hope they'll will make it
    Roeselare on the other hand has to play 2 perfect matches against Belchatow... But you never know :)