The 2012 CEV Champions League

• well it is not like they made a statement this is the only reason, but it is so obvious this Kiossev is a lot weaker even for our low league standards, there are some nice much younger guys that could have been offered from CSKA for not so much money. I am sure most of them would take the chance to show in CL at least. And beeing the son of his father I guess certan number of contatcs play a role for him beeing emplyoed in CSKA...
    We discussed in Bulgarian league thread for another similar case - Zhany Zheliazkov, even thought at least Zhany seems unwilling to play volleyball while Kiossev just lack a talent...

But you can't deny that he compensates with body mass :D

May be, but Kiossev can receive, and that is so rare in Bulgaria

Of cousre, he can - receiving doesn't demand jumping unlike spiking, blocking, serving... :P

Wild Wild West!

..............................................................................................

" There is nothing better than this"

..............................................................................................

• CSKA-Noliko wasn't a great game. Both teams were almost without opposites. Ivanov had to play a lot with his MB, while Van Harskamp was passing pretty much only to Maan/Wounembaina at 4 plus some rare pipes. BTW why does the Dutch coach always start with that other setter? Everytime Noliko are losing the first set and then Van Harskamp has to come in to rescue them ?(

Velizar is good enough for no money player. Today his serve produced more break points than any other's.

Don't you worry, don't you worry child. See heaven's got a plan for you

Edited once, last by rugby ().

• Kiossev is not the only problem of CSKA, we had that discussion already. Actually, he was decent today, but I can't agree with the previous comments that he can receive, I think we saw it pretty clear that both Kiossev and Stefanov have problems in this element. To me this is the most impotent Noliko I have ever seen, so it is a shame CSKA couldn't take advantage of it, but with these problems, shape and players - that's it. When the setter cannot use his opposite too often and cannot set the more difficult balls to him he is becoming predictable, we saw how many mistakes both OHs had, only with MBs it would be extremely tough.. It's a pity indeed, but I am happy for what CSKA showed.

I also watched Unterhaching and Jihostroj. The Czechs play much better away than at home, they made Generali suffer, but we should also confess that they were missing the injured libero Pruesener - a key figure in the team, Hupka didn't replace him super efficiently, but still well enough, also Shafranovich and Kaliberda came after injuries. Kaliberda was not as powerful as usual, but with a great spirit they won 2 points after losing 1-2. For some reason the home side looked a bit unfocused, they had their almost complete squad available this time. Ceske Budejovice is not a bad team after all, everyone, even Cuneo, will suffer against them if they underestimate the Czechs. Novotny is again a starter after some time on the bench of Skra, Zapletal showed to me tonight why he is the setter N2 in the NT, he is still in shape, the only question mark I have is why they decided to sign Andi Rojas, he is not super experienced, besides he is not a very efficient spiker, he has a weird technique and even loses height as he jumps with the wrong foot.. his reception is sometimes constanstly stable, but his overall stats are not impressive, even if you check the league data.. However, to be honest, he helped Jihostroj a lot tonight despite the things I mentioned. Anyway, a nice game in Unterhaching, as I said, the most important game in this group will probably be there again when Poitiers is going to visit.

Poitiers played better than last week, but it was still not enough to win a set. There was a mistake by the referees when Caceres touched the net after spiking at the end of the second set, it might have given the set to the French if I saw the situation correctly in the replay action. What I am sure of now in the middle of the season is that Poitiers significantly miss Rouzier, Culafic is just not the right guy to replace him, we will see if he can do the job in the French league, but in the CL he's been somewhat disappointing.

• Stokr is really impresive today! How come he cannot play like that for Czech NT :evil:

He plays the same in NT. Just Czech Republic doesn't have Juantorena and Kaziyski in their roster as an attacking threat. ;)

• Rouzier no comment...
    Trento won and have 3 points. Trento demlished in 3rd set. First and second set were thougt but finally stupid mistakes of Zaksa and Trento won. Zaksa one week ago should get 3 points but referee... Anyway Trento 1 st place in groub Zaksa propably 2nd but must win with other teams in group. This game what Zaksa showed today and 4 days ago it wouldn't be simple.

• Anto :obey: Zaksa :obey: Guys started poorly, managed to catch up, but then collapsed again. Zaksa-Treno match in brief.

:D

Drań :D Merry Christmas to you too, you party pooper!

• After the underhand serve thing, I'm getting fed up with Juantorena.
    Anyway, congratulations to Trentino and Trentino fans. I feel terribly sorry for ZAKSA. Wish us both a better tomorrow.
    Damn, I'm exhausted now. 2:30am in China, I must go to sleep.

Edit:
    Perhaps I should not say this, but forgive a sleepy man's words. I really think the referees made some bad calls on behalf of Trentino in the two matches. I don't know whether ZAKSA benefited anything in the away match, but today they are victims.

• Is anyone having problems with Laola tv lately?. I am!. The video slows down on and on. It looks like a problem about feed is happening.

Same here. Sometimes the stream doesn't even start

• The judges make errors against Trentino too, like in the tiebreak with Cuneo