The 2012 CEV Champions League

• I can't believe how bad Poitiers team is.They would definitely struggle to avoid relegation if they were in A1.
    CSKA's problem is not their age. It's their pathetic block-defense organization.
    Any sane person would prefer 40 or so Ivanov in front of much younger Zhekov :gone:

• I can't believe how bad Poitiers team is.They would definitely struggle to avoid relegation if they were in A1.

CSKA's problem is not their age. It's their pathetic block-defense organization.

Any sane person would prefer 40 or so Ivanov in front of much younger Zhekov :gone:

Mad CSKA fan is not sane - it is the opposite of sane. All hail Levski :obey:

• Yeah, I'm pretty sure that's the way it is with their careers. :wavy: Vladi Aleksandrov was already forgotten and way out of national team before coming to CSKA. When CSKA signed him, it was maybe his last chance to rise again. And it's only his fault that experienced players like Stefanov are on the field and not him. What about Tedi? Another great CSKA player going abroad. It's no surpise CSKA is once again above all other BG teams when it comes to raising and selling talents to foreign teams. And that's how it is in every sport. 8)

• Concentrate on CL guys. Pls. There are more than enough overspammed topics here :offtopic:

• Yeah, I'm pretty sure that's the way it is with their careers. :wavy: Vladi Aleksandrov was already forgotten and way out of national team before coming to CSKA. When CSKA signed him, it was maybe his last chance to rise again. And it's only his fault that experienced players like Stefanov are on the field and not him. What about Tedi? Another great CSKA player going abroad. It's no surpise CSKA is once again above all other BG teams when it comes to raising and selling talents to foreign teams. And that's how it is in every sport. 8)

CSKA are the best at injuring players :offtopic:

• I like how we played. After all, if we had two much younger spikers and Manchev was first choice we could've clinch at least the third set. Haldane, considering his age, is outstanding, :)

Yeah, just because you saw them playing one game ...

Put an other team with just a little less physical skills and/or a little less experience than Cuneo, and see how Poitiers is going to use any mistake of them to get them crazy.

• Quite easy victory for noliko tonight but I don't understand why Heynen is choosing Valkiers instead of Van Harskamp and always waiting one set to change them.Against Arkas Izmir Valkiers also played the first set and noliko also lost it...

• Armel is right, you can't judge a team on a single game only, probably you could have said the same thing about Cuneo if you have watched only their home game against Jihostroj. Poitiers was weak yesterday, but they need to make one strong match only away in Unterhaching to remain second (even if more mistakes could happen meanwhile).

If the guys who doubted the qualities of Butko watched him yesterday in Istanbul, probably they wouldn't have anything to add against him. He was very good and with the great comeback of Sanchez Novosibirsk made it look easy. Fenerbahce keeps having troubles playing versus Russians, Belgorod beat them twice last year, now Novosibirsk is on the way to get there as well, the Turks probably find it easier to oppose to the faster Italians.

I have no idea what happened to Unterhaching yesterday. When I opened laola1 I saw two opposites playing in the main team (the young Hirsch playing the whole game as an OH), the new guy Carvalho showing up in the middle, Kaliberda and Cedeno on the bench and a missing Shafranovich, I thought Unterhaching came to the Czech Republic for a walk. I don't know if they had problems with injuries or something, but it is a very brave decision by Paduretu to play with most of the second squad in an away CL game. Luckily, Uniterhaching got away with it, but I really don't get such a decision even if it worked out this time.

About our game, CSKA took more than I expected from them. Noliko deserved to win, of course, but they didn't impress me and I totally agree with the critics about Heynen starting with Valkiers instead of van Harskamp. To me this was the reason for CSKA to win the first set, which we might have dropped otherwise. A good debut for Haldane, it's a pity that a 41-year-old guy is one of the best in our team. If it wasn't for the multiple problems in CSKA, I would have advised Kiossev to change sports and practise something like wrestling, for example, the guy is way too fat and slow for the level of the CL.

• I would have advised Kiossev to change sports and practise something like wrestling, for example, the guy is way too fat and slow for the level of the CL.

I don't understand why he didn't lose any weight? Does he have hormonal problems? Even I lost 14 kgs when switched to high protein, low carb (cycling carbs) diet with only two times per week weight lifting and without hunger. He burns a lot more than me every day, how come he stays fat?!

• Sure, I've seen Poitiers play before. Ag. Generali who had quite a few problems- like their libero was puking all over the place and had to be replaced by Hupka for a while, they weren't much better. Saw last year's final as well and it was the same story. 3-4 games might not be enough to say I know the team well, but I know their main players well - since most of them are NT members. I can't see any of them surviving in a decent Italian team. Maybe only Pinheiro and Marechal would do OK, but the second lacks any athleticism whatsoever, so he needs to work a lot in the gym. Of course, this is only my opinion, so don't flame me

• Belchatow won 3-1 but both deserved to win, great match :thumbsup:

3-2 actually and it was quite nervous match to me :lol: Now let's see if Trento's gonna make it, too :roll:

Wild Wild West!

..............................................................................................

" There is nothing better than this"

..............................................................................................