2013 CEV Champions League

• Scarpetta who did say that My post had to be funny? To have wife as You is tragedy lol poor raylight when He saw last time soup.

There is no "good" or "bad" outside what people decide as good or bad.
    The laws are based on that, on the social and moral norms people agree
    upon, So, my answer is, yes - if law says it is ok to rape children,
    then people would've decided it to be a good thing and it will be a good
    thing.

That's how I see things too. There is no absolute rule for right and wrong. The things are right or wrong for some person. And personally for me what Dynamo did wasn't cheating. Yes it sucked for the people that paid their tickets to watch real exciting game and Dynamo didn't play. However most of the people there were Trentino fans and they were there to see their team win, so I don't see what Dynamo did that horrible.

Wrong!
    Both of your statements. It happens all the time in many other sports
    (look football Champions league 2012/2013, a quick example). And second,
    Dinamo can be everything but not the strongest team.

Damn why Real Madrid will play against Manchester United in Champions League this year? And why the hell Real Madrid played against Bayern Munich some years ago? And for those who don't follow football - yes those teams are all good and they might be not the strongest ones, but yes it will be better for them to meet in later phases of the tournament. But someone should play those teams and there is no other way.

The understanding that cheating is about violating rules is ridiculous.

This applies for the laws. After that all is fair game and every person follow their own rules and live how they want to under the rules they agree to follow.

• Polish volleyball desperately needs a miracle today. And Sovia just won a set. Maybe I'm crazy but I believe in them.

C'mon, it's always worth to believe in your team ;)

:super: DINAMO! :super: Yay, I'll still have someone to root for!

• Right now considering Zenit's form, Macerata is the clear favourite .

I agree with this, but then when I saw how Yugra won against Dynamo I thought that it won't be that difficult for Trentino to beat them and we saw how this turned out. We can't be sure if the surprises in CL this year have ended.

On paper though and given what we've seen so far Macerata are favorites.

Oh and I agree with you - Trentino needed strong serve in the golden set, but they couldn't deliver.

• That's why I love the Champions League competition so much! No matter if there are weaker teams in the group stage, or even boring games/groups sometimes, CL play-offs match no other tournament!

• I agree with this, but then when I saw how Yugra won against Dynamo I thought that it won't be that difficult for Trentino to beat them and we saw how this turned out. We can't be sure if the surprises in CL this year have ended.

On paper though and given what we've seen so far Macerata are favorites.

Oh and I agree with you - Trentino needed strong serve in the golden set, but they couldn't deliver.

What are you guys talking about? Zenit and Macerata could only meet in the final this year! Or you are just comparing the two teams? In that case, I wouldn't be so sure about clear favourites, Zenit is a great team with a very good coach, so I wouldn't say Macerata is the better choice ;) And when it comes to an eventual final between the two... but it's way too early, many things might happen until then.

• What are you guys talking about? Zenit and Macerata could only meet in the final this year! Or you are just comparing the two teams? In that case, I wouldn't be so sure about clear favourites, Zenit is a great team with a very good coach, so I wouldn't say Macerata is the better choice ;) And when it comes to an eventual final between the two... but it's way too early, many things might happen until then.

We are talking about the final four. I mean Macerata is favorite for beating Cuneo. As for Zenit well I do think that they could beat Dynamo, so those two teams could fight for the cup.

Yeah many things could happen which is why I said that nothing is too sure. And yeah that's the fun in CL.

• I also think there was a coaching in Trentino's defeat. Kruglov won majority of his points by hitting parallel. Trentino should avoid it.
    2013 is a nightmare for Trentino. But you know they are the world club champions :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
    Raylight- calm down . It is overrrrr

I've been telling that all the time. Trento were never good at block-defense and that is a real shame since they have monstrous serve and their opponents rarely receive perfectly

• I'm so sorry for Trento...they looked determined! it is really a hard defeat to accept! ;(

I agree with u.Btw Trento don't use too much the MB.I don't like this kind of play.So congratulations Dinamo and congratulations Arkas.Liberman is the best :super:

• Right now considering Zenit's form, Macerata is the clear favourite .

Sorry but I've to laugh :lol: :lol: u based ur opinion on what? Easy group with Haching, ACH and Lennik? Or psycho maniacs from Rzeszow who should swept floor with them in 1st match? I love when people overreact without right reason

• Sorry but I've to laugh :lol: :lol: u based ur opinion on what? Easy group with Haching, ACH and Lennik? Or psycho maniacs from Rzeszow who should swept floor with them in 1st match? I love when people overreact without right reason

I don't know for scarpetta, but my opinion is based on their games in Italy, not in CL. I saw what they could do. Zaytsev is a beast in attack and serve (he could have problems with float serves sometimes though). Podrascanin is very stable in block. Henno is a great libero. Does this mean that they will be sure for the win? Of course not, we won't know till the end of the final game. We can't pronounce them as the strongest team, but to say that they are not amongst the favorites is just ridiculous. And that still doesn't mean anything, because favorites don't win always.

Macerata have their weaknesses - Travica and that's a big one. This guy is just predictable so that might make it easy for their opponents. However Zenit had their weak moments too (in Russian league for sure). Nothing is 100 % sure, but Macerata could play really good.

• I've been telling that all the time. Trento were never good at block-defense and that is a real shame since they have monstrous serve and their opponents rarely receive perfectly

Actually, last night Trento played great in defense. Made some blocks, too, but I can agree that it isn't their strongest weapon.

As for favourites - anyone (even Arkas :D ). But I doubt that Dinamo will produce another performance like in Moscow or in the Golden set yesterday. They are too shaky and Kurek (still) is not the beast he was before that injury. Macerata are favourites, but only on paper, like Trento were (I expected difficulties for Trento, but not on this stage). I think now it's more on character, inspiration, luck and delivering in the right moment (like yesterday). I will cheer for ZAKsa, but I haven't followed them recently and don't know their current shape.

• I don't know for scarpetta, but my opinion is based on their games in Italy, not in CL. I saw what they could do. Zaytsev is a beast in attack and serve (he could have problems with float serves sometimes though). Podrascanin is very stable in block. Henno is a great libero.

No point to discuss about bolded part, Macerata is a great team ;) For me they r mystery, Italian league is quite weak this season IMO and minus for Macerata as they dont have "natural" opposite. Kooy is timed bomb, just one thing can trigger destruction. U think Modena gave him just like that? Move on, f.e. Piacenza have monster team but fact is they've lost all major derbies. Cannot say they are serious team no matter what. Cuneo - lot of oscillations, weak bench etc. Trentino is major force, they destroyed Dynamo last night (dont talk about GS) and I see them as the best team but they also doesnt have bench. Many teams have financial problems, we can't read it on daily base but trust me, first hand info :D Modena can surprise but I dont think they can maintain good form in playoffs, same goes for Vibo.

Macerata didnt have serious opponent so far in CL, I knew they will blow Resovia who is struggling a lot even with full team. Lennik was amateur team, Haching is mediocre like ACH Volley so I couldnt see their true power. I see people underestimate Zenit but everyon who watched Berlin this season can will confirm my words. They r a great team, they played without Touzinsky and Sikirić vs Zenit, Hohne is 4th choice on OH. Just remember how they destroyed Novosibirsk in Berlin, they were close to take 2 sets in Novosibirsk but refs stole them 1st set. Maybe Zenit underestimated them a bit, that's my opinion. Zenit have Alekno, he is cunning coach, only Superleague and CL left for them and after Trentino being eliminated they have great chance to defend title.

• No point to discuss about bolded part, Macerata is a great team ;) For me they r mystery, Italian league is quite weak this season IMO and minus for Macerata as they dont have "natural" opposite. Kooy is timed bomb, just one thing can trigger destruction. U think Modena gave him just like that? Move on, f.e. Piacenza have monster team but fact is they've lost all major derbies. Cannot say they are serious team no matter what. Cuneo - lot of oscillations, weak bench etc. Trentino is major force, they destroyed Dynamo last night (dont talk about GS) and I see them as the best team but they also doesnt have bench. Many teams have financial problems, we can't read it on daily base but trust me, first hand info :D Modena can surprise but I dont think they can maintain good form in playoffs, same goes for Vibo.

Macerata didnt have serious opponent so far in CL, I knew they will blow Resovia who is struggling a lot even with full team. Lennik was amateur team, Haching is mediocre like ACH Volley so I couldnt see their true power. I see people underestimate Zenit but everyon who watched Berlin this season can will confirm my words. They r a great team, they played without Touzinsky and Sikirić vs Zenit, Hohne is 4th choice on OH. Just remember how they destroyed Novosibirsk in Berlin, they were close to take 2 sets in Novosibirsk but refs stole them 1st set. Maybe Zenit underestimated them a bit, that's my opinion. Zenit have Alekno, he is cunning coach, only Superleague and CL left for them and after Trentino being eliminated they have great chance to defend title.

I don't rule out at all Zenit, but to be honest both teams showed that they have weaknesses, so for me the question in these Playoffs would be who will take advantage of the weaknesses of their opponents and yes there will be a bit luck in those games. Which is why we can't be sure who will be champion. I do think that teams like Macerata and Zenit have more chances than Cuneo for example who don't have middle blocker. I haven't watched ZAKSA that much this season, so I don't know what they could do.

And I agree with you that the finance crisis could be seen in Italy. From what I've seen Macerata have strong mentality and the coach knows how to rearrange this team when their attack doesn't work. For example the final for Italy Cup between Macerata and Trentino. Trentino killed the first two sets and a lot of teams would give up, but they didn't and they killed Trentino in the third one. And we all know that the 4th set was a bit lucky for Trentino. Macerata did have their chances to go for a 5th set. As for Modenna they are good this year, but I'm not sure too if they could maintain good form for the Playoffs.

• Since new season 2013-2014 during Men's and Women's play-off will be changes- here matches also will get points:

3-0 3 pts
    3-1 3 pts
    3-2 2 etc.

Golden Set will be when after 2 matches Teams will have the same points' number.

Also will change competition format but from 2014-2015 season.

• Good idea :thumbup:

But then after 3:0 and 1:0 the second match is losing it's meaning. Still, it can't be perfect anyway...

• Well.. if Team wins 1st match 3-0 gets 3 pts and leads 1-0 in 2nd match as You wrote but may lose 1-3 and 3 pts goes to Opponent and will be Golden Set.

• Well.. if Team wins 1st match 3-0 gets 3 pts and leads 1-0 in 2nd match as You wrote but may lose 1-3 and 3 pts goes to Opponent and will be Golden Set.

Ah, yeah... I didn't see it was also 3pts for 3:1. Great idea, then :thumbup: