2013 CEV Champions League

• wow! what a shock after Trentino now Macerata is out of the competition.they are the biggest candidates for the title!!
    Congrats. Cuneo!!! Sokolov and especialy Ngapeth!! what a potential he has!! his defence was awesome!!

• Macherata players should train more instead of spending so much time in the hair salon, especially Zaytsev :D

Antonov and Sokolov are sharing time on middle-blockers!!!

No, they aren't.

• Yes, they are. Take a look at A1 sometimes, please :wavy:

I take a regular look at A1 and I know that Sokolov and Kohut are MBs and Antonov is an opposite. Antonov also steps off the field after serve which doesn't mean that he's an MB. Just the rotation is a bit weird. Take a closer look sometimes.

• ^ this. Sokolov plays as a MB when in zones 4,3,2 and an opp. when in 6 and 5.

• I take a regular look at A1 and I know that Sokolov and Kohut are MBs and Antonov is an opposite. Antonov also steps off the field after serve which doesn't mean that he's an MB. Just the rotation is a bit weird. Take a closer look sometimes.

How can you say Antonov didnt play as middle-blocker when he attacked regularly from that zone?

• How can you say Antonov didnt play as middle-blocker when he attacked regularly from that zone?

Aaah, man you're so stubborn. Unless you have video proof or of some other sort, what you say is incorrect atm. In the same way I can say that the MB duo was De Pandis - Piazza.

• Yeeesssss!!! Cuneo finally showed the team spirit they are capable of! Immense serving! Earvin Ngapeth is a real igniter, the X-factor of the team! And one of ZAKsa and Cuneo will be on final 8o

What's wrong with Antonov and De Pandis ?(

The same question I have... I recently watch a very few matches but Antonov actually drew my attention. I even tried to find some info on wikipedia about him. You know what I got? That he's Soviet aircraft designer :D
    So I will watch him in match against ZAKsa with huge interest.

Yes, Cuneo are very psychotic team. When they are "inspired" they can beat anyone. I also don't know how they can keep such mental level for two consecutive games (days? as well). It is very tiresome to do it and they probably won't. But, who thought that we'll see a Final4 without both Trento and Macerata? Now if Kazan loses the semifinal, this will be the year of surprises. I have a hunch that Zenit won't win the CL this year. Something like ZAKsa is appearing in my head :whistling: What the boys and girls from Poland think about that? :D

I guess I don't have to tell you what I think about it. Read my mind :D
    I'm happy for Cuneo and sad for Dinamo. I was thinking about the same thing during Zenit - Dinamo match. Skra was already out, Trento - as well, so why not Zenit out either... :whistle: :D Well, stronger won. I can still expect F4 blowing my mind. Cuneo will be still hard nut to crack doesn't matter if they have problems with MBs or not. For me they have a monster trio - I mean Sokolov, Wijsmans and N'gapeth - and I can't wait for the battle with my team. Especially that we have in turn monsters on the middle ;) Wiśniewski is sensational lately. And Zagumny vs Grbic? Dudes, that will be awesome :D

• It's possible, you just have to believe in yourself and really not care what other people say, because I've heard it all.
    If you let someone else dictate what you're going to do in life, then you won't get there.

Non so neanche come onestamente: in due mesi ero di nuovo in campo.

• I made it :) The match was full with interesting actions, but I didn't have time and patience to make full highlights

• It is about time Lokomotiv outsmarted Zenit! And they did it just when it mattered the most! Zenit hadn't been beaten in Europe before this match, having only dropped four sets, all against Berlin. It often happens like that - when you are too perfect throughout a tournament you lose an important game somewhere in the run. Biryukov was very shaky today, MVP should be given to either Divis or Zhilin, but I think Divis was utterly the reason for the first surprise in this F4. I think I mentioned it already earlier in this thread that, taking into account how the season goes so far, it should come as no surprise if Novosibirsk beat Zenit. What is equally important now, Voronkov made a huge step forward to taking over Alekno's position as a national team head coach. It would still depend on the outcome of tomorrow's final, but Voronkov is probably already applicant N1 to lead Russia.

A great, great start of this weekend! Let's hope for more :)

Btw, what's with the music in the sports hall? I would go mad if they keep on playing these rhythms on Sunday as well :D