2013 CEV Champions League

• Yes Butko was definitely faster, but for me part of the reason for this loss was the errors Cuneo made. They gave them too much points.

That reminds me Cuneo were terrible in reception and defense too. There wasn't any element where they were decent actually.

• I think this is Cuneo's maximum, they fought well but without 2nd quality MB you can't win CL. What to say about Loko? ILucky win but this team has a lot of problems, very poor block considering tall players in team. I'm quite sure they wouldnt reach FF if werent hosts. This system isnt fair at all, others played 4 matches more (!!) and still Loko took trophy.

There are other issuses, like many WC given to poor teams like Zalau or Lennik, very bad referees etc.

• Yes Butko was definitely faster, but for me part of the reason for this loss was the errors Cuneo made. They gave them too much points.

That reminds me Cuneo were terrible in reception and defense too. There wasn't any element where they were decent actually.

When u have 58% attack efficiency in final you did a great job in that element. Reception is poor, Wijsmans should have been main target, in that case I'm sure Loko would win easier

• Well for me Cuneo played better yesterday, so they could do more (in defense and serving were better yesterday). I do agree though that without decent MB is kind of hard to win. Kohut is not that brilliant MD and Sokolov is not MB at all. So they basically have no working block.

And I agree that Loko should have been far better in blocking given the height of their players, but they weren't.

• i dont know why but Trentino seems to be a better team to me than all the teams in f4!

Macerata too, except for Zenit, the team is not in top shape, but is on the highest level in general.

• Well personally for me the final was 5 setter because both team didn't exactly play that high volleyball and not because they were that good, so yes Trentino and Macerata could have made more interesting final for me.

The formula however is such that they dropped out.

• najlepszy atakujący: Antonin Rouzier (ZAKSA Kędzierzyn-Koźle)

najlepszy blokujący: David Lee (Zenit Kazań)

najlepiej zagrywający: Felipe Fonteles (ZAKSA Kędzierzyn-Koźle)

najlepszy libero: Daniele De Pandis ( Bre Banca Cuneo)

najlepszy przyjmujący: Jurij Biereżko (Zenit Kazań)

najlepszy rozgrywający: Aleksander Butko (Lokomotiw Nowosybirsk)

najlepiej punktujący: Marcus Nilsson (Lokomotiw Nowosybirsk)

MVP: Marcus Nilsson (Lokomotiw Nowosybirsk)

• Statistically the best spiker is Sokolov, 70% in the first match, 52% in the second, Wijsmans strong candidate too. Rousier had uner 50% in both matches. CEV = Corruption.

Sokolov - 34/55, Wijsmans - 35/55, Definetly not Rousier

http://www.cev.lu/Competition-…hStatistics.aspx?ID=24717
    http://www.cev.lu/Competition-…hStatistics.aspx?ID=24718
    http://www.cev.lu/Competition-…hStatistics.aspx?ID=24719
    http://www.cev.lu/Competition-…hStatistics.aspx?ID=24716

• Apparently CEV doesn't evaluate efficiency. Rouzier is the leading spiker in both matches (35 total winning spikes in 9 sets).
    For me Rouzier looks like one of the weakest spikers though.

• As a setter myself, I can guarantee you that Grbic enjoyed a weekend as good as the one Butko has. I don't know what the stats said, it doesn't matter much, because the Best Setter award is not given based on numbers, but often based on overall impression and, even more often, straight to the setter of the winning team. Both Butko and Grbic played great today. I don't agree he set too low or too high, his sets are just as accurate most of the time as they need to be. Wijsmans has ALWAYS played with higher balls, no need for many fast sets to him. Check again the ones to Ngapeth and Sokolov - much faster - masterpieces!

Awards shouldn't be discussed in general as it is pointless. Especially the one given to Berezhko. For God's sake, he wasn't even a starter in any of the sets, as far as I can remember. But as I said, doesn't matter, the glass figures they could assign to pretty much anyone they want :)

Congratulations to Lokomotiv! True, they played fewer games, but they won and they did it over the defending champions and a team that knocked out Macerata - you guys can't complain about it ;) How would an underdog eventually win something like this? Besides, remember last year the way Novosibirsk was kicked out in Izmir after some controversial situations. They clearly deserved a place in F4 last year, how do you know they weren't going to find one this year? To me they deserved to host the F4 and to qualify straight to it as an organizer.

An amazing tournament for Divis! Today Biryukov helped him a lot as well! Sokolov disappointed, whereas Wijsmans deserved a title for what he showed. I agree about his reception weakness, but surprisingly he wasn't targeted as much as Ngapeth, must be some of the tactics of the Russians. We've talked about the potential of Cuneo - whether they could show more with a normal rotation. Normally, I would say yes, but today I think they couldn't show more. Sokolov was front row in the decisive parts of the tie-break, got blocked, you can't really state they would've done better otherwise.

Anyway, another great season is over! A classy final once more :)

• Well it's hard to say. Sokolov played better yesterday I agree, but today he was useless as MB. And given the fact that as a whole Cuneo sucks at blocking I'm not sure how much it helped them that he was just standing there. At least as an opposite he could have tried something and scored some points.

For me all of Cuneo's players made mistakes - Ngapeth errors in attack, Wejsmans wasn't good in reception, Sokolov wasn't that good in serving in the beginning and not that efficient in attack and not good in blocking at all, Grbic was better yesterday (today he had some bad passes), Kohut made too much serving errors. De Pandis was pretty consistent, but still worse than yesterday. I definitely saw lower balls for Sokolov and as a result he was caught in block. I also saw inaccurate balls that lead to just dropping the ball in Lokomotiv's side. And Novosibirsks were really good with the tips at the net so they dug out most of those situations. Grbic is a favorite setter for me and he wasn't terrible today, but he was better yesterday. I guess he was a bit tired after the game against Zaksa.

It's good for Lokomotiv to win as hosts because they had good support and those fans would have been disappointed if they had lost. And they fought hard against Zenit yesterday to qualify for this final. Overall though the errors today were more than yesterday (in both games) so it wasn't exactly the highest level of volleyball.

• Apparently CEV doesn't evaluate efficiency. Rouzier is the leading spiker in both matches (35 total winning spikes in 9 sets).
    For me Rouzier looks like one of the weakest spikers though.

This is scorer, not spiker. The one who scores the most pointsis the best scorer. The one who spikes most efficiently is the best spiker. What is important is that this Champions League is another CEV joke - the golden set rule, the elimination of the strongest teams very early by the scheme and the cherry on top - the awards, not based on stats. This is what the word "corruption" means - setting of conditions for tournament for maximum financial return instead of "the strongest shall survive". They look the sport only as a business, and no ethical or sport thought comes to their mind. No wonder our federation is so screwed, when they have the bright European example infront of their eyes. No wonder volleyball is not getting the popularity it had once and the one it deserves.

• SHIT, I'M SO HAPPY

Thank you guys so much for making my mood definitely better, than it was before! I knew you can do it, I just knew that :woohoo: You're awesome!