2016 CEV DenizBank Champions League

• Country quotas prior to the club season's end:

3 - Russia, Italy
    2 - Poland, Turkey, Belgium, France, Germany, Romania
    1 - Greece, Czech Republic, Austria, Slovenia, Serbia, Bulgaria, Switzerland, Montenegro

26 quotas in total plus 2 expected Wild Cards for a total of 28 teams. One of the WCs should probably be granted to Poland. Romania will have 2 teams, whereas Switzerland won't rely on invitation this time.

• why Poland not with 3 teams yet?

they have already had a team in any european cup all the time but still with 2 teams in CL ?

btw..is Polish league stronger than Italian ?

I think yes, the Polish League is stronger than the Italian these days. According to the official CEV document, the rankings are based on 3 successive seasons, but the season preceding the season which teams are registering for is not taken into account. This means that for the 2015-2016 ranking, on which the Champions League and all other CEV Cups' participants are based now, seasons 2013-2014, 2012-2013 and 2011-2012 are valid. Back then Italian teams, such as Trentino and Piacenza, could still win trophies. Now Polish teams have more wins, probably Turkish teams as well, and this should be reflected in the next two ranking updates.

• I think yes, the Polish League is stronger than the Italian these days. According to the official CEV document, the rankings are based on 3 successive seasons, but the season preceding the season which teams are registering for is not taken into account. This means that for the 2015-2016 ranking, on which the Champions League and all other CEV Cups' participants are based now, seasons 2013-2014, 2012-2013 and 2011-2012 are valid. Back then Italian teams, such as Trentino and Piacenza, could still win trophies. Now Polish teams have more wins, probably Turkish teams as well, and this should be reflected in the next two ranking updates.

I think yes, the Polish League is stronger than the Italian these days. According to the official CEV document, the rankings are based on 3 successive seasons, but the season preceding the season which teams are registering for is not taken into account. This means that for the 2015-2016 ranking, on which the Champions League and all other CEV Cups' participants are based now, seasons 2013-2014, 2012-2013 and 2011-2012 are valid. Back then Italian teams, such as Trentino and Piacenza, could still win trophies. Now Polish teams have more wins, probably Turkish teams as well, and this should be reflected in the next two ranking updates

thx..

• I agree about polish league, which deserves 3 teams, but not about the turkish one.

Per un pir, un pam un persec per na brogna e na rumleina, nuetr'a sam d'la Ghirlandeina nuetr'a sam da rispeter

• Let's see what we know already. Sure participants are:

Poland: Asseco Resovia Rzeszow
    Russia: Belogorie Belgorod, Zenit Kazan
    Italy: Energy T.I. Diatec Trentino
    Germany: VfB Friedrichshafen, Berlin Recycling Volleys
    Turkey: Arkas Izmir
    Austria: Hypo Tirol Innsbruck
    Slovenia: ACH Volley Ljubljana

Dukla Liberec won the title in the Czech Rep., I guess they won't refuse a CL participation. Marek Union-Ivkoni won the Bulgarian Superleague, but they will only register if the new sports hall in Dupnitsa is built before the season starts. Otherwise they regularly get fined by CEV as they cannot sell enough tickets in Samokov where they have hosted games in the last 2-3 seasons. I guess it is almost sure as well that Knack Roeselare and Volley behappy2 Asse-Lennik will represent Belgium. LOTOS Trefl Gdansk should also participate, they are in the final playoffs and won the Polish Cup. I am not 100% sure if Parmareggio Modena has a secured spot following the Cup win in January. In Romania, Tomis Constanta and Municipal Zalau fight in the final playoff, but there we have problems with sponsorship and I don't know if they will register squads for the Champions League.

PAOK is leading the final series in Greece 2-0 against Olympiacos, perhaps they will sponsor a European campaign if they win the title.

You can fill the others. The places are granted in a different way across different federations.

• I can see only two reasons why the bronze medalist Dinamo Moscow may not get the third CL spot:

1. The invisible God of Russian Superliga and grandfather of Dinamo, the four-star cogniac general N.P.P. switches to playing badminton or

2. Dinamo Krasnodar performs yet another act of cash-induced schizophrenia and buy this spot for their star-studded female team.

• Polish league has 2 teams not 3 like before for now because we had 2 teams in final four in this year and it's like punishment, really stupid. Anyway, I saw interview with president of Skra and he said after getting bronze in Plusliga in this season paper with wild card for CL awaits on table. So there is no point to worry.

• I can see only two reasons why the bronze medalist Dinamo Moscow may not get the third CL spot:

1. The invisible God of Russian Superliga and grandfather of Dinamo, the four-star cogniac general N.P.P. switches to playing badminton or

2. Dinamo Krasnodar performs yet another act of cash-induced schizophrenia and buy this spot for their star-studded female team.

:lol: Dude, as I said, I wasn't sure how the vacancies are distributed in each country. I thought Lokomotiv Novosibirsk as a Cup finalist might have a similar right. I guess they don't ;) So Dinamo Moscow it is! Also, one of the most certain Wild Cards should be Skra's, I have no doubts Poland will get another CL spot. Now comes the decision CEV have to make whether to grant the allegedly last WC to Noliko, a long-time tournament participant, or to some new country/team, for instance Spain, a regular participant as well. Or maybe we will witness withdrawals, more WCs, who knows.

• :lol: Dude, as I said, I wasn't sure how the vacancies are distributed in each country. I thought Lokomotiv Novosibirsk as a Cup finalist might have a similar right. I guess they don't ;) So Dinamo Moscow it is! Also, one of the most certain Wild Cards should be Skra's, I have no doubts Poland will get another CL spot. Now comes the decision CEV have to make whether to grant the allegedly last WC to Noliko, a long-time tournament participant, or to some new country/team, for instance Spain, a regular participant as well. Or maybe we will witness withdrawals, more WCs, who knows.

If I were the CEV demiurge/dictator I would have given a WC to the champion of... Iran. Unusual but not illogical.

• Modena after winning the Italian Cup in January had a secured spot in CEV cup. But tonight, winning against Latina and reaching the final, they achieved a place for CL! The third spot is between Perugia and Treia: if Perugia reaches the final, they'll go, if they lose they are in CEV cup and Treia in CL... we'll see on Friday!

• Italians in CL next year: Trento, Modena, Treia

Per un pir, un pam un persec per na brogna e na rumleina, nuetr'a sam d'la Ghirlandeina nuetr'a sam da rispeter

• Why Treia have a Spot?

• ^ They finished third in the regular season and no team below them reached the final in order to claim a spot. Superlega regulations I guess.

• ^ They finished third in the regular season and no team below them reached the final in order to claim a spot. Superlega regulations I guess.

correct

• The Bulgarian Marek Union-Ivkoni is almost sure to play in the 2016 Champions League as the sports hall in Dupnitsa will have been renovated and expanded before the tournament starts.