You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Inside VolleyCountry. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

YavorD

Setter

• "YavorD" is male
  • "YavorD" started this thread

Favourite Team: Bulgarian NT, Neftochimik Burgas, Belogorie Belgorod, Sisley Treviso

Thursday, April 9th 2015, 2:15pm

2016 CEV DenizBank Champions League

Country quotas prior to the club season's end:

3 - Russia, Italy
2 - Poland, Turkey, Belgium, France, Germany, Romania
1 - Greece, Czech Republic, Austria, Slovenia, Serbia, Bulgaria, Switzerland, Montenegro

26 quotas in total plus 2 expected Wild Cards for a total of 28 teams. One of the WCs should probably be granted to Poland. Romania will have 2 teams, whereas Switzerland won't rely on invitation this time.

Thursday, April 9th 2015, 3:48pm

why Poland not with 3 teams yet?

they have already had a team in any european cup all the time but still with 2 teams in CL ?

btw..is Polish league stronger than Italian ?
meso mi ra se beno...

YavorD

Setter

• "YavorD" is male

Favourite Team: Bulgarian NT, Neftochimik Burgas, Belogorie Belgorod, Sisley Treviso

Thursday, April 9th 2015, 4:34pm

they have already had a team in any european cup all the time but still with 2 teams in CL ?

I think yes, the Polish League is stronger than the Italian these days. According to the official CEV document, the rankings are based on 3 successive seasons, but the season preceding the season which teams are registering for is not taken into account. This means that for the 2015-2016 ranking, on which the Champions League and all other CEV Cups' participants are based now, seasons 2013-2014, 2012-2013 and 2011-2012 are valid. Back then Italian teams, such as Trentino and Piacenza, could still win trophies. Now Polish teams have more wins, probably Turkish teams as well, and this should be reflected in the next two ranking updates.

Thursday, April 9th 2015, 7:24pm

I think yes, the Polish League is stronger than the Italian these days. According to the official CEV document, the rankings are based on 3 successive seasons, but the season preceding the season which teams are registering for is not taken into account. This means that for the 2015-2016 ranking, on which the Champions League and all other CEV Cups' participants are based now, seasons 2013-2014, 2012-2013 and 2011-2012 are valid. Back then Italian teams, such as Trentino and Piacenza, could still win trophies. Now Polish teams have more wins, probably Turkish teams as well, and this should be reflected in the next two ranking updates.

I think yes, the Polish League is stronger than the Italian these days. According to the official CEV document, the rankings are based on 3 successive seasons, but the season preceding the season which teams are registering for is not taken into account. This means that for the 2015-2016 ranking, on which the Champions League and all other CEV Cups' participants are based now, seasons 2013-2014, 2012-2013 and 2011-2012 are valid. Back then Italian teams, such as Trentino and Piacenza, could still win trophies. Now Polish teams have more wins, probably Turkish teams as well, and this should be reflected in the next two ranking updates
thx..
meso mi ra se beno...

Mamdani

Professional

• "Mamdani" is male

Favourite Team: Azimut Modena Volley, Liu Jo Nordmeccanica Modena, Italy NT (M/F)

Favourite Players: Vullo - Cuminetti - Van de Goor - Giani - Bracci - Cantagalli (Modena 96/97 to sum up, the best team ever existed )

Thursday, April 9th 2015, 9:20pm

I agree about polish league, which deserves 3 teams, but not about the turkish one.
Per un pir, un pam un persec per na brogna e na rumleina, nuetr'a sam d'la Ghirlandeina nuetr'a sam da rispeter

YavorD

Setter

• "YavorD" is male

Monday, April 27th 2015, 3:32pm

Let's see what we know already. Sure participants are:

Poland: Asseco Resovia Rzeszow
Russia: Belogorie Belgorod, Zenit Kazan
Italy: Energy T.I. Diatec Trentino
Germany: VfB Friedrichshafen, Berlin Recycling Volleys
Turkey: Arkas Izmir
Austria: Hypo Tirol Innsbruck
Slovenia: ACH Volley Ljubljana

Dukla Liberec won the title in the Czech Rep., I guess they won't refuse a CL participation. Marek Union-Ivkoni won the Bulgarian Superleague, but they will only register if the new sports hall in Dupnitsa is built before the season starts. Otherwise they regularly get fined by CEV as they cannot sell enough tickets in Samokov where they have hosted games in the last 2-3 seasons. I guess it is almost sure as well that Knack Roeselare and Volley behappy2 Asse-Lennik will represent Belgium. LOTOS Trefl Gdansk should also participate, they are in the final playoffs and won the Polish Cup. I am not 100% sure if Parmareggio Modena has a secured spot following the Cup win in January. In Romania, Tomis Constanta and Municipal Zalau fight in the final playoff, but there we have problems with sponsorship and I don't know if they will register squads for the Champions League.

PAOK is leading the final series in Greece 2-0 against Olympiacos, perhaps they will sponsor a European campaign if they win the title.

You can fill the others. The places are granted in a different way across different federations.

Bartek

Jesus I Trust In You

• "Bartek" is male

Favourite Team: Уралочка НТМК Екатеринбург

Monday, April 27th 2015, 3:58pm

LOTOS Trefl Gdańsk for sure will play in CL.
Prediction Game:

Gold Medals - 14

Silver Medals - 12

Bronze Medals - 9

Overall: 35

Details

Monday, April 27th 2015, 9:14pm

You can fill the others. The places are granted in a different way across different federations.
I can see only two reasons why the bronze medalist Dinamo Moscow may not get the third CL spot:

1. The invisible God of Russian Superliga and grandfather of Dinamo, the four-star cogniac general N.P.P. switches to playing badminton or

2. Dinamo Krasnodar performs yet another act of cash-induced schizophrenia and buy this spot for their star-studded female team.

Monday, April 27th 2015, 9:30pm

Polish league has 2 teams not 3 like before for now because we had 2 teams in final four in this year and it's like punishment, really stupid. Anyway, I saw interview with president of Skra and he said after getting bronze in Plusliga in this season paper with wild card for CL awaits on table. So there is no point to worry.

YavorD

Setter

• "YavorD" is male

Tuesday, April 28th 2015, 3:05pm

I can see only two reasons why the bronze medalist Dinamo Moscow may not get the third CL spot:

1. The invisible God of Russian Superliga and grandfather of Dinamo, the four-star cogniac general N.P.P. switches to playing badminton or

2. Dinamo Krasnodar performs yet another act of cash-induced schizophrenia and buy this spot for their star-studded female team.

:lol: Dude, as I said, I wasn't sure how the vacancies are distributed in each country. I thought Lokomotiv Novosibirsk as a Cup finalist might have a similar right. I guess they don't ;) So Dinamo Moscow it is! Also, one of the most certain Wild Cards should be Skra's, I have no doubts Poland will get another CL spot. Now comes the decision CEV have to make whether to grant the allegedly last WC to Noliko, a long-time tournament participant, or to some new country/team, for instance Spain, a regular participant as well. Or maybe we will witness withdrawals, more WCs, who knows.

Tuesday, April 28th 2015, 5:47pm

:lol: Dude, as I said, I wasn't sure how the vacancies are distributed in each country. I thought Lokomotiv Novosibirsk as a Cup finalist might have a similar right. I guess they don't ;) So Dinamo Moscow it is! Also, one of the most certain Wild Cards should be Skra's, I have no doubts Poland will get another CL spot. Now comes the decision CEV have to make whether to grant the allegedly last WC to Noliko, a long-time tournament participant, or to some new country/team, for instance Spain, a regular participant as well. Or maybe we will witness withdrawals, more WCs, who knows.
If I were the CEV demiurge/dictator I would have given a WC to the champion of... Iran. Unusual but not illogical.

Favourite Team: Foppapedretti Bergamo Marmi Lanza Verona

Favourite Players: Lo Bianco Piccinini Cardullo Ortolani

Tuesday, April 28th 2015, 10:54pm

Modena after winning the Italian Cup in January had a secured spot in CEV cup. But tonight, winning against Latina and reaching the final, they achieved a place for CL! The third spot is between Perugia and Treia: if Perugia reaches the final, they'll go, if they lose they are in CEV cup and Treia in CL... we'll see on Friday!

Mamdani

Professional

• "Mamdani" is male

Favourite Team: Azimut Modena Volley, Liu Jo Nordmeccanica Modena, Italy NT (M/F)

Favourite Players: Vullo - Cuminetti - Van de Goor - Giani - Bracci - Cantagalli (Modena 96/97 to sum up, the best team ever existed )

Saturday, May 2nd 2015, 5:51pm

Italians in CL next year: Trento, Modena, Treia
Per un pir, un pam un persec per na brogna e na rumleina, nuetr'a sam d'la Ghirlandeina nuetr'a sam da rispeter

Gomes

Intermediate

• "Gomes" is male

Favourite Team: Rexona , MInas, Volero Zurich, Fenerbahce, Moscow, PGE SKRA Belchatow, Trentino

Favourite Players: Sheilla Castro, Fê Garay, Jaqueline Carvalho, Mari /Mariusz Wlazły, Facundo Conte, Tsvetan Sokolov, Dante, André Nascimento

Saturday, May 2nd 2015, 6:39pm

Why Treia have a Spot?

saishuu

Master

• "saishuu" is male

Favourite Team: BRA (M/F); Trentino, Minas Tênis Clube

Favourite Players: André Heller, Dante, Serginho, Giba, Murilo, Lucarelli, Kaziyski, Sokolov, N'Gapeth; Fê Garay, Sheilla, Fabi, Logan Tom, Kim Yeon-Koung, Kosheleva

Saturday, May 2nd 2015, 7:07pm

^ They finished third in the regular season and no team below them reached the final in order to claim a spot. Superlega regulations I guess.
Gold - European Championship 2013 (M) Prediction Game
Bronze - World Championship 2014 (W) Prediction Game

Mamdani

Professional

• "Mamdani" is male

Saturday, May 2nd 2015, 8:01pm

^ They finished third in the regular season and no team below them reached the final in order to claim a spot. Superlega regulations I guess.
correct

YavorD

Setter

• "YavorD" is male

Monday, May 4th 2015, 11:37am

Knack Roeselare in the 2016 Champions League as champions of Belgium.

Burak

Sage

• "Burak" is male

Favourite Team: Fenerbahçe, Germany NT, Dutch NT, Belgium NT, USA NT

Tuesday, May 5th 2015, 10:26am

Arkas Izmir and Halkbank Ankara from Turkey.
"Lo sbaglio più grande e quello di credere di aver vinto prima ancora di giocare la partita"

YavorD

Setter

• "YavorD" is male

Wednesday, May 6th 2015, 2:12pm

The Bulgarian Marek Union-Ivkoni is almost sure to play in the 2016 Champions League as the sports hall in Dupnitsa will have been renovated and expanded before the tournament starts.

• "Matt_Chemik" is male

Favourite Team: BKS Chemik Bydgoszcz, Legia Warszawa, Trentino Volley

Favourite Players: Too many to mention

Thursday, May 7th 2015, 12:22am

Skra Bełchatów ended Polish League's season on 3rd place.

Social bookmarks