2016 CEV DenizBank Champions League

• Petrić's absence is big blow for Lorenzetti, Nikić is far from his best days and other sub doesnt exist.

Nikic' numbers in attack and reception were better today than Ngapeth's. If someone needed to be subbed then probably Ngapeth. I followed live stats and until mid of third set, Nikic was even in the seventies in attack.
    Good services from Ankara and absence of Bruno/Lucas/Ngapeth magic killed Modena today. And of course the lack of a proper block/defence strategy.....

• I forgot to ask - where was Wlazly?

I am answering my own question. "The biggest star of PGE Skra and the captain of the Polish team, MVP of the 2014 FIVB World Championship suffered muscle problems on Wednesday and could only watch his teammates from the bench." by CEV.

• I've been expecting fireworks in Ankara but in the end SKRA trashed Turkish side in first two sets. Mainly due incredibly poor tactics by Ziraat's coach Benitez. I couldn't believe my eyes after seeing their starting lineup with Venno, Rauwerdink and Gungor :aww: After sitting on the bench for whole season Venno was a starter in the monst important match in Ziraat's history :aww: Logical, Estonian is not in the best shape. Also Rauwerdink had tragic stats in same period. But what was even more surprising Benitez didn't react at all or his reactions was too late and they were torn apart. Captain Koc was furious, it was visible on his face, even once he suggested Benitez to call TO :aww: If I'm in charge in Ziraat Benitez would be sacked immeditely after this match. His failures in the most important match are hillarious, even amateur wouldn't do that.

SKRA just took what Benitez offered :whistle:

• I've been expecting fireworks in Ankara but in the end SKRA trashed Turkish side in first two sets. Mainly due incredibly poor tactics by Ziraat's coach Benitez. I couldn't believe my eyes after seeing their starting lineup with Venno, Rauwerdink and Gungor :aww: After sitting on the bench for whole season Venno was a starter in the monst important match in Ziraat's history :aww: Logical, Estonian is not in the best shape. Also Rauwerdink had tragic stats in same period. But what was even more surprising Benitez didn't react at all or his reactions was too late and they were torn apart. Captain Koc was furious, it was visible on his face, even once he suggested Benitez to call TO :aww: If I'm in charge in Ziraat Benitez would be sacked immeditely after this match. His failures in the most important match are hillarious, even amateur wouldn't do that.

SKRA just took what Benitez offered :whistle:

I still don't know why Leonardo Leyva didn't play if he had been registered in time. But I guess he couldn't have made such a difference alone.

• I thought that Alex and Nilson will be in the start line up, but the Turkish OH young was really good!

• Ziraat's starting line-up was tragic. :what:
    Arkas already won the fourth set. Huge referee mistake ! They gave Lube the set Arkas had already won :down:

Home refereeing bears no contradiction to the official's etiquette :). Do agree things would have looked much more serious had this been the third not the fourth set.

• For about 10 minutes I have been looking for the proper word to describe the match in Modena so far - it would be phlegmatic. Only once before had I seen so many service mistakes in a set (ECH final in 2001, Yugoslavia - Italy). Never before had I seen so many attacks sent wide. And some of them worryingly wide. I would need some serious performance from this vague Modena to find something positive in this return leg of the Round 12. This is maybe the least interesting playoffs phase I remember since I started watching volleyball. There hasn't been a decent match this week, too many bad performances and bench players, and we might struggle to find a whole interesting match from the first legs 2 weeks ago.

I hope what's to come in this year's tournament from now on will make up for this round.

• Fully agree Yavor, so far quite modest match... As Anastasi admitted after yesterday's match quality difference between Zenit and Trefl is huge. We are talking about 1st team in Russia and 2nd or 3rd in Poland. OK, Tours won in Belgorod but Khamuttskikh fielded reserves after 3rd set. Same like Falasca in Ankara. Quality of matches are low, way under CL level we used to see in the past. Leon said clashes vs Trefl have been first relatively serious matches in CL. Zenit won both easily.

• Disgusting commentary on Laola tv stream .Even Modena fans are more objective than this commentator .

It's not bad, it's just completely biased. But it's fun to listen: the chap identifies only Travica, Le Roux and Sokolov from Halkbank correctly. The rest are being given random names. The Turkish opp is called "Batur" when he hits from two. As he is serving, he is "Kubiak" :) The Ref holds on, which is very good. It's becoming better and better now.