2016 CEV DenizBank Champions League

• Fully agree Yavor, so far quite modest match... As Anastasi admitted after yesterday's match quality difference between Zenit and Trefl is huge. We are talking about 1st team in Russia and 2nd or 3rd in Poland. OK, Tours won in Belgorod but Khamuttskikh fielded reserves after 3rd set. Same like Falasca in Ankara.

Interestingly enough, these reserves proved to be quite scarce. Belgorod appeared to have a bunch of pensioners on their bench. The most amusing of them was Taras Khtei (10% in attack, 250 cm vertical jump) who has recently declared an intent to - guess what - go to Olympics as a part of the NT.

Quality of matches are low, way under CL level we used to see in the past.

Blame Vova Putin for issuing wild cards to various comedians :). Joking. The reason for this boredom is the presence of the teams like (a) Dupnitsa and Budva (schoolchildren and toddlers) alongside the teams like (b) Zenit, Halkbank, Macerata, Skra (companies of mercenaries).

Leon said clashes vs Trefl have been first relatively serious matches in CL. Zenit won both easily.

Gdansk could have done much better had they had a single good MB in the squad. Otherwise, they were "ticking all the right boxes" like float service into Leon's zone etc. Yes, another bizarre was that Gdansk was weak at... receiving the float from Zenit's MBs.

• Bruno Rezende did some amazing sets, especially in the (1st or 2nd set) when he set the ball overhead from the outside/middle of the court to Lucas in the middle, it was really amazing.

• I bet Ngapeth is discussing his % of positive reception?

Looks like Ngapeth is in trouble and I bet he will ruin his own career soon with this attitude. Fortunately history doesnt keep record of players with such attitude and instead highlights the ones that behave professional while being best of the world.

• If we talk about the general quality of this year CL i would say "what you reap is what you sow".

It is the second year in row players arrive to the clubs from NTs and start playing without a serious preparation for club season. Especially in Italy, Poland and Russia, there are competitive matches weekend/midweek almost through the whole season. You don't have preparation, you don't have time for training and as a result we have these kind of matches. That seems quite logical to me.

Of course, CL is too big as well and surely there are too many "weak" teams but i think the main problem is the latter.

• Looks like Ngapeth is in trouble and I bet he will ruin his own career soon with this attitude. Fortunately history doesnt keep record of players with such attitude and instead highlights the ones that behave professional while being best of the world.

Clear version. :down:

Loser!

If you guys seriously think that tapping a statistician on his cheek can ruin Ngapeth's career, then I have to tell you it's not him who is in trouble :).
    The off-court activity is a big issue there. The true problem are those conflicts, fights, drink(?)-driving not saying about leaving the club without notice - those things can indeed hit Ngapeth one day. Otherwise, he's a professional entertainer and he does his job well when at the pitch.

• If you guys seriously think that tapping a statistician on his cheek can ruin Ngapeth's career, then I have to tell you it's not him who is in trouble :).
    The off-court activity is a big issue there. The true problem are those conflicts, fights, drink(?)-driving not saying about leaving the club without notice - those things can indeed hit Ngapeth one day. Otherwise, he's a professional entertainer and he does his job well when at the pitch.

I didn't reduce it to this event, what I meant was, if he keeps his attitude like this, he won't be remember by anyone in close future.

• It is said that Matey Kaziyski will not play for Trentino in the Champions League. Does anyone know the exact rules for registering a player? Is it only allowed after the Main round and prior to the Playoffs 12, the same way as in the UEFA Champions League? Even if so, Ziraatbank successfully registered Leonardo Leyva and it seemed they did so just before and only for the second match in Ankara.

• So the results;
    I was so wrong on Zenit-Lotos . Zenit will easily beat Skra and secure its place in the final-four.
    I wonder if Kaziyski is available for CL . If so , just book Trentino's spot in the final-four.
    My Halkbank played above expectations. For me they are the favourite against Lube. So the great (!) Juantorena has left boring (!) Halkbank where he was treated as superstar to play sidekick to Cebulj :lol: :lol: Now that is a tradegy. :!: I'm hopeful both Sokolov and Kubiak will continue to show great performances and Travica will be so motivated against his former team.
    Let's go Halkbank .Let's go Bernardi !

• So the results;
    I was so wrong on Zenit-Lotos . Zenit will easily beat Skra and secure its place in the final-four.
    I wonder if Kaziyski is available for CL . If so , just book Trentino's spot in the final-four.
    My Halkbank played above expectations. For me they are the favourite against Lube. So the great (!) Juantorena has left boring (!) Halkbank where he was treated as superstar to play sidekick to Cebulj :lol: :lol: Now that is a tradegy. :!: I'm hopeful both Sokolov and Kubiak will continue to show great performances and Travica will be so motivated against his former team.
    Let's go Halkbank .Let's go Bernardi !

Even if Kaziyski were allowed to play, I woudn't be so sure about Trentino's chances to go to Krakow. As I already wrote above, I don't know what the regulations are preventing him from taking part in the Playoffs 6, so he is most probably out. Even with him, however, Trentino are having squad issues. Djuric and Lanza are missing, Urnaut is still struggling to find his game and their overall game doesn't look super impressive. They were even beaten by Mofeltta at the weekend. On the other side, Belogorie are enjoying a great run of successive victories in the Russian league and weren't seriously challenged by Tours in the Champions League. Let's ignore the last two sets in the return leg in Belgorod. Ivovic has found his rhythm, Muserskiy doesn't look like the only scorer anymore, the team has improved and has moved to the much coveted second position in the league. I would consider them favourites even in the presence of Kaziyski. Now that he may not play, Trentino will have a mountain to climb.