2016 CEV DenizBank Champions League

• Mariusz is out today... no service no attack... The libero just awful as always.

• imo he has been in this match the big difference, Mariusz has been doing a lot of mistakes and not showing nothing especial... Facundo and Marechal are doing a good job

Maxim style

• Zenit is playing 30-40% better than in first two sets in Kazan. When is like that no one can beat them.

But one thing bothers me. Zenit has player less, Gutsalyuk is really poor tonight and I don't understand how Falasca doesn't see that :whistle:

• Leon is definitely the best player in the world and the best to appear in Europe for decades or maybe ever...

:aww:
    I swear in this forum I read a "OMG X PLAYER IS THE BEST EVAH" post every day and it's always a different player...

• Leal it's a good player either.

• with such young opps in poland... this Gromadowski it's a big mess....

• OMG Gromadowski i didnt see this guy doing nothing in five, six opportunities

• I dont think that Zenit was marvelous today.. they played very good , better in fact that in the firs leg... but without Opp and Libero its just too dificult for every team to play in this level...

Screcko, Facundo and Marechal :!: :white: were good

so now Zenit goes to get the polish trophy against Asseco... Lotos, PGE

• I knew SKRA's win in Kazan was a total fluke. I've read interview with Lisinac and he admitted they couldn't believe they've won. Also added he never played against such team in his career... Enough said.

There is big, big difference between Zenit and SKRA. Russians are much more offensive and direct team, physically stronger and can "cover" player like Gutsalyuk or Demakov in starting lineup. SKRA is good team, without any doubt, but building tactics around Conte, Wlazly and Lisinac without deeper bench is a nonsense. Klos was invisible today, Piechocki and Milczarek doesn't posses quality for this level, especially Milczarek coz Piechocki is too young. Gromadowski is fading player

For me MVP was Ashchev :obey: brilliant match by him. OK, he had only one killing block but a lot of defensive blocks which were picked up by back row. He did a lot of "invisible" work, after several balls to him SKRA's MB had to wait much longer in the middle and he opened space for Maxim, Leon and Anderson. Credits for that also going to Alekno who figured out what lacked them in 1st match. Also Butko's setting was much faster when Lisinac was in front row unlike little bit slower, but more precise, rythm when Klos was in front row. Gultsalyuk weaknesses were tactically hidden with deeper defense.

Everything is possible in one match but Resovia can't challenge them despite hosting FF and Macerata/Trentino won't cope with Russian offensive power.

• Let's not give away the title to Zenit yet. Lube have their own powers in attack, whereas Stoychev (if he gets the chance) might come up with something against Alekno. And I am totally not excluding Resovia who might get boosted by the crowd. All in all, a good serving team, e.g. Halkbank, is theoretically already a step closer to making Zenit sweat. A good run from the service line might break Zenit's confidence, although they are still the N1 favourite, of course.

I still haven't watched the first match in Kazan to know what happened exactly, but based on what I saw tonight and how the first match suddenly took another course, I am also heading in the direction that Skra really performed well when Zenit (Leon) might've been caught sleeping. We know Alekno hardly loses twice against the same opponent, the scenario had been more or less expected even if I expected more from Skra. True, I totally concur, it is hard to be competitive in the domestic league, the Cup, and the Champions League without a good bench. Modena would confirm that immediately. And yet I believe Skra could've put some more effort. I was surprised when they won the Polish Cup beating a very solid ZAKSA, they are in contention for the second place in the league and, luckily or not, grabbed a perfect first-leg win against Zenit. But the return leg in Lodz tonight and previously the group match at home against Lube revealed the limited potential of Skra. Let's be honest, they have Conte and Wlazly and you just HAVE to rotate your strategy around these players. Conte has seldom disappointed, but Wlazly is a legend whose last peak might've been the WCH in 2014. You need either more options to attack the Final Four or a better coach than Falasca. So I agree with most of Kaziyski's points regarding the Poles.

About Zenit. I don't know if it is entirely Alekno's idea or not, but I see a slight improvement in the usage of MBs since Butko arrived. He knows both Ashchev and Gutsalyuk well and it surely helps. True, Ashchev got 9(!) sets in a 3-set match which had barely been the case throughout the season (or two). But an MVP is a bit too much to me. They can cover their weaknesses because with Leon, Mikhaylov, and Anderson in the line-up you only need two of them to shine and to forget about the rest. Albeit spectacular, this is a squad I can't feel for because to me they are not a team in the true meaning of the word. Let's see if exhaustion (obviously due to travelling), a master tactician, bad day, or a walk down the hill will put an end to their physical supremacy (and when).

By the way, anyone with tickets for Krakow? I bought mine, I am looking forward to watching the finals live.

• I see Zenit as clear-cut favs in Krakow for several reasons.

Lube didn't impress me at all with their offensive power. So far it was "give a ball to Juantorena" and play. Miljković can't make difference on this level due his advancing years. Čebulj is still too "green", very shaky on reception. The biggest streght of Lube is their experience.

I'm expecting Trentino to be full in Krakow with Đurić and Lanza on 100%. Although Nelli was brilliant vs Belgorod I still consider Đurić as a key player fo them. And Stoychev's experience over Blengini could be cruical in this clash :whistle:

Resovia wouldn't reach FF if they werent hosts. I would put my life on this. They're having a lot of problems in Plus liga against much weaker teams and I'm wondering how they can challenge mighty Zenit? With what Kowal might surprise Alekno? SKRA is better team and we saw how they ended...

Falasca didn't use poor Gutsalyuk yday, that was a slight chance for SKRA. He sent both Conte and Wlazly on Anderson-Ashchev-Mikhaylov blocking line instead adjusting tactics to Leon-Gutsalyuk-Butko line.

I read Conte was furious about defeat and blamed 2 attackers for such result. Very unprofessional and disrupting from him :aww: maybe he sealed his future status in SKRA with this statement.

Maybe I overreacted with MVP award for Ashchev but IMO he was key player.

• Bad speech for Facundo Conte...

Mariusz is a Legend and a Polish Player. Facundo talk about two hitters... Mariusz and Klos :!: :?: .... Gromadolwski?

Because Marechal did a good job so far IMO I expected much less from him.

PGE has a limted hoster and no one single good Libero...

I think that Asseco has a better team than SKRA Belchatow more options in OH position (not all good)

Asseco will be dependent of Kurek perormance and Kurek's sub its way better than Gromadolwski

• Can Home Team win CL Gold Medal as in Women's Final 4?

Actual Ranking of All Time Winners:

1. CSKA Moscow 13
    2. Modena 4
    3. Sisley 4