2016 CEV DenizBank Champions League

• In my opinion Resovia is the weakest team, but if Casalmaggiore won, of course the Polish guys can do it as well. Moreover, if Lanza and Djuric will be in good shape, Trentino can defeat Lube

Per un pir, un pam un persec per na brogna e na rumleina, nuetr'a sam d'la Ghirlandeina nuetr'a sam da rispeter

• IMHO Lube is the team to beat. They can play without any foreign limitation. It means Christenson, Priddy, Stankovic, Podrascanin e Grebennikov all together for sure. Zenit Kazan on the paper is impressive, but only on the wings with MM, Mr Anderson and Leon, the other position aren't so good. Sovia has so many players they only have to choice the right ones.

• Zenit Kazan on the paper is impressive.....

Not only on paper, their results in the last two seasons speak for themselve. But Skra has shown, that in a single match a lot of things can happen.

I only hope that Zenit will arrive with all available players. Latest incidents are raising concerns.....

• Not only on paper, their results in the last two seasons speak for themselve. But Skra has shown, that in a single match a lot of things can happen.

I only hope that Zenit will arrive with all available players. Latest incidents are raising concerns.....

?( ?(

Zenit will come with the best possible team. Melodonium case doesnt apply on them.

• IMHO Lube is the team to beat. They can play without any foreign limitation. It means Christenson, Priddy, Stankovic, Podrascanin e Grebennikov all together for sure. Zenit Kazan on the paper is impressive, but only on the wings with MM, Mr Anderson and Leon, the other position aren't so good. Sovia has so many players they only have to choice the right ones.

Butko, Ashchev aren't good? Good to know :rolll:

• Not only on paper, their results in the last two seasons speak for themselve. But Skra has shown, that in a single match a lot of things can happen.

Lots of mystery still. E.g. if one thinks that Dinamo Kazan was hiding the NT candidates from potential meldonium disqual doping screening, why would Ugra exclude the non-candidates then (Kabeshov, Brdjovic, Apalikov)? If these are just meldonium traces in several (not all) players, what's the chance that the main setter-main opp would be affected in both teams? I'm OK with opps - the biggest people - but setters? If we assume that Ugra and Kazan were asked not to employ the main diagonal in the cup finals, we'll immediately get into a hardcore conspiracy theory. But then every official, including the CEV president, were kind of OK (= kind of aware?) with it. The difference for Zenit is that their second-choice diagonal (Poletaev-Kobzar) can play very good volleyball, especially Poletaev.

IMHO Lube is the team to beat. They can play without any foreign limitation. It means Christenson, Priddy, Stankovic, Podrascanin e Grebennikov all together for sure. Zenit Kazan on the paper is impressive, but only on the wings with MM, Mr Anderson and Leon, the other position aren't so good. Sovia has so many players they only have to choice the right ones.

Forgot the setter and the libero(s). Butko is very able and Verbov/Salparov can rock (when they want to). The MBs are far less impressive indeed although e.g. Ashev has always been known for being more efficient than impressive.

• Today is the day :P
    Kazan-Resovia;
    Resovia needs an exceptional performance from Kurek. After Butko's addition, it becomes nearly impossible to eliminate Kazan.
    Prediction: 3-1 Kazan

Trento-Civitanova;
    Unlike Blengini, Stoytchev knows his teams strengths. Service and block will be so crucial for Trento. It is obvious Trento will target Juantorena whole match .Lube must start with Priddy or Parodi in order to protect Juantorena but knowing Blengini , he will start with Cebulj. He will lose the first set and give Trentino necessary confidence then will enter Priddy. Look at the starting 6s; Christenson-Miljkovic, Juantorena-Cebulj, Stankovic-Podrascanin, Grebennikov against Giannelli- Djuric(injured), Urnaut-Lanza(injured), Sole-Van De Voorde, Colaci . It is incomparable but the greatest mismatch in this match is coaching.
    Prediction: Because Stoychev>>>>>>>>>>>>Blengini, Trento>Lube. I think finalist will be Trentino

• a lot of mistakes by Leon. He has problems with float servers

• As I expected both teams are stronger while serving. Sovia managed to keep Leon quite. They're blocking him very well. Time to involve the MBs for Drzyzga.

He tried i n first set but they are not showing confidence to Fabian sets more balls.

• Why is Penchev not on court?

He is sit on the bench. I think he is not more longer a starter this season i guess.

• Kurek doing zenit's job

• Strings of error for Kurek :(