2016 CEV DenizBank Champions League

• Micah Cristenson only see Cebuly :lol: :lol: :lol:

• If I were Civitanova's President or GM, I would fire Blengini before the end of the 3rd set. And hire Lorenzetti for next season.

• Modena was a completely mess against Halkbank

I am really starting to believe that Modena will reach all competitions in Italy this season, but in CL they were a disappointment indeed.

So Lube without any trophy this season.. even no one final..

the Serbian MB duo for me its not a huge thing, some MB like Holt and a Italian like Cester can do great.

Fei was good for a player who was not playing too much.

Micah was the worst so far.. Jenia was not bad, but he was far from Jenia's Performance levels who brought him to Civitanova i guess.

ps: please some Italian players and a Itaian club.. even Turkey (who has minus NT material) has some local players on court in CL matches.

• Congratulations to Trentino. They totally outplayed Lube.
    If they can keep their reception and block-defence on that level, then we will see a very exciting final.

• Maybe as the head coach Italian NT, Mr. Blengini is trying to destroy confidence of his rivals most important players (Grebennikov and Christenson).I don't know if he is doing it intentionally but luckily for Italy , he has done a marvelous job on this issue.

• I think one of the reasons of Lube's collapse is tiredness. Starting six is mentally and physically very tired. Because Mr Blengini is so opposed to using his bench whole season ,some of the players didn't catch any breath.
    Christenson is just shadow of himself. Not only his setting is disastrous but also his block and once amazing serving. He is psychologically so out right now. Playing with him only will hurt him and the whole team.
    Grebennikov is constantly outplayed by opposing liberos in recent matches. He is a young player and the team atmosphere effects him the most.
    Miljkovic is supposed to be in there for this matches. But despite his age, Mr. Blengini has overused him so much that now he is physically finished.
    Juantorena is physically unrecognizable. He has at least 10+ kg extra weight from the previous seasons. More screaming doesn't mean he desires more. I don't think he concentrates on matches like the way in Trentino days. And only physical change can't explain downhill of his career. If he continues this way, Italy musn't expect much from him in the Olympics.
    None use of Parodi is scandalous
    Not starting with Priddy after Halkbank series is scandalous. You can't expect miracles everytime he enters. He like other players needs rhythm.

Lube is playing well below their potentional. If you look at them individually , you expect them to destroy opposing team with their service but in reality even Juantorena has lost all his service effectiveness. Also they are a poor blocking team, usually wrong at block positioning.I have never followed a Blengini team prior to this year, but considering his work for Lube so far, I assume this is one of his weakness. In contrast they got blocked above 19 times in 4 matches this season (Micah??)
    Although I believe Miljkovic is the best OPP ever, right now he is 36 years old and isn't enough to carry scoring load of a top team. It is a very risky choise .Juantorena has been the leading scorer of the team in all matches except Piacenza and Milano. Considering he is the main target of opponent's service, they have put too much burden on him.

It was from December :rolleyes: