2016 CEV DenizBank Champions League

• Instead of watching the second set right now we had to wait until the very end and witness all the drama. I don't know if it is Blengini (I doubt that) or Christenson (more likely) to blame, but the strategy to start the match setting only to Juantorena and then to completely forget about him until 29-28 is simply suicidal. Later he distributed balls much better among his attackers but trusted Miljkovic several times when he shouldn't have and allowed Skra to come back and even to level the score for the first time tonight at 24-24. This type of mistakes shouldn't happen on such a high level, the set should've been way over after 13-20. Luckily, Lube have a great squad and many options to turn things around. Also, Miljkovic is clearly not 30 anymore, the guy should not be overused.

• Lube's setters completely destroyed Juantorena's perfect night. First they ignored him for very long durations despite hitting with 70-80% efficiency then set some ridiculous balls in difficult situations. Also referees made two big mistakes in favor of Skra.

• Maybe Sabbi remains in Lube... Fei it's not good enough.

Yes,I am ;)
    Very poor performance from Miljkovic in the first set.

• the first mistake it's a Kind difficult to the Referee, but the touch was even more worse, an huge mistake.. was almost in a row?

• At the end I quite liked the match, I think Lube has been superior, at least in attack and in making less mistakes. Both teams blocked well, maybe for Christenson's faults on one side, but not that much sincerely..Imean soetimes the players were just hitting the ball hard intothe block, not adjusting the set! congrats toLube, three important points for them!

• Oh, God! Belchatow blocked Lube 20 times, but Lube still won the game, taking 3 points home! :white:

And Miljkovic had a so so game. Lube scares this season. Isn't it the main contender to Zenit Kazan for the CL title?

• So, it seems like the new CEV members are discussing a change in the Champions League format. The innovation, if approved, should be the introduction of qualifying rounds. I am totally voting for the idea. It would be even better if they reduce the number of participants to 20 or 24 maximum, but we'll see how these suggestions would be looked over by CEV.

• I would be fine if they do it, but they have to delete the Challenge Cup as well and relegate the losers from CL Q to CEV Cup. 32 team in 8 groups, so no more groups of death, like pool B from this season.
    It should look like soccer UEFA competitions.

• I would be fine if they do it, but they have to delete the Challenge Cup as well and relegate the losers from CL Q to CEV Cup. 32 team in 8 groups, so no more groups of death, like pool B from this season.
    It should look like soccer UEFA competitions.

Why get rid of the Challenge Cup? And why 32 teams? This is not applicable to volleyball yet, there are not so many good teams and mostly leagues across the continent to make a 32-team competition. Actually, to increase the level, they should even reduce the Champions League to 20 or to maximum 24, just like I wrote. My opinion. But not only mine, similar voices are heard here when they announce the participants every year.

One question to Italian users because no one commented on last night's match in Modena. How did Italians and journalists react to Ngapeth's return? Because my opinion is quite straightforward in this case - shame on DHL! There are far more important things than a cocky player or a win at the Champions League. A two-week punishment, the drama is over, no more info about him and it seems like he will get away with it. But maybe I lack information, so any comment or news from your side is welcome.

By the way, in Bulgarian media there are rumours about possible solutions to the problems in Rzeszow. Resovia already announced the return of Russell Holmes due to the recovery issues of Nowakowski, but they haven't decided on a substitution for Schoeps, have they? It is claimed that Giulio Sabbi and Boyan Yordanov are two options because they are high-level players after all, regardless of current shape, and are free agents right now.

• Russian teams want to play in neutral place, Turkish side is understandable strongly opposed to it. President of Turkish federation is also the vice president of CEV.
    My guess is in the end, CEV will decide to play this matches in Turkey and Russian federation will force them to forfeit this round.

• Hahaha Spot on :P
    It is official, Russian clubs will forfeit the matches in Turkey
    http://rsport.ru/volleyball/20151127/882101137.html

This is a statement of the facts - we can not go to Turkey, these games will not take place

"From our side we offer several scenarios, but to play in Turkey, we can not. We are ready to ensure that our clubs will forfeit, but if you will offer other options - transfer to a neutral field, change fields - we are ready to consider. We are talking about the next two matches, "Dinamo" and "Belogoriya" in the Champions League, "- said the secretary of russian federation

• Why? Everything because of that russian plane?

What problem have russian Clubs because of that?

• Why? Everything because of that russian plane?

Why? Everything because of that russian plane?

Is this a joke? Russian officials are thinking of the safety of their players and since there is tension between two countries, playing in Turkey is not a good idea because everybody knows how rude Turkish fans are especially to countries that do not share the same beliefs as them. The Israel women's basketball team was attacked by those callous fans throwing bottles to the court while the Israel national anthem was playing.