2016 CEV DenizBank Champions League

• Why? Everything because of that russian plane?

What problem have russian Clubs because of that?

There are two moments here. Firstly, sport is always very political. There are several powerful hawks behind Russian Volleyball Fed, which by the way explains how Russia manages to maintain a high profile in volleyball without any public interest. That is, the "No" order is non-negotiable here.

Secondly, the problem is not the plane per se. Accidents happen, it is normal. The issue is that the plane was taken down deliberately, and this requires a response. The "lite" version of that is making lots of fuss and cutting the public/business relationships. The "full" version is a military response. Now, the bizarre about Nato and the fifth article is that the only cost-effective military response is the one that does instant incapacitating damage to the Nato-member vis-a-vis. That is, if Russia instantly takes Turkey out of the equation, then we get something like "we're super-annoyed...but isn't it Erdogan's fault?" Do I need to tell you that this scenario assumes certain health risks for the people who would be unfortunate enough to visit say Istanbul on that historical day?

• Lol dreamers! Do you really think it is possible?
    Both Russian and Turkish authorities know there won't be any physical attack to players. It it because first; although I don't know the general assumption in Russia, there isn't any anti-Russian propaganda here in Turkey. Turkey isn't more unsafe than other European countries .Yes there is always terror threat but it is also true for Paris, London, Milano... Second nobody cares mens volleyball. It is highly possible only families of players and very few volleyball lovers are aware of this matches .There isn't any news about this subject on Turkish news sites.
    I also think Russian clubs wants to play this matches but federation is forcing them to forfeit. For me it is a propaganda to portrait Turkey as an unsafe, unstable place.
    Tomorrrow Halkbank ( volleyball team of biggest state bank of Turkey) will be in Russia to play against Kazan. Statements of Russian players and federation make them a target there.I hope they will care to protect them :whistle:

• Lol dreamers! Do you really think it is possible?

Whilst sitting in London, I can confidently tell you it is well impossible. However, had I been sitting in Istanbul, I would probably consider a safety trip to London. My ageing body is allergic to loud bangs, high temperatures and gamma-rays :).

No, so far things are well inside the "lite" scenario, which unfortunately assumes cutting public contacts and stirring up the local outrage. The diplomats have been very busy I guess. My forecast is that things will eventually come back to the status quo. The only exception would be perhaps certain enthusiasm towards Kurdish state in Moscow.

• Oh yeah X( In Istanbul everybody hold their breath and waiting for Russian atomic bomb :roll: lol It is strange to see some people are hoping for it happen (not saying you do) Considering the attitude of some Russian fans and their federation, first priority must be the safety of Halkbank team. Most likely and hopefully nothing will happen but I guess there are fanatics in there waiting to hurt Turkish team.

• Lorenzo Bernardi;

Grande dimostrazione di saper gestire le cose come dovrebbero kazan/ halkbank si giocherà regolarmente mentre ziraat/ Mosca e arkas/ belogorad le hanno cancellate, pensavo che anche noi facciamo parte della Turchia e che kazan sia sotto la Russia ma forse mi sbaglio
    Great demonstration of how to handle things as they should be; Kazan-Halkbank match will be played regularly meanwhile Ziraat-Moskow, Arkas-Belgorod are cancelled. I thought we are part of Turkey and Kazan is part of Russia too. Maybe I'm wrong (sorry for the bad translation :P )

https://www.facebook.com/lorenzo.bernardi.37/?fref=nf
    Halkbank is in Kazan;

• :sos: :sos:
    I'm so angry and disappointed. Halkbank is a total mess.
    Travica and Ulaş can't set 3 good balls in a row.Kubiak can't receive or attack ,totally useless, unrecognizable in the court
    Emre and Resul can't even anticipate the direction of Kobzar's ( most unspectacular setter ) passes and there is Kooy , simple not enough for this level .Libero Hasan who supposed to be the best Turkish libero is a joke.
    And there is Bernardi whose team can't receive , can't attack, can't block ,can't serve. Now they don't have Juantorena to save them from rout.
    Embarrassing :!: :!:
    I'm convinced they have slim chance to qualify for next round.
    Sooner or later Bernardi will be sacked.

• Actually I don't understand why the hell Kubiak is so great in his National team, but in the clubs play so badly. We can say the same thing about many other Polish player....

Per un pir, un pam un persec per na brogna e na rumleina, nuetr'a sam d'la Ghirlandeina nuetr'a sam da rispeter

• Actually I don't understand why the hell Kubiak is so great in his National team, but in the clubs play so badly. We can say the same thing about many other Polish player....

Actually he plays bad just in Halkbank, till he was in JSW he has been playing amazing. :teach:

• Actually he plays bad just in Halkbank, till he was in JSW he has been playing amazing. :teach:

Yes you're right

Per un pir, un pam un persec per na brogna e na rumleina, nuetr'a sam d'la Ghirlandeina nuetr'a sam da rispeter

• Fromat with 28 teams shows really annoying to me. Can't remember when level in CL was this low, some matches were on Croatian league level :aww: It became totally uninteresting and predictable...

• Fromat with 28 teams shows really annoying to me. Can't remember when level in CL was this low, some matches were on Croatian league level It became totally uninteresting and predictable...

In female it's very low too.. I hope that CEV change that... expect only for play off's to have some good matches it's really boring... besides in the preliminary phase we have only.. perhaps 2 good matches in each pool.

• OK, this is embarrassing, isn't it? All games ended in three sets and the closest to drama we saw happened in Lugano where #Dragons beat Tomis. The fact that two of the matches between Turkish and Russian clubs didn't take place might've made the round less interesting and more predictable overall, but it doesn't justify the weak level in the group stage so far.

• Be sure that you can feel more confident than other countries. because nobody here cares about the men's volleyball,nobody doesnt know even the russian team like Belogorie, dinamo moscow. :whistle: :whistle: of course, it is not something to be proud of,I wish I had more interest in men's volleyball :rolleyes:

• I watched Rzeszów match a little, good to see Akhrem on court, MBs are the weakest point of the Team. WTF? (Where They From?)

Off topic- Stats say that Human has sex 92 times in a year.. that means that.. I will have very active December..

• Finally, some drama.....

Paris vs. dinamo is going to fifth set

http://www.laola1.tv/de-de/liv…dinamo-moscow/432584.html

But it was actually a postponed game from leg 2, so the third leg still remains drama-less :D Yes, it could be deemed as a very entertaining match which I will watch and as a surprise too, as a matter of fact. Paris had a disappointing start of the season, although not worse than Tours', so this win against Dinamo was unexpected.

• Italian media revealed that Cucine Lube Banca Marche Civitanova and the town of Pesaro with its Adriatic Arena will be the hosts of the Champions League Final Four on 16-17 April. No confirmation by CEV yet.

• Italian media revealed that Cucine Lube Banca Marche Civitanova and the town of Pesaro with its Adriatic Arena will be the hosts of the Champions League Final Four on 16-17 April. No confirmation by CEV yet.

That's stupid, how can Macerata hosts final4 if they aren't qualified? Bad italian journalism. For sure Macerata will be a candidate and they've already said it, but we are going to discover in february who will host the finals, not before