2016 CEV DenizBank Champions League

• Looking at the ranking of group A and B it seems, after Dinamo and Belgord not showed up in turkey, that the points went to the turkish clubs :|

It was expected that the Turkish clubs Arkas and Ziraatbank would receive 3-0 wins and 3 points when their opponents did not show up (let's avoid politics now). I don't see why this comes as a surprise to you. Still, Belogorie probably won't have problems advancing through, Dinamo maybe either. Although the latter will have to beat Friedrichshafen in Germany and then wait for the outcome of the game in Paris between the Frenchmen and Ziraatbank.

• It was expected that the Turkish clubs Arkas and Ziraatbank would receive 3-0 wins and 3 points when their opponents did not show up (let's avoid politics now). I don't see why this comes as a surprise to you. Still, Belogorie probably won't have problems advancing through, Dinamo maybe either. Although the latter will have to beat Friedrichshafen in Germany and then wait for the outcome of the game in Paris between the Frenchmen and Ziraatbank.

It doesn't come as a surprise to me. i just thought it would be worth mentioning here.......
    My :| mostly referred to the bad position Berlin is in now. They have to beat Arkas straight and take at least one point from Belgorod if they want to advance. Given the performances they showed so far, this doesn't seem very probable.

• http://www.worldofvolley.com/N…rom-champions-league.html

Tomis Constanța has withdrawn from further participating in present season of the CEV Champions League. They won't play their two last games against Resovia (away) and Asse-Lennik (home), because of club's difficult situation in last months (team's coach has resigned, some key players left the club too).

Again, we see that formula of the CEV Champions League has to be changed. I don't want to offend anyone from Bulgaria, Romania, Serbia, Montenegro or any other country, but I don't think there is a place for teams from leagues like that in the most important European club's competition. If you can afford it and you're strong enough - play in CL, if you're not well-organized and you're not as strong as Europe's elite - prove yourself in qualifactions. That's the only way, how it should work and I'm glad that Aleksandar Boričić want to do something with it.

• Worst Skra I've ever seen. Considering they were even thinking to forfeit this match, maybe it is understandable.
    Lube is playing better as a team lately but sharp decrease in Juantorena's performance is prominent now. His service seems to be affected by shoulder injury. I don't understand if Blengini is forcing him too much or if he is exaggerating his injury a bit. It is strange

• Whatever worried Muserskiy before OGQ, now he seems to be OK again. 24 points (5 Blocks) in 4 sets against Berlin :white: .
    Good effort by Berlin though. They had to play without injured Kromm and Zhukousky. Very bad timing. :mad:

• Whatever worried Muserskiy before OGQ, now he seems to be OK again. 24 points (5 Blocks) in 4 sets against Berlin :white: .
    Good effort by Berlin though. They had to play without injured Kromm and Zhukousky. Very bad timing. :mad:

in fact both Belogorie's MBs were driving force of team ^^ Smolyar wasn't worse than Muserskiy :D

stats from match : http://cev.lu/Competition-Area/MatchStatistics.aspx?ID=27780

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

in fact both Belogorie's MBs were driving force of team ^^ Smolyar wasn't worse than Muserskiy :D

stats from match : http://cev.lu/Competition-Area/MatchStatistics.aspx?ID=27780

Guys, sorry for being open about it, but I think Berlin was just poor. The outcome of the game was clear by the second TTO in the first set (Belgorod leading 16:15, after 1:8 at the 1st TTO). The setter was perhaps a bright spot but overall I don't know what these chaps were thinking. There was absolutely no way this could be won without a defensive plan from Berlin. I haven't noticed much defensive effort from any of the two sides so the bigger guys won - not effortlessly but actually quite carelessly. Yes, the home crowd may help and so does the Ref but the bigger guys are much bigger. Muserskiy scored most of his points by tipping the ball on a side of the organised two- or three-men(!) block. The MBs were literally invisible on the Berlin side (does that chap really play for French NT?) At the same time, Paul Carroll, with 57% and +22, tells me that both Muserskiy and Smolyar need to be in a better shape... I don't think they even bothered setting up a proper block in zone two.

Belgorod looked like it did back in 2011/12 season. I feel shaky about Khamutskikh as a coach. The left-handed opp was a discovery for him. The nervous breakdown induced by "home refereeing" looked very wrong to me and - I hate to say it - the defective speech makes him look quite ridiculous. The game was seemingly won in the "autonomic mode". The only hopeful moment was Roman Danilov's performance towards the end of the game.

• Guys, sorry for being open about it, but I think Berlin was just poor.......

Thats well possible. I cant judge because i didn't see the match.
    But still, lets not forget that they played without their main setter, main attacker and a starting middle (Kmet, ill). So even if, according to you, it was only because of Belgorods lazyness or "home refereeing", i give them credit for keeping the result tight.

Generally, although results look good in Bundesliga, Berlin hasn't impressed me much this season. Most matches were won because of individual superiority of their players rather than an "overall" good match. They need to improve, otherwise they could finish this season with empty hands.

• Asseco - Poland...

Source: World of Volley

Rumour

• Refereeing in Izmir in deed was comedy. but Arkas should not complain. In fifth set, they needed 10 minutes to solve Arkas' wrong rotation, later the ref overruled linesman at clear ace for berlin (righttly spotted by turkish linesman 8o ), last point of match should have been ended earlier as the ball crossed the net inside antenna. and there were still other stuff....

Friedrichshafen is leading 2:0 against Dinamo :white:

EDIT: Do they use new software? Same "rotation problem" in friedrichshafen.....

• 25:13 :white: set, match and golden ananas for Friedrichshafen.

Kawika didn't do rotation error.

Hard to spot from the outside what went wrong there. maybe you are right. In any case the refs should have solved this in a shorter time.

• 25:13 :white: game, set and golden ananas for Friedrichshafen.

Hard to spot from the outside what went wrong there. maybe you are right. In any case the refs should have solved this in a shorter time.

I was at hall and I saw it.And you are right too serve was in.