CEV Champions League 2017

• I totally agree, I spent like 10 minutes using different key words in the search line to find the complete 2-days event on its own, when I finally decide to open the single day to check the prize 'just in case'... And after that I still needed a moment to realize that I needed to click on the red button.
    'abbonamento fisso' It's not even that explicative in Italian (the adjective 'fisso' doesn't work very well in this case, imho). I don't know the english version.

Ps second ring practically sold out

I'm not so sure about your statement. I refreshed the page several times yesterday and I'm pretty sure I was one of the first people to buy a ticket trough the regular sales. Bought two tickets in a sector 3rd ring and still all the seats, which were available yesterday, are available. Also some places in the 2nd ring were already sold, when the regular sale started, to people with a Perugia seasonticket.

• I'm not so sure about your statement.

Which statement? the 'sold out' of the second ring? This afternoon there were like 5 seats left (divided in two sectors).

Edit: I checked again, they 'opened' a complete new sector in the second ring, where all the seats are free (135 or so). :what:
    If they will release other sectors in other times, I will be quite disappointed, since the seats I took wouldn't have been my first choice (in case, the latter) :thumb down:

Edit two: and now 2 more sectors! :thumbdown:

In your opinion is it possible that in Italy we see different free sectors than outside? In the second ring now i see B26, B27 (practically sold out), B28, B9, B10 (the three 'new' sectors). I had this doubt because yesterday the sectors in the second ring with free seats where the sectors of Sirmaniaci or nearby.

• No, but this is what I meant. They are releasing sector by sector. And closing sectors which are not yet full. Nevertheless it still may be a sold out stadiium after a few weeks!

• They are releasing sector by sector.

Yes.

I find it quite unfair, who buy the ticket first should be able to chose the best seats of the ring they are interested in.

I also imagine there were people that bought tickets in the third or first ring because they find the second full (or without near seats): I don't want to be in them when they'll find out the second ring has sectors completely free..

• As expected, we have a tight match in Istanbul, while Zaksa just destroyed Belogorie in first set. Guess i will start the evening with the BR Volleys....

• So istanbul took the win in five sets. Service was off (Kromm/ter Maat) for Berlin and they didn't look really well adjusted in block/defense especially considering BBSKs pretty simple game plan. 35 points (60%) for Rouzier is just a bit too much. I hope Wouter had a look to the other side and took a little lesson. His sub came a bit too late for my taste.

For Istanbul, Marko Matic looks like a talented and promising player. Really impressive height and already good blocking skills :thumbup:

By the way, pretty good comeback for Belgorod after this first set :box:

• I can't be satisfied. We won 3-2, despite we should have won 3-1 against a poor team like Resovia. I'm still angry for the way we gave to them the 3th set :wall:

p.s. I'm pretty disappointed by Zaksa

Per un pir, un pam un persec per na brogna e na rumleina, nuetr'a sam d'la Ghirlandeina nuetr'a sam da rispeter

Edited once, last by Mamdani ().

• Let me just post the newly launched website of the F4 tournament in Rome here.

Due to the technical issues yesterday, we don't have a lively discussion here, unfortunately :( The timing couldn't have been worse, I guess. I only watched the first and part of the second set in Belgorod and I should say I am also disappointed by ZAKSA, I had expected more. I will re-watch the match this week, I can't say much right now, I am curious what happened. First of all, they had Tillie missing. Does anyone know why? ZAKSA started the match just like anyone would expect them to and I was surprised to see the final score later.

Lube was not entirely convincing only in some parts of the match in Lodz and overall I felt they were almost always in control. Almost about the same level of control was applied against Skra last year, too. But comparisons between the two events are meaningless. Lube's form, or rather peak, has been an interesting topic we've had several times, still everything looks good for them.

I was hoping ZAKSA could be the only Polish team, despite the unlucky draw, to advance to the next round or at least step up this week. They still have a match at home but there is a serious chance we see all Polish teams get eliminated in this round :|

• Tillie has been missing for over a month now and there was (is?) a serious danger he might not play again this season. Recently, however, I've heard that he might even be back for the home game against Belgorod. Hope so, Zaksa really needs him, Buszek does not provide nearly as much quality.

• I expected more from Zaksa too, also being the only Polish team I can cheer for since the other two are playing vs Italian teams ^^

Belchatow-Lube was a good match imho: SKRA put on a good fight, blocking quite often (even if Sokolov still managed to attack with 70%) and receiving well Lube 'serve-bombs'.
    I also had the sensation that Lube was overall in control, but also that was never truly safe until the set ended.

Modena didn't played really well imho, but they proved once again they really are tie break beasts!
    Positive note: 16 blocks (5 by Holt, 3 by Piano), something quite unusual for Modena.

About Piano, imho – despite being a worst server and attacker compared to Le Roux – he should play more, he often came handy to the team and has a positive attitude that can help.
    Still, consider my judgment partial, because I'm a fan of him as italian player and as a person, for what I can get not knowing him personally.

• I don`t think Resovia is a poor team. And if they had Gavin Schmit I bet they would have won.

I feel bad for Gavin, he is always injured. I wonder when he will be back??

Very disappointing with the Polish teams, will be very embarrassing if all 3 gets knocked out.

I can't be satisfied. We won 3-2, despite we should have won 3-1 against a poor team like Resovia. I'm still angry for the way we gave to them the 3th set :wall:

p.s. I'm pretty disappointed by Zaksa

• About Piano, imho – despite being a worst server and attacker compared to Le Roux – he should play more, he often came handy to the team and has a positive attitude that can help.
    Still, consider my judgment partial, because I'm a fan of him as italian player and as a person, for what I can get not knowing him personally.

I agree, plus he is member of the NT which happens to be a OG silver medalist. And how can a player like him be a bench player? That is his country, his league, I find that pathetic to be honest. In Brazil not even in a million of years you will see a member of the NT sitting on the bench. But in Europe they have this illusion in any league that a foreign player is always better than a local player ( Le Roux is a better server when he get it in, and that does not happens very often).

edit: Watching Gabrielli Nelli on the bench is pathetic also. A young player with a lot of potential must be on the court playing full time to develop his skills.

• Istanbul BBSK is the 7th in the standings in Turkish league
    i thought Berlin would win
    i dont know much about Berlin's strong points as a team
    i dont expect much from Istanbul BBSK
    i expect a 3-0 or 3-1 win by Berlin for the return match
    if Berlin is not a weak team as Istanbul BBSK for the CL playoffs

men teams of Turkey are weak for the CL this year or CL is much stronger than before..at least i can say that Halkbank is far from its best days/rosters
    Arkas,Istanbul as well

• It's so strange, because BBSK has Rouzier, Le Goff, Marechel, and they won ECH and had Olympics experience. I would expect that they push the team to somewhere better... Is it the coaching problem, or injuries?

• I agree with you on IBB and Berlin comment. I don't like Istanbul BB's local matches in Turkish league. However they played well and I still can't believe how they won the game. I think next match will never be easy for Istanbul BB. Berlin will make it.

On the other side I think Fenerbahce would play instead of IBB at CL. Fenerbahce would have better results than IBB.

• It's so strange, because BBSK has Rouzier, Le Goff, Marechel, and they won ECH and had Olympics experience. I would expect that they push the team to somewhere better... Is it the coaching problem, or injuries?

i dont follow mens' league much
    bcz of that
    i dont know what their main problem is indeed

• I don`t think Resovia is a poor team. And if they had Gavin Schmit I bet they would have won.

I feel bad for Gavin, he is always injured. I wonder when he will be back??

Very disappointing with the Polish teams, will be very embarrassing if all 3 gets knocked out.

Gavin WHO? :call: Do you mean that Canadian guy who wasted his talent by spending most of his career in irrelevant clubs in irrelevant leagues (Asia) and that never had enough courage to face better opponents in stronger leagues like Italy or Russia (except 2012)? The same guy that in the last 2 years had so many injuries that he's not anymore the good player he used to be before? I cannot be afraid of him when in my league I am used to deal with Hernandez, Atanasjevic, Zaystev, Sokolov etc. :thumbup:

Anyway, we shall see next week

Per un pir, un pam un persec per na brogna e na rumleina, nuetr'a sam d'la Ghirlandeina nuetr'a sam da rispeter

Edited once, last by Mamdani ().

• I only watched the first and part of the second set in Belgorod and I should say I am also disappointed by ZAKSA, I had expected more. I will re-watch the match this week, I can't say much right now, I am curious what happened. First of all, they had Tillie missing. Does anyone know why? ZAKSA started the match just like anyone would expect them to and I was surprised to see the final score later. I was hoping ZAKSA could be the only Polish team, despite the unlucky draw, to advance to the next round or at least step up this week. They still have a match at home but there is a serious chance we see all Polish teams get eliminated in this round :|

It is worth watching the game in question as I think it was more complex than what one would think straight away. Apart from pretty obvious pressure from the service line there was seemingly quite a bit of tactical work done "on-the-fly" to eliminate the middle attack. This worked only partially but Belgorod was overall successful in pushing the game to the sides of the net, hence the outcome. As I wrote above, had Zaksa had a serious opp, things like these may have no life threat but with Konarski's back court performance things do get difficult. Overall, very poor concentration for Belgorod but a tactical win in the end. On a separate note, it's been long since I've seen Muserskiy enjoying that much freedom. Yes, he's been blocked on a couple of occasions but otherwise he did whatever he wanted. The defense on the other side was like "daddy, is this an elephant?"

However, the most mysterious game was that of Dinamo Msk vs Arkas. It did look one-sided, to be fair but guys, how do you like the numbers like these? I have to say, this looks like there is a non-volleyball trouble going on.