CEV Champions League 2017

• Belgorod qualified for Playoff 6... pity for ZAKSA but once again Polish team couldnt cope with pressure :(

Why being so sad about a kind-of underdog beating a kind-of favourite? Is this not what we love volleyball for? :)
    There is lots of pity and very little enthusiasm coming from Kazan. I feel now like this is a real chance to get a new CL winner as Belgorod plays the return leg at home. Just need to keep that serve and fingers crossed for both Belogorie opps who have been OK so far.

• Why being so sad about a kind-of underdog beating a kind-of favourite? Is this not what we love volleyball for? :)
    There is lots of pity and very little enthusiasm coming from Kazan. I feel now like this is a real chance to get a new CL winner as Belgorod plays the return leg at home. Just need to keep that serve and fingers crossed for both Belogorie opps who have been OK so far.

It's not matter of underdog beating favourite, I'm ZAKSA fan :wavy:

IMO Belgorod cannot cope with Zenit, matches with ZAKSA aren't relevant and only team that can challenge Kazan side is Cucine Lube atm. But who knows what will happen on FF, Dynamo can surprise in one match, also Perugia so I'm expecting real volley fight in Rome :box:

• I'm a little late on this but I rewatched Istanbul's match and I can't believe this. And I also think this is going to be worse for the CL as they proved that they're better then Berlin in both home and away games. Such easy 2 sets and then players like Rouzier might have had almost 0% in attack in 3-4 sets. I don't understand why Istanbul didn't wanna go to the next round. I dont think it was tactical either as they were not even good in 5th or golden set. For example they were leading 3-1 in 5th set and then immediately made a few mistakes so Berlin could lead 3-4 same goes for when it was 14-14 mistake made so Berlin could win the set. I don't get why they gifted the match to Berlin after showing that they're better. No way for me to believe Berlin is better or will be a better opponent against the Russians after watching both matches from beginning to end. Even in the first match they gifted the sets to Berlin, 22-19 but losing anyway for example.

Very weird match I've not seen many matches like this one ever. One thing I know is that match didn't end fair I just would like to know why BBSK did not want to play CL anymore...

• I am not suprised that ZAKSA lost.

In polish league They are on Top because They have the best Team-work.

If You want to win v Russian or Italian Clubs U must have very good surnames in Team..

SKRA is as a table with broken legs..

• Beri, if.., maybe Istanbul didn't want to play in next round because next is Russian Team and Turks don't want to go to Russia because of political conflict.

• Beri, if.., maybe Istanbul didn't want to play in next round because next is Russian Team and Turks don't want to go to Russia because of political conflict.

No, not at all. This is a very dirty idea that BBSK lost the game intentionally due to politics.

Just 1 day ago Arkas played against Moscow team. Arkas and Zenit at the same group C. Also BBSK and Din. Moscow were at the same group A.

I think you guys should stop criticise about politics here.

• The block-in by Holt/Ngapeth at 20-19 is maybe the luckiest point I've ever seen

Per un pir, un pam un persec per na brogna e na rumleina, nuetr'a sam d'la Ghirlandeina nuetr'a sam da rispeter

• So, if mathematically Poland is the only one that can have two teams in the final, practically among Poland, Russia and Italy they're probably the team that risk the most not be in the final (or even the final4) at all...

I was generous... They didn't even make it to the play off 6...
    Ps I would have bet only on Zaksa to get there

• I'm glad that this time we gave only a set so we can rest for Sunday

Per un pir, un pam un persec per na brogna e na rumleina, nuetr'a sam d'la Ghirlandeina nuetr'a sam da rispeter

Nah, this is a wrong direction, Bartek. As fossa1968 said, all Turkish teams were drawn in groups with Russians, everyone travelled safely and played, unlike last season. And this is just to start with. We have talked before about the level of Turkish teams both this year and in general. Their teams are still far away from the best in the continent and the reason Istanbul BB got knocked out was not really political but rather professional. The fact that, tactically or not, they can't keep up their level for 3 consecutive sets has been giving them hard times in Europe. Or let's say in the Champions League, two Turkish teams have been doing fine in the Challenge Cup. I have read interviews, some of them translated myself, to know what it feels like to be given good money and play in Turkey. Well, not everyone takes it as seriously as a move elsewhere. There have been great foreigners in the domestic teams but with varied success. The results of their junior and youth NTs show us that results may improve in the near future but as of now any breakthrough of a Turkish team in the CL seems more like an isolated outburst than a tradition. In the specific case in Berlin, Istanbul BB had dropped the momentum and weren't quite ready for these tie-breaks, whereas their star foreign opposite also failed on a number of occasions.

The case with Polish clubs is an interesting one. Theoretically, they should be able to challenge Italian and Russian teams. They have done so in the past and will surely continue doing so. I refused to say that it was pure mentality that has been causing them troubles in those international games, I could only accept it entirely for Skra and their notorious results, but I am starting to believe it is a wide-spread issue now. Well, let's be honest, first of all, and say that Skra and Resovia this campaign weren't quite the teams we know. ZAKSA was a glimpse of hope as they have a good mixture of international experience in their squad and they showed in Europe, until the Playoffs 12 at least, that their domestic dominance wasn't by chance. We all agree that ZAKSA underperformed against Belogorie, but also that Belogorie used (most of) their chances very well. Also, ZAKSA wasn't lucky with the draw either. But apart from that, mentality issues are to be seen indeed.

By the way, who is the coach of Belogorie now? Bogomolov led the team in Kedzierzyn-Kozle, maybe he should do it again in Kazan :D

• This week's schedule:

4th April / 19:30 / Belgorod (RUS) - Zenit (RUS)
    5th April / 19:30 / Berlin Volleys (GER) - Dinamo Moscow (RUS)
    5th April / 20:30 / Modena (ITA) - Civitanova (ITA)

Modena and Civitanova are already having playoff series at Italy (series tied 1-1). Zenit and Belgorod just played each other last week. I'm not comfortable with same countrys' teams play with each other at champions league.

Final four be like with 2 Russians and 2 Italian teams(if Moscow manages to eliminate Berlin). I hope they don't match at semi finals.

• I'm sorry, but they are going to face each others. There's already the rule according to which Cev doesn't allow more than 2 teams from the same country in the semifinals and more than 1 in the final. This rule has been created 15 years ago in order to avoid all-italian finals