CEV Champions League 2017

• It's been said over and over that CEV wants no redundancy in the finals. No matter what the host country is.

Conegliano got lucky because rules are rules. That's just the way it is.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• OMG rdfabio!! I understood your message-behind-the-line also in the first post that I quote, my answer was provocative because I can't stand anymore your 'it's all a scheme to favorite Italy' thing: it's getting reaaaally boring and even annoying :thumbdown:

I'm sorry if we are that good to have 3 teams first in their pools :whistle:, while Poland and Russia only had one first (for Russia, the one that got the final, as it's should have been; for Poland, do I have to remind you that not even one Polish team was able to overcome Italy/Russia and reach the Play Off 6, let along the Final4??).
    How was Italy 'lucky' (and the same it's true for Kazan and Zaksa) if two first of the pool could have face each others in the Play off 6?
    I'll say that the lucky were Berlin and Mosca, that ended up not having a single first in their path to the final4 ;)

and another thing. This thing of CEV not wanting 2 teams from the same country in the final, makes no sense. They are representing their Club and not their Country.

I really think they did change the rule this time, since hypothetically two Polish team could meet in the final.
    Still, I didn't watch the sorting, so I'm not sure how they picked the combinations for the semi.

• They can probably shake the draw like they do in football to prevent that.

Honestly, it's just CEV's way to keep the audience engaged.

Nothing wrong with that. It's not like we have tens or thousands of foreign fans who have the money and the time to watch the game live in another country.

It's not like there is good seeding in sports besides Tennis anyway. Last Olympics was messy tbh.
    Or even football.
    Honestly, the Bayern-Real Madrid or Barca-Juve quarterfinals in european cup competitiion is highway criminal. :white: But that's just the way it is.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• The lack of reliable outside hitters for Modena is just killing them. :white:

#FreeBritney

• Great chase by Modena but wrong choice for Travica costing them again.

#FreeBritney

• But Sokolov outplays Vetori also...Sokolov is always very aggressive and can hit the ball from anywhere. Vetori can do that too, but not quite as Sokolov does.

The gap between Petric and Juantorena/Kovar is astronomical. Petric can't do anything good whether its defense or offense Modena needs an OH who can balance out Ngapeth when he's being targeted by servers, attackers.

#FreeBritney

• If Petric can't find his form, this game is over. :white:

#FreeBritney

• isn`t the game already over??

Lube won the first game 3-0. Once they already won the 1set... Modena should have won in 3-0 to get a golden set?

It's decided through match points. Doesn't matter how many sets you win.

#FreeBritney

• Oh really? Match points? I had no idea about this.

Modena needs to win the Lube Playoffs in Serie A or it'll be relegated to CEV Cup next season. :tzz:

#FreeBritney

• It seems there will be 5000 Perugia fans plus 350 from Berlin and 250 from Kazan. I don't know about Civitanova.
    Overall more than 9.000 tickets was bought so far.

I must admit I wasn't' so optimist!

• My friends bought the tickets right after we were announced as host of the F4. Probably our supporters will be even more in the next days. Many people can't have long time programs because of their job and so on... I wish I could be there: when the other Perugia won the 2009/10 Challenge Cup I felt in love with the Charlottenburg's supporters; they're just amazing. They stayed with us when we played Mladost. They supported our team. And their players came among them and us, giving everybody the five. I remember a young but already amazing Salvodor Hidalgo Oliva giving me the five. I can say the same about the supperers of Dukla Liberec and their players. Amazing people. :obey:

• All due to respect to Perugia fans, I don't think all of the 5000 Perugia fans will be there by their own resources. Probably Perugia's crazy president will sponsor majority of them. This is the way it works for big Turkish bank clubs like Halkbank, Ziraat.
    Looking at how CEV promote Perugia ,I wonder if he can also 'buy' the final :whistle: