CEV Champions League 2017

• Jesus Not Birarelli! ;(

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Zaytsev beasting so much at other scoring skills. :drink:

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Funnily, the challenge system is back. :drink:

#FreeBritney

• Tosi slayed with thay dig. :obey:

#FreeBritney

• Atanasijevic choked but doesn't matter when everyone's working so hard as a team. :drink:

#FreeBritney

• Perugia in the finals! :obey:

#FreeBritney

• I hope Perugia gets the CWC wild card. Maybe Aaron is healthy by that time. :drink:

#FreeBritney

• Can you just inagine if Zaytsev can attack better? :what:

He's got 15 pts even with just 8 attack points in a 5 set match.

Damn such a beast. :white:

#FreeBritney

• I'm sorry guys, I didn't feel good after the second set. I watched the rest of the match, but I felt like my stomach was reaching my brain before exploding (I was a little bit too nervous), honestly I don't know what to say. :S

• It seems Bira had just cramps, but live it seemed to be hurt quite badly O.o Then he walked out of court on his own and I started to breath again xD

So, congrats Zenit (what a pity that Berlin couldn't grab at least the second set!) and Perugia, that really deserved this victory for me, because they practically always seemed in control of the match. Of course Lube underperformed with some players, for me Juantorena and Christenson (+Cebulij) among all.

I have an hard time judging Grebennikov, though: I read that more than one think he underperformed, but for me was the first time watching him live and I couldn't wait for it, so it didn't seem so off to me. Not always exceptional, but overall I would have said he was playing quite well...

Podraskanin is my MVP too, but I also really really like De Cecco and – that's a new! – Bari match too, plus that amazing dig by Tosi in the tie break ;)
    Ivan was stellar on not-attacking skill, you could see how much he wanted this victory.
    I have to admit he also had difficulties to put the ball down from 2, I think he managed to do that like once, and it wasn't his first attempt in the action.

About the referee, that error in the 4th set was INSANE. I was way far than the referee and considering the trajectory of the ball I could have bet 50 euros it was touched (so first big mistake) and then... they couldn't see the obvious touch on the video check!
    Thanks God the sportive justice still let Lube won that set (plus, imho there was a not seen double touch by Sokolov in another action eventually ended by Lube).
    Ps I wasn't cheering for one of them specifically, but I was cheering for the tie break so I hoped Lube could have won the 4th set, plus it was impossible not to take Lube side for that set after the insane error of the referees.

About Palalottomatica: it wasn't full, but close. The crowd was amazing, imho: I wasn't used to have both a lot of people + organized fans, because in the past when I went there it was full only for the NT that doesn't have organized fans to guide te crowd with chorus etc.
    Still, the whistle killed my brain. I've never like the whistle before for a 'moral' reason, now I don't also because they are an attempt to people ears xD

• Yes, if someone finds out something more about Birarelli, let us know, please. The fact that he didn't have, or maybe I didn't see, ice around his ankle, meant that it wwas most most probably just cramps, hopefully.

A great spectacle and even better to witness it live :) Congrats to Perugia for the fantastic spirit and fans! I just hope they can put up the same fight against Zenit because Lube could have had more volleyball arguments against the Russians. But Lube was more or less disapponting (again) and the better team reached the final. It would be a shame if they fail to deliver today, but it promises to be a thrilling final. Technical stuff and my impressions I will share next week, it is a pain to do it via a phone.

• Too many hotties in this bronze medal match. :mirror: :heart: :rose:

Sokolov tops them all though. He's like the perfect man. :obey: So jealoius of his wife. :whistle:

#FreeBritney

• Micah is not performing to his standards this night again.

#FreeBritney