CEV Champions League 2017

• Pokeršnik is a "heavy" character, as I know he is quite stubborn and conflict person. Maybe that's the reason POkeršnik never played offical match fo Herrsching :win:

As far as i remember, he asked Herrsching shortly before the season to resolve the contract due to "private reasons". The possibility to play CL with ACH might have played a role as well, i assume 8)

P.S. Why Zhukouski missed match vs Lube? I didnt find any info regarding injury

I think he was just benched, pure and simple. In combination with Carrol, he didn't perform well in the last Bundesliga match prior to the CL match and Serniotti decided to give chance to Kühner/ter Maat, which proved to be a real good move. Kaliberda stated after the match, that Lube prepared for Zhukouski/Carroll. If Blengini had read my Bundesliga thread, he could have seen this coming :teach: 8)

• I think he was just benched, pure and simple. In combination with Carrol, he didn't perform well in the last Bundesliga match prior to the CL match and Serniotti decided to give chance to Kühner/ter Maat, which proved to be a real good move. Kaliberda stated after the match, that Lube prepared for Zhukouski/Carroll. If Blengini had read my Bundesliga thread, he could have seen this coming :teach: 8)

I find it extremely hard to believe that the technical staff of the leader in the Italian league, full of scouting gurus, had no idea who played in the last match of their opponents. Based on the fact that Kuehner, who got the MVP versus United Volleys but was very shaky at the beginning vs Lube, and ter Maat stayed on court longer than the usual suspects, Lube were just obliged to have it as a plan B in the worst case :huh:

• After SKRA Resovia also had difficult time in Liberec. I can't understand how Kowal underestimated Czech side. Resovia started with reserve squad, Ivović played few pts, Drzyzga on bench.. Good match by Liberec, they fought way back after losing 0-2 :drink:

• Im cheering for Roeselare to take the set so that the game wont end. Been really enjoying it. That kid no 9 from Belogorie, OMG what an arm he has!

• Im cheering for Roeselare to take the set so that the game wont end. Been really enjoying it. That kid no 9 from Belogorie, OMG what an arm he has!

No9 has been playing a setter until last season when he turned into an OH. I like his little serving routine, he's a rare Belgorod player capable of spiking several serves in a row. I wouldn't say it is his arm but more his correct approach to the ball during the service, so the kinetic energy is converted very efficiently. BTW it was his first game in the starting line-up for Belgorod. I wonder if he manages to sort out his passing in Belogorie.

Belogorie overall follows the award-winning trend of the last year, by appointing yesterday's players as head coaches. The big change now is that the coach (Alexander Kosarev, a Belgorod player since mid 1990-s and a glorious winner of 2008 ChL with Kazan) is able to communicate his thoughts using his mouth. His predecessor, Vadim Khamuttskikh, was deprived of this important skill - I bet he broke his tongue while trying to pronounce his own surname. Kosarev, however, failed to implement his important advantage so far in his coaching career, as all his ideas so far were stressing out the nervous opp hitters and reshuffling the players in a random order. The team has therefore lost five games out of twelve in the domestic champ and, I have to say, almost succeeded in giving away their first ChL game to a Sunday league team from Belgium. Shipulin has no cash to sign a pro coach?

• Oh I see. That explains why he had a few errors in the 4th set and got replaced. I guess he is still adjusting. I like his serving routine too, and also how his serve looks like he just slaps the ball into a projectile. :D

Thanks for all the other info!

• Zhukouski wasn't even in protocol.

Sure? At least on the CEV data volley sheet, he was listed. He also played in yesterdays bundesliga match, so i don't think that there are any injury issues.

• Lots of good matches tomorrow and Modena-Skra seems to be such a must watch. Both teams are not in a good shape. I could see Skra taking this match if Kurek doesn't lose his heart again. They really miss Facundo and I think it's better if they revert Kurek back to a wing spiker if Wlazly is healthy.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Lots of good matches tomorrow and Modena-Skra seems to be such a must watch. Both teams are not in a good shape.

Started watching from mid of third set. As soon as Modena starts to show something from the service line (Le Who Roux), Skra seems to be in big trouble. But overall it seems you are right with your last phrase....

• 1-3 Belchatow - Modena. At the end of the 4th set, it was 14-22 for us. Then, I don't know why, there was a break of 10 minutes without any explicable reasons (at least on TV). So, we totally lost concentration and almost lost the set : 22-22!!!!!!!!!!!!

...Then, as usual Monsieur Magic resolves any problems

Per un pir, un pam un persec per na brogna e na rumleina, nuetr'a sam d'la Ghirlandeina nuetr'a sam da rispeter

• Kind of mental breakdown from Modena in the fourth set. Leading 14-22 when the E-score seems to stop working. Pause of 5 minutes to solve the problem and when it couldn't be solved, time to get everything ready and start to work on a paper gamesheet. Skra came back to 22-22, thanks to various errors on Italian side. Then Ngapeth gave his best, scored 22-23, made two blocks and sealed the match.

• :lol:
    Modena leading 22:14 with Le Roux on serve and then some "problems" at the scoring table. Le Roux serves out after the break and Skra comes back to 22:22 (not because they played better now, but Modena just sopped playing...) just to get blocked 3 times in row and finish the match.

Overall this really sounds more dramatic than it actually was. :white:

EDIT: Marcus and me obviously watched the same match :drink:

• Started watching from mid of third set. As soon as Modena starts to show something from the service line (Le Who Roux), Skra seems to be in big trouble. But overall it seems you are right with your last phrase....

It all boiled down on the WS in the end as predicted. Penchev just isn't world class to take on the likes of Ngapeth. They badly need Conte back. There's also Taylor Sander if Verona can't get him to return to the team.

1-3 Belchatow - Modena. At the end of the 4th set, it was 14-22 for us. Then, I don't know why, there was a break of 10 minutes without any explicable reasons (at least on TV). So, we totally lost concentration and almost lost the set : 22-22!!!!!!!!!!!!

1-3 Belchatow - Modena. At the end of the 4th set, it was 14-22 for us. Then, I don't know why, there was a break of 10 minutes without any explicable reasons (at least on TV). So, we totally lost concentration and almost lost the set : 22-22!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah that break hurt their momentum. I guess Modena is just atleast a class higher than Skra to close that match after that run from belchatow.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• :lol:
    Modena leading 22:14 with Le Roux on serve and then some "problems" at the scoring table. Le Roux serves out after the break and Skra comes back to 22:22 (not because they played better now, but Modena just sopped playing...) just to get blocked 3 times in row and finish the match.

Overall this really sounds more dramatic than it actually was. :white:

EDIT: Marcus and me obviously watched the same match :drink:

You actually cannot imagine how much I got angry at 22-22. I was close to throw the pillow on the TV

Per un pir, un pam un persec per na brogna e na rumleina, nuetr'a sam d'la Ghirlandeina nuetr'a sam da rispeter

• You actually cannot imagine how much I got angry at 22-22. I was close to throw the pillow on the TV

Believe me, i can 8)
    That was really unprofessional, in just so many ways.....

• I still can't believe belchatow traded Luburic for Kurek. What's the use of having two good opposites if you can't use them together? :wall: Not saying Luburic is average but Skra could've would've done better with better passing-attackers.

EDIT: Fifth set it is for ACH and Craiova. :box:

#FreeBritney

• I still can't believe belchatow traded Luburic for Kurek. What's the use of having two good opposites if you can't use them together? :wall: Not saying Luburic is average but Skra could've would've done better with better passing-attackers.

EDIT: Fifth set it is for ACH and Craiova. :box:

Did Kurek given up playing as OH?

• Did Kurek given up playing as OH?

It would be difficult for him to come back as OH when Wilfredo Leon is the future of Poland and it would depend solely on how his teammates are willing to take responsibility as he was known to be outside hitter hidden from reception when he was still in that position.

#FreeBritney