CEV Champions League 2017

• I guess they change a lot the start six, so this maybe can be the main reason for this gap in defense.. The Tallest player when in back row its just a mess... They have Winters and Sonn Jaescke will arrive and can improve this.

• VFB won 3x0 against Berlin in domestic league, but i didnt see any game of them.. maybe they can do well in champions leaague either.

This format for mens champions league its ok now (20 teams). Its a kind of entertainer and all of pools have good teams.

The womens can be good in some pools but i think that the sistem will not help the best teams to advance to play off 6. A Pool more balanced can made a worse second place among the seconds.

• some pro MB players have so low skills.... :white: :white: :white: :white:

• This is going to be an easy win for Perugia. :whistling:

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Quite strange. Assignment before the end of qualification tournament?

Per un pir, un pam un persec per na brogna e na rumleina, nuetr'a sam d'la Ghirlandeina nuetr'a sam da rispeter

• I believe CEV announced hosts before the end of group stage so clubs can be sure about progressing in Playoff 12. I doubt Bernardi will field subs in any match

No one apart from Perugia will be sure with an early announcement like this. Besides, it is wrong logic again by CEV and I will tell you why. What if Perugia finish at the bottom of their group? We haven't had a weak host in the years so far and Perugia won't, of course, finish last but this is still theoretically possible. Bernardi probably won't play with the bench (who knows if a game in the Italian league will turn out to be more important than, let's say, the return matches against Halkbank and Roeselare) but what if his players lose motivation because of the decision? Even if we forget about motivation, bench, and priorities for a while, there are still way too many matches to be played (and enough time for Perugia to collapse) to announce something like this in advance. My opinion.

• Same thing happened to one of the Azeri teams before (2012 Champions League,Baku). Host team had to play all the qualification processes and in the end they couldn't qualify for the final-four. Am I wrong? This is a positive discrimination in favor of Perugia , it is unethical

• More waste of money for a Cup we will never win. :aww:

Thank God there is someone willing to invest that much in volleyball in Italy!! Thank you Ginone!!!
    He definitely isn't my favorite Serie A team president, but we have to build him a statue (not only to him, obviously) for that.

• What a pity, Craiova almost takes a 2:0 lead against Ngapeth and Co, but Modena survives and equalizes 8o

It will probably go downhill for the romanians from now on.....

• And the 3rd set was a marathon Perugia win 31-29.

I wonder how many challenges each team gets? This match was disgusting because it had I think 1000 challenges. I got to see more of the 2nd referee than any of the players. All these challenges added at least 30 plus minutes to the game.
    CEV :down:

• Belgorod's coach is such a sore loser. I was honestly celebrating when he received a red card at 13-12 in the tie-break, dude was trying everything to cool down the game - even asking for a ridiculous challenge after the last point. Perugia deserved that win.

• And the 3rd set was a marathon Perugia win 31-29.

I wonder how many challenges each team gets? This match was disgusting because it had I think 1000 challenges. I got to see more of the 2nd referee than any of the player. All these challenges added at least 30 plus minutes to the game.
    CEV :down:

A bigger problem is that the decisions on those challenges don't look very transparent and seem to go preferentially towards the home team. The "net touch" by Smolyar would have been "no net touch" on a neutral ground. So was the "block touch" on the tie-break. And then come various funny red cards etc. Good job both teams seemed to be a bit relaxed about the result.