CEV Champions League 2017

• After the first two sets that were one way for one team respectively, the match has been entertaining, especially in the third! My MVP is Berger, he was really positive tonight in all elements, and Iliked also Atanasijevic, when he's on fire he's barely unstoppable. Zaytsev is so silent and uneffective, I'm more than convinced that this role isn't suitable for him..at this point of the carrer he should have found some rhythm but today he struggled more than usual. He's an OPP, that's it!
    Belgorod played a good match, but too many tips or easy balls fell and they made more mistakes than PG, that costed the third set and maybe also partly the tie break.

• Belgorod's coach is such a sore loser. I was honestly celebrating when he received a red card at 13-12 in the tie-break, dude was trying everything to cool down the game - even asking for a ridiculous challenge after the last point. Perugia deserved that win.

No matter how i feel about the Belgorod coach (who is not a particularly likeable guy), one doesn't get red cards for asking challenges. A pro ref wouldn't do things like that. The home side was by far more involved in the talks with the officials, do agree.

BTW, what does the "sore loser" have to do with that? That card did decide the game, whether we like it or not; the score is pretty obvious. I am not against the home refereeing - this always happens - but that was nothing but awarding a win.

• I missed all the fun tonight but tomorrow should be interesting too. Resovia vs. Lube looks very promising. If Lube stays without points, they are in big trouble as Berlin kept a clean sheet tonight in Liberec. Advancing from group B could really become a nice battle :box:

• The challenge was created in order to improve the game, but unfortunately some a$$holes coaches don`t give a f**k, using the challenge to slow down the game is totally unacceptable, and it goes totally against with the benefits that the challenge brings to the game.

• The challenge was created in order to improve the game, but unfortunately some a$$holes coaches don`t give a f**k, using the challenge to slow down the game is totally unacceptable, and it goes totally against with the benefits that the challenge brings to the game.

Easy to implement a correction. Charge an extra point for two lost challenges per set.

• No matter how i feel about the Belgorod coach (who is not a particularly likeable guy), one doesn't get red cards for asking challenges. A pro ref wouldn't do things like that. The home side was by far more involved in the talks with the officials, do agree.

BTW, what does the "sore loser" have to do with that? That card did decide the game, whether we like it or not; the score is pretty obvious. I am not against the home refereeing - this always happens - but that was nothing but awarding a win.

I watched now the last points of the match and tried to figure out what actually happened.

Obviously the ref showed the red card for "delaying the game" and on first instance i was wondering why. But if you listen carefully you can hear the ref whistling for Russells's serve and then another sound (signal for challenge/substitution or whatever). The ref then had to whistle for a second time to interrupt Russells serve. I don't know, whether "the bench" can initiate the signal by themselves. But if this is the case, the rules pretty much demand a card for "game delay" and as it has been the second offense, imho the red card is justified.

You might argue now that for the sake of the game, the ref should have ignored this offense but personally i would put 90% of the blame on stupid behaviour of Belgorod's bench.

at 2:37:35 : http://www.laola1.tv/de-de/vid…logorie-belgorod-full-lde

• Resovia woke up a little to late in this set, but at the end they improved a lot. By the way, where's Perrin?

Per un pir, un pam un persec per na brogna e na rumleina, nuetr'a sam d'la Ghirlandeina nuetr'a sam da rispeter

• remarkable game by Kovar so far. Very clean from the back row and also quite efficient in attack

Per un pir, un pam un persec per na brogna e na rumleina, nuetr'a sam d'la Ghirlandeina nuetr'a sam da rispeter

• Lube looks rock solid at the moment, giving no chance so far for Resovia to gain a momentum..... :teach:

remarkable game by Kovar so far. Very clean from the back row and also quite efficient in attack

True that.....

• Resovia mentally out of the match right now

• ...And Lube is dominating this set practically WITHOUT Sokolov, who is resting

• Kowal should try with Schoeps. Not Gavin's night so far.....

Resovia's receivers act as if they see a good serve for the first time in their live. Quite pathetic, tbh

• No reception, no attack, no block and no serve.. 6:3 to 11:21 :rolll: U just have to laugh :rolll:

Very disappointing, i agree. Hoped for a better match. Lube played really well, credit where credit is due, but Resovia just didn:t try enough. Deserved boos from the crowd.....

• Vball lesson from Blengini to Kowal and I'm not a big fan of Blengini's ability. Kowal lost point against Liberec fielding reserves, lucky win over Berlin in Rzeszow and now this bitter loss. If Berlin beat Liberec in 10 days and I'm sure they'll Resovia is going to have must win situation in next 2 matches. Berlin is always causing them problems and I don't see them overcoming them in Max Schmeling Halle :whistle:

• Is it just my impression or Perrin looks a little bit overweight? Too much gulash? :D

• I don`t see Perrin being overweight, he looks very fit to me.

by the way, Ivovic had a terrible night, Perrin should have played more, probably started the game or at least the 2nd set.

I did not watch the 3rd set because I knew it was gonna be 3-0. But Gavin Smitch was the only one actually playing for Resovia.

and I was thinking Winters had been transferred, but i`m glad he`s still there.