CEV Champions League 2017

• By the way, I think that the biggest problem of Resovia right now is the setter. Every time he receives the ball, I always know what he's going to do from the TV. Very predictable

Per un pir, un pam un persec per na brogna e na rumleina, nuetr'a sam d'la Ghirlandeina nuetr'a sam da rispeter

• By the way, I think that the biggest problem of Resovia right now is the setter. Every time he receives the ball, I always know what he's going to do from the TV. Very predictable

IMO Resovia's main problems for years is coach Kowal. What's the point of having 5 OH's (Perrin, Jaeschke, Ivović, Winters and Rossard) and not having decet setters, OPP replacement and MB's? On OH position they have several world class players and all of them cannot play while MB's are Lemanski or Dryja, worn out Tichaček as a setter?

• IMO Resovia's main problems for years is coach Kowal. What's the point of having 5 OH's (Perrin, Jaeschke, Ivović, Winters and Rossard) and not having decet setters, OPP replacement and MB's? On OH position they have several world class players and all of them cannot play while MB's are Lemanski or Dryja, worn out Tichaček as a setter?

Personally, I think that the only world class OH of Resovia is Ivovic, the other ones are only good players, nothing more (except Rossard and Jaeschke who are young and can improve in order to become world class players)

Per un pir, un pam un persec per na brogna e na rumleina, nuetr'a sam d'la Ghirlandeina nuetr'a sam da rispeter

• So last chance tonight for Resovia in Berlin.....

WoV is reporting, that Gavin Schmitt will be out for the match, while ter Maat will be back to the roster for Berlin after his injury (partial rupture of tendons in the ankle).

Berlin is already qualified as one of the best placed third ranked teams but they will be eager to come in at least second, as it might ensure a better draw for the playoff matches. So tonight i will hope for two things, first i want Berlin to win and second i want Jochen Schöps to do well. If he can come back to his form from before injury, he will also be an option for german NT again......

• i want Jochen Schöps to do well. If he can come back to his form from before injury, he will also be an option for german NT again......

I think you should look to the future and give more chances to Hirsch

• I think you should look to the future and give more chances to Hirsch

Generally, I can agree. But this year`s World League and WCH quali is only about winning and not about "giving chances" or developping players. If Hirsch is healthy he would get called and play a lot anyway, but his physical state has been a bit fragile ever since. And lets not forgett, Monza lately transferred Vissotto. But generally, the question would rather be between Malescha/Schöps anyway.
    If healthy, Jochen still can be important on and off the court and honestly, i would feel a bit better with Schöps as an option than Malescha. But it surely would be a tough call for Giani.....

• Resovia truly looks like a mess. if a 7:2 lead doesn't give you confidence, then what else?
    Bad game for Rossard and, sadly, Schöps. Body language of Resovia players doesn't give much hope, at least if you are fan of polish team....

• Berlin secured the second place in group and got a bit sloppy. So Resovia is still alive. I truly hope Berlin can still finish this. Resovia just don't deserve advancing after these performances.....

• Jaeschke is actually playing pretty good at opposite :obey:

True. It took him a bit to adapt, but now he is playing well. Looks like we are heading to a fifth set..... :rolleyes:

• Are you sure? They have 3 wins atm and Resovia can still get 4 wins; I thought wins count first and points second? (might be wrong, though)

Damn, you are right. I just looked it up.....
    So a win tonight would put them almost certain in second place.

• Generally, I can agree. But this year`s World League and WCH quali is only about winning and not about "giving chances" or developping players. If Hirsch is healthy he would get called and play a lot anyway, but his physical state has been a bit fragile ever since. And lets not forgett, Monza lately transferred Vissotto. But generally, the question would rather be between Malescha/Schöps anyway.
    If healthy, Jochen still can be important on and off the court and honestly, i would feel a bit better with Schöps as an option than Malescha. But it surely would be a tough call for Giani.....

Is Grozer coming to play? He was mentioning smth about his retirement but you know people do come back into the NT. And now there's a new coach...

• So in the end...Dryzga made Asseco lost this match. No clutch play. He relied so much on Ivovic.

He got a pretty decent game until Berlin tied the game.

Perrin was meh on this match but he was receiving fine til he loses the balance from the serve strength.

Jaeschke was fine, a little predictable as the opposite but nonetheless had impact.

I think Perrin would have been a better fit as the opposite though. He was not doing well in passing-attacking anyway.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Interesting stats. Rzeszow with 35 errors in service and attack vs 16 of Berlin. Ivovic, the best scorer with 24 points but only +13. Not a high quality game, sorry to say. The Modena game looks more fun to watch: lots of crazy sets, ricochets and various ngapets.

• NGapeth setting a ball to Orduna (who managed to score) was by far the best point this round so far. :cheesy:

Loved it!!! :rolll:

I watched the end of the third set and the fourth: Modena seemed always in control despite the fact Belchatow stayed quite close in the score, and did several mistake in the end of the sets.
    First place secured by Modena, well done!

Negative note: Holt ankle injury ;(

• Is Grozer coming to play? He was mentioning smth about his retirement but you know people do come back into the NT. And now there's a new coach...

I wouldn't rule it out, but there is nothing reported yet. If he is kindly asked, maybe.... And i don't think that changing of coach would have an impact on his decision, as he used to speak rather highly about Heynen.

For Resovia, man of match for me was clearly Wojtaszek who put on a big defensive show and kept them somehow alive in the first two sets. They lost it on the counter attack where they looked really shaky, disorganised and just "unready" over large parts of the match. Jaeschke had problems in the beginning but was almost unstoppable for Berlin in set 3 and 4....

As for Berlin it was important tonight that Kromm and Schott could keep a good level on reception. First two sets were really brilliant in this perspective. They later gassed out a bit on the attack but somehow managed to crawl over the goal line.

In Serniotti's place i would have made the exact opposite changes for setter/opposite tonight, which means keeping carroll on court and bringing Zhukouski for Kühner. But you are alway smarter in the end......