CEV Cup 2017

• * I think I see first time Club from Lviv

* Why Kharkiv lost both matches 0-3 by walkover?

• Loko Kharkiv withdrawn from competition as club is in heavy financial position and could disappear due that. Almost all key players left, Plotnitskyy and youngsters playing there

Somewhat expected as the region is in dire straits and so is the main sponsor of the club, as I predicted earlier (in case you're curious Southern Railway serves the transportation from Kharkov towards Crimea). Yereshenko and Teremenko ended up in Belgorod, Likhosherstov is in Fakel, Tyutlin was injured and ended up noone knows where.

The biggest fruit of the Kharkov school in recent years was perhaps Roman Yakovlev. Muserskiy, Pavlov, Panteleymonenko never played for Loko but definitely enjoyed the local atmosphere.

• Sete doing the "job" against Posojilnica..

I'm wondering what is CEV doing regarding all strange results in CEV and Challenge Cup as this is getting ridiculous :rolll: Clubs participating in those competition without any motive to advance, letting opponents winning easy and no one cares. Not to mention CEV didn't start any investigation :drink: Corrpution, bribe and who cares about sport is nice slogan :olympia: :cup:

• What do you mean? What happened there? I see Sete used the same roster they normally would in the French league. Do you mean they had zero motivation?

Yes, Sete don't care about CEV Cup as they didn't care about Champions league. Don't know why they didn't give up on CEV competitions like Polish clubs did except CL participants ?( This opens space for manipulations of all kind. Same goes for several other clubs like Zalau whose coach and players under heavy criticism after the shameful elimination against Bosnian Jedinstvo.

• Yes, Sete don't care about CEV Cup as they didn't care about Champions league. Don't know why they didn't give up on CEV competitions like Polish clubs did except CL participants ?( This opens space for manipulations of all kind. Same goes for several other clubs like Zalau whose coach and players under heavy criticism after the shameful elimination against Bosnian Jedinstvo.

Sete seemed motivated to me in the second leg of the play-off against ACH at least. Their results at least do not seem as ambiguous as the ones by the aforementioned teams. Whether they truly tried their best is a different issue and I haven't watched them enough this year to say. They have a decent roster, I doubt they would just neglect the CL and I believe ACH were simply better in the Golden set. And maybe the French team will depend on the home-court advantage in France, probably a similar scenario to the match with the Slovenians. But this selectivity, or rather unwillingness to play, has been a problem for years indeed.

• I'm sure you would understand but I can't reveal my sources. Sete didn't want to play CL coz of significantly weaker squad and slashed budget comparing to previous season. So losing GS is ideal excuse :) Same applies to CEV Cup :) Sete and Zalau are latest examples of my theory, I know for similar examples in previous seasons.

EDIT: My 3,500th post :drink:

• Now Arcada is choking big time... CEV and Challenge Cup is matter of motive not quality or form. All of this is happening in front of CEV's nose and no reaction to stop such behaviour. As Yavor said this is why volleyball doesnt have proper place in sports pyramid. Twilight of fair play

• Well, Arago de Sete won at home against Aich/Dob and also grabbed the Golden Set later. This time the scenario worked, one would say. You won't advance further unless you want to play more in Europe. Just saying :whistling:

• Piacenza vs. Trentino for the CEV Cup quarterfinals :) This promises a lot and almost clears the way towards the trophy.

I'm so sad that they'll meet so soon :(
    Also a bit annoyed, because I would have preferred Piacenza playing (and win) the Challenge Cup as it was supposed to, instead of standing in Trentino's way :P

• I'm so sad that they'll meet so soon :(
    Also a bit annoyed, because I would have preferred Piacenza playing (and win) the Challenge Cup as it was supposed to, instead of standing in Trentino's way :P

What do you think about Piacenza vs Trentino tonight?

• As a Trento fans, I always think Piacenza is a team to fear, especially in the matches that matter.
    Plus, even if the standings of the italian RS suggest that Trento is slightly superior, we can't forget that:
    - in the two direct matches, bot won the home match
    - Piacenza don't have the 4-foreigns limit in CEV (obviously neither do Trento, but Trento have only 4 foreigns so the problem doesn't exist at all)
    - it's around two week that Piacenza – secured the sixth place in RS – is preparing the match, while Trento practically had only two days because committed with the RS until Sunday
    - they're playing in Piacenza

In conclusion, I wouldn't be surprised by any result, to be honest. Probably I would be surprise only if one of them won't fight properly.

Obviously Piacenza depend a lot on the Cubans, so their match will probably be a mirror of the Cubans performance.

• Yep!! :D

Now Piacenza needs to win at least 3-1 plus the Golden set. In the inviolate PalaTrento.
    Not impossible as always in volleyball, but definitely tough.

For Trento losing this chance would be the biggest failure of the last two years so far, imho. Also considering that this quarterfinal it's probably an anticipated final (but I admit I don't know the other opponents. Nobody will come from CL, right?).