CEV Cup 2017

• Tours won 15-13 :(
    At least it didn't ended on Lanza serve mistake how I was afraid of...

Last three years Italian Cup final and European final are a real taboo for Trento :(
    Again a loss in a 15 points set... Golden set, tie break of CL final, another Golden set (the latter both loss 15-13)
    I can't believe it :(

• Congrats Tours. What a huge upset! :drink:

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• stats sheet

Ahahhahea I'll take that as true xD

Ps in the delusion and sadness of the defeat, I forgot to compliment Tours: they played a great match (especially serving very well in the key moments, but being always attached to the match, digging, attacking with courage etc) and put Trento in real trouble.
    Not everyone can beat Trento 4-1, so it was an amazing accomplishment ;)

I was sure – as all the players kept saying this days – that Tours valued more than what they show in Trento, especially at home, but that is still impressive.

• That's unfair, though. They complained or admitted mistakes as much as Trento, for what we can see from TV not having video check.

It is unfair indeed when the ball is a meter in, the line guy clearly indicates but the chap at the top decides to help someone up.
    The only Trento players who have a clue about good sportsmanship are Urnaut, Antonov and Stokr. The rest are mostly into handwaving, for which I have little sympathy.

It is unfair indeed when the ball is a meter in, the line guy clearly indicates but the chap at the top decides to help someone up.

And how are the referee mistakes Trento fault, sorry?
    As they weren't Tours fault when the errors where in their favor.

• Ps in the delusion and sadness of the defeat, I forgot to compliment Tours: they played a great match (especially serving very well in the key moments, but being always attached to the match, digging, attacking with courage etc) and put Trento in real trouble.
    Not everyone can beat Trento 4-1, so it was an amazing accomplishment ;)

:thumbup: :flower:
    That shows true class !

The only Trento players who have a clue about good sportsmanship are Urnaut, Antonov and Stokr. The rest are mostly into handwaving, for which I have little sympathy.

:lol:
    I somehow missed these kind of dicsussions from "pre-challenge-times". Somehow senseless but always good for bit of traffic and excitement....

• I somehow missed these kind of dicsussions from "pre-challenge-times". Somehow senseless but always good for bit of traffic and excitement....

:lol: :lol:
    Actually for me often the main reason why I can't stand not having video check anymore (since I'm too used to it) isn't the missed point itself (of course in key moments that count a lot too), but the fact it works a great deal in calming down players (and fans) complaining, pretending or feeling they are being treated unjustly.

For example, if I accuse the opponents of touching a ball and then I don't call the check to prove it, it's clear I was pretending.
    On the other hand, if I feel the referee did a mistake vs me, I can use the video check to prove it: If I'm wrong, I won't be mad with the referee anymore; I'f I'm right, I'll get my point so probably I will be less mad with the referee ;)

That's why at the beginning I said I was missing the video check: there were too many discussions and complains in both side of the court, plus Tours had also I guess at least 4000 people complaining with them and whistling when they didn't agree with the referee (I found that normal, to be clear, and it would have happened in Trento too for sure).

Ps there's no need to say that I'm keeping talking about that to avoid thinking about this very very painful defeat ;)

• I'm really disappointed with Trentino's loss but on other side I'm glad that Konečny left Tours with major trophy. Dunno what to say about Trentino, 3rd consecutive final is lost, this one to weaker team in all terms...

• Actually for me often the main reason why I can't stand not having video check anymore (since I'm too used to it) isn't the missed point itself (of course in key moments that count a lot too), but the fact it works a great deal in calming down players (and fans) complaining, pretending or feeling they are being treated unjustly.

Spot on. I would take it further and say that the confusion that a missed point creates has a bigger effect on the outcome of the game than the point itself. That ace that was clearly missed by the Ref wouldn't have added a critical point for Tours (they were +3 anyway) but the loss of concentration that stemmed from this episode almost costed them the game.

• The only Trento players who have a clue about good sportsmanship are Urnaut, Antonov and Stokr.

Last time at the beginning I wanted to replace saying that at least Giannelli should have been in your list, but It didn't because after all it's a bit subjective a difficult to prove, and I didn't want to make a fuss of it (not more than I was already doing, at least :P).

But now time I want to report that on the 21-20 for Perugia in the first set of match 4 of the semifinal – so in a very, very crucial moment – he admitted touching the ball even if Atanasjievic (the most video-check-asker of the world, especially when he is the spiker :P) said to Bernardi not to use the video check.
    I don't know what could be less subjective than ;)