CEV Challenge Cup 2017

• English champions, IBB London Polonia, surprised Hungarian Fino Kaposvar in Belchatow and made it through 1st round. Englishmen won 3:1 and GS. Level of volleyball was really low, can't remember when I saw worse match in Challenge Cup in years.

• Another upset in the Challenge Cup. After the super convincing walkover in the first leg at home, the Romanian Zalau obviously underestimated Jedinstvo Brcko and played with the bench in the second leg in Bosnia and Herzegovina. I mean, they are clearly the better side and would have had enough class to challenge Ziraatbank in the next round but I can't explain the decision to bench all starters even in the Golden Set (at least they were listed in the roster which means they must have travelled with the team). Valkiers, Gontariu, Linz, Leonardo Dal Bosco...

• You see such life..

Bratoev also underestimated new in Plusliga Espadon; He played as He wanted, behavioured as He wanted and We both know how brutal that ended for Him..

The same in tennis.. for example in ATP Shanghai 2016. Dimitrov as Beijing Runner Up underestimated Pospisil in 1st round and lost..

• Another upset in the Challenge Cup. After the super convincing walkover in the first leg at home, the Romanian Zalau obviously underestimated Jedinstvo Brcko and played with the bench in the second leg in Bosnia and Herzegovina. I mean, they are clearly the better side and would have had enough class to challenge Ziraatbank in the next round but I can't explain the decision to bench all starters even in the Golden Set (at least they were listed in the roster which means they must have travelled with the team). Valkiers, Gontariu, Linz, Leonardo Dal Bosco...

Obviously they let Jedinstvo to advance. This move is casting very ugly shadow on Zalau as a team coz they could give up and let some other Romanian club participate in Challenge Cup. But they arent the only club which did that ;)

• Obviously they let Jedinstvo to advance. This move is casting very ugly shadow on Zalau as a team coz they could give up and let some other Romanian club participate in Challenge Cup. But they arent the only club which did that ;)

I don't see at all how this is obvious. If this had happened in the CEV Cup and the team preferred to advance to easier opponents in the Challenge Cup, then there could've been some discussion. They chose to participate, built a decent team and you're telling me they just put the whole thing off? If the starters travelled to Bosnia, then it is not even underestimation anymore (because there were no subs used). It's a suicidal lunacy.

• What??

They went to Turkey and played the game????

And he thinks a attack could happen only in case they won? Since when the terrorist care about the outcome of the game? If someone was there and ready to make a attack they just do it, and not based on the results.

I'm sorry but his logic sounds really stupid. He should just have not gone to Turkey.

• :lol:

Good that They went to Bosnia.. He always could say ' We won't go anywhere because airplane may crash during journey '

• I am so used to watching Benfica in the final rounds of the Challenge Cup that their elimination in the Last 16 seems kind of weird. They have maintained a good roster and shown decent volleyball over the past few years. Plus, the fact that the Challenge Cup is the weakest European international tournament helped them to reach the latter stages. They met Chaumont too early, the Frenchmen appeared too strong. They won't have problems against Spartak Myjava, the semifinal versus Ziraatbank will be very interesting.

• What a stupid reason from Zalau... I mean yes Turkeys not as safe as it was a few years ago, but some people really like to act as if Turkeys is in a warzone or is filled with terrorists or something. It's just funny to me that most teams that decide not to come to Turkey *for safety reasons* are from countries from whom generally is known that they have always kind of disliked Turkey anyway :whistle: :thumbdown:

PS: I know I'm really, really late with this but I just saw it and has to say something :p

• Fakel Novyi Urengoy:

* CEV Challenge Cup Champion 2007 and CEV Challenge Cup Runner Up 2016
    * will try to win 4th CEV Challenge Cup Champion Title for Russia
    * participation is 11th from Russia in CEV Challenge Cup Final
    * is 8th Team from Russia in CEV Challenge Cup Final

The Leader in the most CEV Challenge Cup Champion Titles category is Modena with 5.

• Chaumont Volley-ball 52 will try to win 2nd CEV Challenge Cup Champion Title for France, last time Cannes in 1981.. 36 years ago..