CEV Champions League 2018

• Wow Chaumont got robbed at the end of the first set. :mad: Vandoorn got called for blocking even though he didn't touch the net or step on the line. Wish there were announcers for these games

Here is your annoucer! There was no fault in the blocking action of Vandoorn. But the fact that the setter, as backrow player, jumped with Vandoorn to try and block makes it an 'illegal block'. All players who jump near the net and try to block the ball (even if they don't touch the ball) are considered as one block together. So in the end the point was correctly given to Trento.

• Here is your annoucer! There was no fault in the blocking action of Vandoorn. But the fact that the setter, as backrow player, jumped with Vandoorn to try and block makes it an 'illegal block'. All players who jump near the net and try to block the ball (even if they don't touch the ball) are considered as one block together. So in the end the point was correctly given to Trento.

This is what I needed! thanks

• Vandoorn got called for blocking even though he didn't touch the net or step on the line.

Was he backrow? I did not watch very attentively and did not understand that call at all ?(

EDIT: case solved. Thanks Marcus.

I also think the last challenge was wrong. It hink there was a toch. not that clear like the one last week in belgium but still.....

• There was no net touch, it was an illegal block from Chaumont. Look above this post for the explanation. :teach:

• Giannelli plays too fast which can be hard on his hitters. I wish Trento has a strong hitter to make Giannelli slow down the tempo a bit somehow. Sometimes that kills them when they had to play normally. Just too many mistakes. Uros is not playing well so Trento have their best hitter out makes bad business.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Giannelli plays too fast which can be hard on his hitters. I wish Trento has a strong hitter to make Giannelli slow down the tempo a bit somehow. Sometimes that kills them when they had to play normally. Just too many mistakes. Uros is not playing well so Trento have their best hitter out makes bad business.

Yeah Gianelli likes to take a lot of risk in his sets and goes hard all the time. Which is why he and Kovacevic usually work so well together imo. Uros did not have it in that first set though

• There was no net touch, it was an illegal block from Chaumont. Look above this post for the explanation. :teach:

Thanks for the correction. Having no live commentary sucks while watching it on my phone makes it worse so I couldn't tell what's happening. lol

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

Edited once, last by Rains_of_Castamere ().

• That was so risky from Lorenzetti. I'm glad the substitution of Vettori did not have a lot of impact on the second set. I thought the estonian was the stronger blocker anyway so I am just not approving of the move done.

Zingel again shown some of his worth. Although not the best server. I think he's definitely the better blocker and attacker than Kozamernik.

Giannelli now is in more control which is good for Trento but still a few mistakes. Just glad it's not happening in the last parts of the set anymore.

Seems like there's an occurence of the OHs being inconsistent. Lanza substituted Kovacevic and Kovacevic substituted Hoag. I hope Lanza shows that he's better than that and stop the cycle.

#FreeBritney

• I am so pissed at Chaumont at the moment! Those guys wasted so many great opportunities at the end of both sets, let alone the unsued 24-21 advantage in the opener. Lanza's sub acted as a confidence boost for Trentino, he plays decently tonight. Now the pressure is almost gone for the Italians and, unless they demonstrate their inconsistency yet again as they have been doing all season long, the deal is done.

I didn't understand the double substitution by Prandi at the end of the first set. Why was Saeta ever needed? And if I am not mistaken, Ben Tara (the opposite) also got subbed. Saeta has a nice serve and it made sense to use him at the end of the second set but not at the end of the first at that crucial moment. Sure, breaking the rhythm is always an option with a move like this, I would have changed my MB, for instance. What I also don't get is why they keep overusing Mijailovic in those decisive rallies. Ben Tara is an option, pipe is an option. Eder's serve in the last few points in the opener limited the setter's choice, true, but nothing got them troubled at the end of the second one.

Such a pity! I would have liked to see Chaumont take at least the second set, a lot of French teams had managed to steal those sets and even entire matches when given the chance. For one thing, Trentino aren't anywhere close to being quite impressive this season and I guess I would have enjoyed a small upset here.

• And Lanza will never have a night when he's not messing it up. :rolll:
    The look on Teppan's face when Lanza is serving is priceless like it's russian roulette. :gone: I'm glad one got in but still a hit and miss in my opinion.

#FreeBritney

• My MVP of the match is Eder. I think that serving chase he had done in the first set was what ultimately brought the confidence back to Trento.

If they've lost that set...that could've been the end. It was still a cat and mouse affair. Only two points each set separated the winner from the loser despite being only three sets played.

Lanza really needs to work on his serve. He would've been substituted in the third set if it wasn't for Hoag messing up earlier.

#FreeBritney

• Lube is trashing Skra for now in the first two sets. When Lube press on the rhythm with the serve and block-defense, Skra can't really do much. Lisinac is the only real threath, the OHs are doing little. I hipe Lube finishes 3-0 to save some energy..

• Grebennikov running to save the ball after Sander's bad pass but setting a precise high ball for Sokolov who kills it, is just pure delight :cheesy: :cheesy:

• So in the end, good statements by the teams who were supposed to advance before this round. Didn't see much of the action this round, only parts of the trentino-chaumont match. I defenitely share yavor`s sentiment. What a waste for Chaumont to lose this match in straight sets. :white: Very mature peformance by Trento in the important moments of the match though...

Regarding the german derby , the return match pretty much run as i expected. Berlin just couldn't put something upon their decent performance of the first match, while Friedrichshafen improved reception, had Boladz at a better level and Collin helped to completely own the Middle for VfB. Worth to mention as well, that the experiment with Takvam as OH seems to have ended. He is back to the middle and further increases Friedrichhafen's options on this position. His and Collin's offensive potential opens good spaces for their wing spikers. Great again how small Protopsaltis (1,85 m) managed to put so many balls down. For me he was the MVP of this series :thumbup:

What did Piazza say about Juantorena? Last year he did to please Ngapeth (How sad :lol: ) ,what was his reason this time?
    “Il Belchatow, inoltre, è allenato da un tecnico italiano – puntualizza il ds Lube – che già lo scorso anno quando era a Modena, prima di essere esonerato, non aveva perso occasione di attaccare Juantorena sul piano umano e che ha rincarato la dose mercoledì scorso nel dopo partita del match di andata nei confronti del nostro giocatore più rappresentativo, e non capisco il motivo. Se questo suo atteggiamento poco sportivo serve a mettere del pepe sulla partita ben venga, perché so che le espressioni poco educate che ha usato nei confronti di Juantorena caricheranno ancora di più e a dovere il nostro campione” Beppe Cormio

Very poor journalism for Italian media. I made a little research ,here are my results :lol:
    -First; we must all remember that Piazza got the Modena job only because of Ngapeth. Ngapeth wanted him because he knew he could easily direct him .
    - Ngapeth decided to comment on Marshall's controversial nationality issue by saying Juantorena is not Italian and shouldn't play for Italy . Since Piazza's main task at Modena was pleasing Ngapeth, he also gave interview on Juantorena's nationality.
    -I think this issue created some tension, maybe something happened in the first leg , after the match Piazza called Juantorena 'shit man'! (exact translation :what:), then Cormio responded.
    -Today Piazza said in order to play for Italy , your parents must be Italian :P . Interesting

• Whoever made the schedule for the playoffs six should be fired. I can't believe all matches involving Trento,Perugia,Lube and even Ravenna for the challenge cup are almost at the same time. :gone:

#FreeBritney

• I can't believe all matches involving Trento,Perugia,Lube and even Ravenna for the challenge cup are almost at the same time. :gone:

thats a pity i agree.

Friedrichshafen with their usual approach against Zaksa but its not enough in the first set. Block is OK for them but they don't defend much. 3 service errors were crucial for them measured from their usual standard....

• Atanasijevic disappearing at the end. Zaytsev and Colaci mishandling the passes cost Perugia the set. I wish they use Berger as receiving opp at that critical moment considering Zaytsev was attacking nicely. I prefer Shaw to De Cecco at some instances.

#FreeBritney