CEV Champions League 2018

• Russell not playing really well in the second set but Berger has a tendency to get blocked and against the russians' height... It's probably not a good idea to use him. Atanasijevic came back which is good news.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Second set also to Zaksa
    I can't help myself, but again i am feeling a bit annoyed by watching Friedrichshafen. Not really fun to watch their lollipop serving. This ztime even not effective. Zaksa with over 60% on attack. Thats just too much.

Its not over yet but the first defeat for them is clearly on the horizon if they don't improve

• Its not over yet but the first defeat for them is clearly on the horizon if they don't improve

I should have known better :whistle:
    Finally they have sucked enough energy out of Zaksa and their their game starts clicking. Sossenheimer has improved but otherwise they haven't changed much though. But still, third set for them and a lead in the 4th now :super:

• Sossenheimer has improved but otherwise they haven't changed much though. But still, third set for them and a lead in the 4th now :super:

That is one big reason for their comeback; Sossenheimer was very erratic especially in 2nd set and almost unstoppable in 4th, also Boladz has improved.

The other big reason for me is Toniutti changing his distribution, no matter if it's his choice or the coach's. Zaksa's MBs did what they wanted for two sets, then in 3rd F'hafen managed to control them better, and since then Toniutti completely forgets about them. Sure, he gets his wing hitters against single blocks regularly and they also score, but purely looking at the result, Zaksa did better as long as Toniutti fed the middles as much as possible...

• Zaksa's blockers are going to have nightmares about Protopsaltis for weeks :rolll:

:lol:
    They must be so pissed. I really loves this guy. Such a great palm and anticpation :obey:

I really want to see him spiking against Mikhailov and Atanasijevic....

• I watched the last 3 points of Lube-Trentino :rolll:

-Lanza with a bad pass, Giannelli fixed it and Lanza scored
    -Lanza with a service mistake
    -Juantorena's ace on Lanza

Please, I don't want this nightmare in Perugia next season. ;(

• I have a quick look on Trento-Lube after the Perugia win and I was devastated to see Lanza serving at 26-26 and praying for the gods of tiebreak but let me down with a predictable serving fault from Lanza. Worst feeling was seeing Juantorena serving next and it was a predictable ace and against Lanza. :gone:

By the way... what happened to Vettori?

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Damn, Trento wasted his chance of tie break from the service line: at 22-23 for Trento Kovacevic did a useless float serve, then Eder and Teppan send the ball out to help Lube canceled Trento set points, then Lanza gave Lube a match point... On the other hand, Lube 0 serve errors on Trento set points.
    And the annoying thing is that we actually earned set point after set point playing quite well... just to waste it.
    I'm a bit disappointed for that, but for the part of the match I've seen (from the middle of the third) I must say we play quite well.

• Argh, how could Friedrichshafen still lose this? WHat was the lead? 11:7 ? :wall:

Great service streak by Buszek though.

• That was Colaci's worst game in a Perugia jersey. :white: I hope he turns it around for the other matches left.

It was really nice to see Russell stepped up to the plate with the passing as his attack was not as good with the russian blockers on him. His defense and serve also gave us a lot of opportunity to create separation.

Zaytsev is currently owning the 4 position. The passing was shaky but he wasn't bad in the attack and few errors too.

Atanasijevic was okay I think. Novosibirsk had a strange tactic of committing the block to Russell and that really helped opening the window to his offensive revival from the first set.

De Cecco got better after the pass settled down but the first and second set. He made some questionable decisions.

Bernardi used Berger as receicing opposite but attacking on 4 for a little while. I was hoping it'll worked but instead of targeting him with the serve they targeted Zaytsev instead. Maybe the passing formation did not convince Novosibirsk and considered Zaytsev as a bigger threat so they targeted him?

#FreeBritney

Edited 3 times, last by Rains_of_Castamere ().

• So their invincibility is over...

Yes, still an impressive run but Heynen may even be a bit happy that the talk about this is over now. Not about losing this match in such a fashion of course.

Overall its a good result. The battle should be good in Germany. We will see afterwards how much they will still think of this lost 5th set...

• http://dal15al25.gazzetta.it/2…triscione-contro-erdogan/

:offtopic:
    Since I don't have account to write in there, I want to say surely owners of this banner aren't any Perugia fan. In this banner it says YPG/YPJ ,which are known in Turkey as PKK, are terrorist Kurdish organizations for us.
    You can't put a banner of terrorist group in a sporting hall. Nobody reported this incident in Turkey , if it was known there would be a greater reaction I think.