CEV Champions League 2018

• Zaytsev's serve finally went in which provided an easy block to Sokolov. Perugia takes the 3rd set. Civitanova leading by 2 sets,

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• I'm actually liking him quite a lot, at least in defense... but I missed part of the set for wifi problems, so who knows

and in fact this set he missed two probably doable (for him) defense on Ata's spike from 2/1 to 5 :lol: I guess because his body was orientated outside court.
    they were very hard spikes though, to be honest.

Laola announcer is pro-Perugia

you can here him well? I'm watching mute, the sound quality is terrible here...
    edit: now that you said it I tried another browser and it's fine :pinch: stupid me!

• Perugia's serve stabilized. I feel that contributed a lot with forcing the tie break.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Grebennikov should have been substituted already. He was aced how many times? 6 ?7?

He wasn't being aced. He's struggling to receive.

#FreeBritney

• Grebennikov should have been substituted already. He was aced how many times? 6 ?7?

I agree that now he's not at his best, but what makes you think that Marchisio could keep up better than him (or Juantorena in other moments) with Ata and Zaytsev serves, among the most powerful in the world?

• He wasn't being aced. He's struggling to receive.

He was aced at least twice plus one ball in the other court during the tie break. Plus at least to other aces during the match.
    Still, again I guess even Grebennikov is 'allowed' to suffer Zaytsev or Atanasjievic serves, who made 'noble' victims all over the world ;) Like Shoji for example, also in more important matches.

• Ok ,I look at the statistics and total 6 times .
    Juantorena only took 25 sets in a 5 set match,Only 25(!) compared to 43 of Atanasijevic
    I think Berger-Russell change was the turning point of the match .Medei should have started with Kovar in the third set ,what was he thinking?
    Atanasijevic was the ultimate hero but I think Zaytsev was also the ‘hidden’hero .He has done a great job with reception

• Ok ,I look at the statistics and total 6 times .
    Juantorena only took 25 set in 5 set match,Only 25(!) compared to 43 of Atanasijevic

He's receiving tougher serves than Juantorena and Sander because he's receiving more area. That's not easy.

#FreeBritney

6, 42% positive 28% perfect. 36 total
    Juantorena 4, 48% 33%, 21 total

Ps Edit while I was writing: I recalled that during the ECh for CEV the errors in reception aren't only the direct ace, in fact I checked and Lube did 13 errors, but Perugia 11 aces.
    May be it counts the ball arrived directly on the other side?

Sorry I hand't reload the page, I had missed the previous post when I wrote this.
    So scarpetta had already given the 6 errors, but I underline the part that matters ;)

• I feel the key for Perugia. They went defensive mode and never let anyone attack in position 4 but Atanasijevic at 2. The percentage was too low because Sokolov got everyone's number. The serve managed to balance it out somewhere after set 3 and went to Perugia's favor at the worst possible time for Lube at the tie break.

#FreeBritney

• There was this moment when de Cecco bump set to Atanasijevic over half the court on 4th meter and the guy still hammered it down the line.... :lol:

They could have stopped playing from thereon and declare perugia the winner. I love to watch when a player is in such a mood that "everything goes"....

Numbers for Perugia's OHs are appaling. :white:

• I think Sokolov's built is really something. He's like a wall lol .There were many points of the game where he was all alone in the block and still managed to shut down the one hitting at the left side or cause an error. Perugia needs to study the way he blocks so they could be better for the return round at Civitanova in my opinion.

#FreeBritney