CEV Champions League 2018

• I think Berger-Russell change was the turning point of the match .Medei should have started with Kovar in the third set ,what was he thinking?
    Atanasijevic was the ultimate hero but I think Zaytsev was also the ‘hidden’hero .He has done a great job with reception

I agree that the subs worked well, even if Berger attacked with 11% :white: It did work.
    On the other hand I'm in love with Kovar but he didn't seem that ok when he was used, I'm afraid... but what the hell was that subs in the tie break? 8|

Atanasjievic was great, both in attacking and serving. I also think Podke and De Cecco were amazing (Colaci 'standard').
    About Zaytsev, I must admit I kinda like the 'hidden hero' he is becoming for Perugia (even if so far – not today – he is receiving worst then last year with Bari and Russell).
    But it's very frustrating that he can't put down practically a single ball in attack... Really, I don't remember one single ball he put down (stats says 3, anyway). At least he was blocked only once (as opposite, btw :rolll:) and did only one errors, though. And many blocked (but not kill-blocked) attacks were covered well. But Lube block-defense looked almost impossible to overcome for him...
    Plus he didn't serve very well, but that serve run at the beginning of the tie break was very good and he cheer Perugia spirits even more.

Juantorena only took 25 set in 5 set match,Only 25(!) compared to 43 of Atanasijevic

I'm not sure it's ok to compare the number of sets received by Juantorena to Atanasjievic number, he was practically the only one receiving sets in Perugia, plus Podke, but he is a MB so he won't ever be the one to receive more sets... Podke had 15 sets, Zaytsev 13, Russell+Berger 19.

I think it would be better to compare inside Lube court, since they used 3 high-ball spikers:
    - Sokolov 31 sets, 3 errors, 6 blocks, 13 perfect, 39%
    - Juantorena 25-2-2-17-68% (!)
    - Sander 25-2-5-13-52%
    Moral: I agree that Juantorena should have received more sets, but just 5 from Sokolov to him would have been enough to balanced the distribution... (balance accordingly to today performances)

Now that I think more about it, how the hell could Lube lose playing vs a team that attacked with one high ball player and one MBs? :lol:
    It doesn't sound as something that should work in such an high level 8|
    There were practically no pipe also...

• Zaytsev was only hitting successfully from guess what?!? the pipe. :rolll:

Berger on ther hand had better service than Russell tonight. I also feel that Russell got deflated after his multiple encounters with Sokolov at the net. If he's at his optimum level... I think Perugia could beat them in 4 sets.

Atanasijevic was on fire though. I think the block is easier on his side helped. At that point.... no one could stop him. Triple blocking might've have helped since he relies on his cross attacks a lot but that would free up the outside hitters so I wonder if it maybe a bad idea.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• We have some interesting and surprising results yesterday and tonight.

VaLePa def. PAOK

Chaumont def. Skra

Jastrzebski def. BR Volleys

Let's see if it continues tomorrow although the matches are seemingly more balanced than the recent games.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Looks like Boyer killed it for Chaumont. 33 points in 4 sets (+26). Also Chaumont's serving performance is remarkable (12 errors/12 aces) :white:. But probably that is not repeatable on any given day.

Given their weak domestic performances, i wouldn't consider Berlin's loss at JW as a surprise. They will need luck if they want to advance. Possibly as one of the best third ranked teams.

• I am hoping Turkey doesn't take the hosting rights for the final four. They are still not good enough to play at the top level. Seems unfair for CEV if they ever do so.

I feel one of the russian clubs should take that. They would be far more deserving than anyone else if we are considering the strength of their league as a whole.

#FreeBritney

• PGE Skra-Novosibirsk: Wlazly didn't play. There was barely an ounce of serve pressure from Belchatow and that killed their team. Lisinac played opposite in the third set. Not bad performance but it is the second loss for Skra in their group and they will have to face Dinamo Moscow next.

Perugia-Fenerbahce

Chaumont-Dinamo Moscow

Kedzlerzyn-Kozle-Trentino(Match of the Week)

Maaseik-Arkasspor

#FreeBritney

• Skra is not strong this season. They lost this game so easily. No pressure at all.

Untill now only teams from Russia and Italy seems to have chance to win CL, the others are there just to participate.

I hope Perugia and Fenerbahce can be a good game at least.

• Skra did beat Zaksa in the Poland's Supercup. They probably had problems adjusting to the time zone and climate of Russia in my opinion. Wlazly's absence also will have some effect with the team. He had a previous injury before. This is however a tough pool. The French League Champions together with Russian Giants.

Fenerbahce is weaker from last season.

They would need to move the needle with the serve and block if they want to win over Perugia.

Maybe the fans could help.

Zaksa-Trentino is the match to watch out for. I hope both teams could give a decent fight.

#FreeBritney

• I don't think Perugia is playing 100%, They've been doing some crazy things. Letting Russell hit in position 2 without anyone to spike in position 4 or letting De Cecco block in position 4. :rolll:

#FreeBritney

• Fenerbahce is so poor. They should be ahead by ten points with all those Perugia mistakes in the third set.

#FreeBritney

• With some help of the ref and a big lead and they still lost? :rolll:

I don't approve of a turkish club being host of the final four but please if they ever do it... Let it be Arkasspor or Halkbank. Fenerbahce doesn't deserve it. :white:

#FreeBritney

• Of course Perugia is not playing their best, not even close to their %80 play.

Atanasijevic was one-man-fighting while other players were just watching the ball. What is wrong with Perugia, they have serious concentration problems. If Bernardi is happy with this play, I think he should reconsider his thoughts.

• Of course Perugia is not playing their best, not even close to their %80 play.

Atanasijevic was one-man-fighting while other players were just watching the ball. What is wrong with Perugia, they have serious concentration problems. If Bernardi is happy with this play, I think he should reconsider his thoughts.

It's not a very important match. When Roeselare won over Fenerbahce easily... The level has shown accordingly. If Atanasijevic didn't play great in the match. Another player will show up in some way. It's not that complicated. It's also good to see how the bench players will react. Berger was okay. Not great. Shaw made his minutes count. His block helped close the match.

Fenerbahce should have atleast took this to a fourth set. The fact they cannot close out the third set shows there are many things to improve on.

#FreeBritney

Edited once, last by Rains_of_Castamere ().

• Did De Pandis lost his titular spot to Chiappa, Kk15?

Makes the Grebennikov transfer to Trento for next season seemingly real.

#FreeBritney

• Toniutti with a predictable play to his middle blocker killed Zaksa's chance to win the set.

Nice substitution for Trento. Teppan's serves were very tricky. Two aces in a row. :white:

#FreeBritney

• I think that attack from Hoag was in. Trento should've won the match. I'm not sure if Trento's out of challenges or probably no one saw it go in because of the speed of the ball.

Very very lucky for Zaksa.

#FreeBritney

Edited once, last by Rains_of_Castamere ().

• Torres playing great. A far cry from his club world championship performance.

#FreeBritney