CEV Champions League 2018

• I feel Trento should go with Hoag. Lanza is not himself.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• I feel Trento should go with Hoag. Lanza is not himself.

I'm not sure if Coach Lorenzetti is reading the stats correctly. Lanza is probably making more mistakes than Kovacevic. Lanza also is being used as a block tip practice dummy by everyone in Zaksa. :rolll:

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Lucky comeback for Zaksa. Trentino should've won this match in straight sets if they challenged a ball from Hoag that went in.

#FreeBritney

Edited once, last by Rains_of_Castamere ().

• Every game scheduled along with Trentino and Zaksa went to a tiebreak. :white:

#FreeBritney

• French Champions Chaumont VB52 def. Dinamo Moscow in 5 sets. :obey:

What an upset! :heart:

#FreeBritney

• The ref made the wrong call on Arkas Izmir. Hoag is complaining to him over and over again after the end of the match. The game could've been different if not for the mistake. (I'm not sure if Hoag was given a red card.)

#FreeBritney

• Haven't watch the match yet, beside the first set. Obviously I wasn't happy to heard the result... Also because I didn't check the single set partial and at the beginning I hadn't realized that Trento lost after a 2-0 leading.
    But at least with one point we may invert things during the pool... Crossing my fingers.

Did De Pandis lost his titular spot to Chiappa, Kk15?

Makes the Grebennikov transfer to Trento for next season seemingly real.

I think De Pandis has some physical problems, but for what I've seen Chiappa is doing good, and imho being in the whole time is helping him playing better (as it happened with De Pandis, after all).
    In general, I don't think Trento ever meant to keep De Pandis for more than one year: last year there were already rumors of a pre-made arrangement with Padova for Balaso from next year, and now rumors that Balaso may go to Lube and Grebennikov to Trento.
    I've always seen De Pandis as a temporary solution after Colaci sudden departure (or better, I had the impression Trento thought that).

Very very lucky for Zaksa.

I don't think we can speak of luck when a team won 3-2 after losing 2-0...

• Very very lucky for Zaksa.

I don't think we can speak of luck when a team won 3-2 after losing 2-0...

Oh I know but the situation was just too crucial for the victory of Zaksa.

It was supposed to be 24-23 in the 3rd set for Trento if the correct call was given.

Hoag was playing great when he benched Lanza but because of the "mistake"... He was sent back to the bench and the rest is history for Zaksa's comeback.

#FreeBritney

• Games to watch today:

Zenit Kazan-Jaztrzebski

Perugia-Roeselare

Chaumont-Novosibirsk*

I expect the first match to become a possible borefest.(I hope I'm wrong though) No reports of the titulars for Zenit Kazan of sickness or anything. The plusliga bronze medalist doesn't seem to be in their best form too. Muzaj is a a great specimen of a player but lacks technique. He will have to get through the block of Zenit Kazan in case of bad passes cause we all know the mighty Russian side have the thunderous serve to call upon. I expect Mikhaylov to have an easier time with Hidalgo and Quiroga.

For the second match... Perugia might have some trouble dealing with road team disadvantages after 3 straight matches that they have to travel for. The other one in Belgium. I'm not expecting Roeselare to win but they may annoy Perugia with their defense and serving tactics.

Now for an interesting match. Chaumont-Novosibirsk. I think Novosibirsk has the edge. Better OHs, MBs and I expect Boyer- Grozer to neutralize each other's scores. Boyer's inexperience might become a handicap but I really hope the French man give his best again.

#FreeBritney

Edited once, last by Rains_of_Castamere ().

• Not even a single block was registered by Jastrzebski. :white:

As predicted... Mikhaylov was the point of offense of Zenit Kazan for this match. No fault in the attack too. :obey:

#FreeBritney

• Really nice defensive play from Roeselare vs a poor lapse in judgment causing defensive miscues from the backrow players of Perugia. Pretty poor in attack from Perugia's WS too. They got so lucky in the second set. Great use of Shaw by Bernardi. Both setters are aggressive but the difference is how Shaw could get some blockers commit to him as well. The balls he sent were not precise so De Cecco had to come back though. The serve was also great for Roeselare but it laid low in the second set. Ivan's serving saved Perugia. :heart:

#FreeBritney

• It was a big turnaround. Roeselare can keep our rythm anymore.

3 factors changed the match:
    -Zaytzev's rude block 1 vs 1 on Tuerlinckx, that started choking right after.
    -Shaw's setting (they were reading De Cecco like a book and he was setting very bad to the OHs).
    -Roeselare started serving on human level after kicking our a**es for 1,5 sets.

IMHO Shaw did a great job. He had a so so connention with Podrascanin (timing) and a so so set to Atanasijevic, but overall he was very important for our spiker, freed from the opponents' block.

• What was that De Cecco? So dumb. :whistle:

I like to watch the other game too but Roeselare is causing problems to Perugia. Seems like a great game too especially for Chaumont. :win:

#FreeBritney

• I think Berger needs to play as opposite and receive for Ivan. It's not his best receiving night and it's not really Atanasijevic's best night as an attacker.

#FreeBritney

• Atanasijevic can be such a troll rousing the opponent's crowd. That's unnecessary yet so funny though. :gone:

#FreeBritney

• De Cecco is the main problem IMHO. He's forcing the game setting very bad. This is not the night to try making magics. Shaw can change the set.

Edit: Shaw just subbed Luciano. :D

• Great distribution from Shaw. Just needs more precision with the sets he give.

#FreeBritney

• Can someone put a stopper on Atanasijevic's behaviour? Perugia doesn't need a red card at this point.

#FreeBritney