CEV Champions League 2018

• Can someone put a stopper on Atanasijevic's behaviour? Perugia doesn't need a red card at this point.

Well, he choked all night long. At least he did something in this match.

I don't get the point of taking out Shaw. Roeselare was leading by 7 and with James we behind just by 3. They made soon the break when Luciano came back to court. Shaw should be trusted more.

Let's see what happens in the tie-break.

• I hope we try Berger as opposite some times. The reception in 1 and 2 is not Perugia's best of all time.

Perugia needs to get out of the rotation where Ivan receives in 2 position quickly. :white:

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• I'm so glad we won. Roeselare at home is very very dangerous. They're always a pleasure to watch when they play at home. Trinidad is followin Tervaportti's steps: what a nice match from him!

• I'm amazad Perugia got the win. They played so badly especially De Cecco.

Bernardi also didn't make the best adjustments. I hope he learns from this. Roeselare is definitely a great team at home and the crowd was also great supporting their team. :obey:

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

Edited once, last by Rains_of_Castamere ().

• Nice shot from Boyer. Grozer miscalculated that ball's landing.

#FreeBritney

• Still a nice game for Chaumont. Boyer was really their best option from out of system so I could see him making those mistakes.

Seems like a phenomenal game for Kurkaev. The middle blockers of Chaumont are just really average compared to him so we see these kind of battles usually are won like that when you have middle blockers that are blessed with the stature and the talent.

#FreeBritney

• Still a nice game for Chaumont. Boyer was really their best option from out of system so I could see him making those mistakes.

Seems like a phenomenal game for Kurkaev. The middle blockers of Chaumont are just really average compared to him so we see these kind of battles usually are won like that when you have middle blockers that are blessed with the stature and the talent.

Kurkaev's average is 2.95 points per set in the Superliga, i.e. 14.7 points for a five-setter. 18 is above the average, true, but not phenomenal. 7 service errors is way too much for his float.
    I must say though that Kurkaev was supposedly the weakest link in the game vs Belgorod - so in that sense, yes, things are going better. Especially in terms of confidence.

• Kurkaev's average is 2.95 points per set in the Superliga, i.e. 14.7 points for a five-setter. 18 is above the average, true, but not phenomenal. 7 service errors is way too much for his float.
    I must say though that Kurkaev was supposedly the weakest link in the game vs Belgorod - so in that sense, yes, things are going better. Especially in terms of confidence.

The french side was receiving their serves in a good percentage so I could see why Novosibirsk shifted to riskier serves. His float probably got affected by that tactic in set 4. They were also winning by a big margin in that particular set so they must have played very aggressively anyway. It's not really that bad in my opinion if the situation is good for him to commit mistakes.

#FreeBritney

• Seems like a phenomenal game for Kurkaev. The middle blockers of Chaumont are just really average compared to him so we see these kind of battles usually are won like that when you have middle blockers that are blessed with the stature and the talent.

Vandoorn is actually really good, which makes Kurkaev's domination even more impressive

• Markin of Dinamo Moscow did not have a good start. Kalinin had to play. There are still problems but the attack has been improved.

Skra looked better now from last week. They probably saved their strength for the Champions League.

Bednorz is unstable. Ebadipour looking improved from his downtime during the holiday winter cold in Novosibirsk. Moscow does not look that cold tonight. Wlazly had an awesome 3rd set. I hope it continues.

#FreeBritney

• Nice that it's going to a tie-break but the fact it went to a tie break is a concern for both teams especially Skra that has not registered any group point for the champions league yet.

#FreeBritney

• The french side was receiving their serves in a good percentage so I could see why Novosibirsk shifted to riskier serves. His float probably got affected by that tactic in set 4. They were also winning by a big margin in that particular set so they must have played very aggressively anyway. It's not really that bad in my opinion if the situation is good for him to commit mistakes.

I just remembered Kurkaev slightly buckled his right knee. That could have also affected his service.

#FreeBritney

• Mariusz showing everyone he still got it in him to lead the team to victories. :drink:

This game depended so much on Bednorz/Ebadipour. Milad wasn't the best in attack but compensated it with his pass and Bednorz doing the exact opposite.

Also great serve by Bednorz in the tiebreak.

Lomacz with great choices to secure the win.

#FreeBritney

• Im watching Berlin's game. Its quite low level of play though, but I like the venue and the crowd.

Toulouse is struggling in the Ligue A so that's expected. For a Champions League representative... it is unusual that they are at the bottom of the league table.

Lol I agree on the venue. The music is slaying. :drink:

#FreeBritney

• Isn't he Andrea Marchisio? He's 27 BTW. :lol:

Did that guy ever played in a libero uniform? :white:

The other libero we saw was really young.

#FreeBritney

• Did that guy ever played in a libero uniform? :white:

The other libero we saw was really young.

I just connected. It's the libero from the youth team. According to the CEV he's called Giammarco Storani. Marchisio isn't listed as libero for this match and he's wearing the same jearsey of the rest of the team.