CEV Champions League 2018

• Friedrichshafen is a very annoying team to play: they don't make any unforced errors, digg everything and make the opponent mentally tired making the rallies longer and longer. Very nice job. I really like them, but I like PAOK more.

• PAOK middle blockers are either slow or confused.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Friedrichshafen killed PAOK players' patience. They're making so many unforced errors, while the germans keep serving well and digging.

Heynen's masterpiece tactic! :obey:

• What a meltdown by friedrichshafen. Let's see if they could recover from that.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Impressive come back by Friedrichshafen. PAOK could've won but they've lost their the will to make things happen and that's where mistakes poured for them. The german club was just better at reading and reacting to what's happening/where the ball is inside the court which seems fundamentally lacking in PAOK even from the start.

#FreeBritney

• Glad to see Fromm and Jovovic playing an italian club again. :win:

#FreeBritney

• The graphic-man must be drunk, now Kozamenrick became Kovacevic :P

Nothing can be worse or more awesome than an almost a 100 year old man playing in Champions League. :obey:

#FreeBritney

• Now Zingel in. Lorenzetti is often alternating these two lately, I think he want mostly to take advantages of Kozamenrick's serve, but he doesn't want to give up Zingel block skills.
    Luckily Kozamenrick isn't doing his job quite well, so Lorenzetti can afford to often use him as titular and Zingel for a front rotation, instead of using Zingel as titular and Kozamenrick for a serve run (or two, with a rotation in the front in the middle).

• What a mistake by Jovovic. He lost his confidence with his middle blocker and went straight to 4. :white:

#FreeBritney

• I still have to watch the last set but I'm very happy for the victory, for the game expressed (not flowless but good) and for Vettori performance, 78% in attack, 3 blocks, 2 ace (one was lucky).

On the other hand I'm sorry Nicholas couldn't play a bit because of the shoulder, the Hoag derby has to wait.
    And Partenio (second setter) entrances to serve were useless: two errors, and I'm not sure I got his serve technique. The first time Lorenzetti complained that he want in to 'make his serve' and did a different kind of serve... But the second seemed similar...

• Ah, even when they seem to have a theoretically weaker or rather unimpressive squad, Noliko should never be underestimated. One of the clubs with such a huge CL background that just belong to that tournament. I couldn't watch the entire match and I can't say why ZAKSA failed miserably again, but it was a typical Noliko display at the other side of the field based on what I saw - a lot of determination, technical plays (due to a relative lack of tall, powerful spikers), rallies, plus a brilliant Jolan Cox this time. On the other hand, I am wondering what is going on with ZAKSA. Could it be just a bad momentum or perhaps the end of their reign (to be understood, the end of their impressive performances, also domestically)? They have had 10 very bad days, didn't glow at the Polish Cup finals, didn't even make it to the final, lost at home against a very shaky (this season at least) Resovia and now this. They have an away game this weekend in Olsztyn and I can't say ZAKSA would be firm favourites.

• Haven't watch it but yes, the stats say so! Receiving opposite, with Hoag out of the reception. Great reception % and quite good attack % (50% on 14 balls with 2 errors).

A surprise for me as well!

First match on court for Hoag vs his father.

It has been a while since Giannelli scored 10 points in a match: 3 aces, 3 blocks.

• Sam Deroo(Zaksa) will probably out with an injury for the champions league reencounter with Trento this week.

#FreeBritney