CEV Challenge Cup 2018

• Honestly, CEV needs to abandon this tournament and just concentrate on Champions League with 4 Russian,Italian, Poland clubs and CEV cup. :white:

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• olympiacos vs. tours is a very "prominent" first round match for challenge cup. Lots of familiar faces at Olympiacos: Drzyzga, Böhme, Aleksiev, Oivanen....

we also had a little scandal. Wounenbaiana got expelled from match for Tours at the end of first set. It also looked like Tours threatened to stop playing. But match goes on....

EDIT:
    comments on Tours' facebook site assume that racist slurs towards Wounembaiana may have initiated the whole mess

http://www.laola1.tv/de-de/liv…acos-piraeus-tours-vb-lde

• olympiacos vs. tours is a very "prominent" first round match for challenge cup. Lots of familiar faces at Olympiacos: Drzyzga, Böhme, Aleksiev, Oivanen....

we also had a little scandal. Wounenbaiana got expelled from match for Tours at the end of first set. It also looked like Tours threatened to stop playing. But match goes on....

EDIT:
    comments on Tours' facebook site assume that racist slurs towards Wounembaiana may have initiated the whole mess

Wounembaiana apparantly left the court towards cabin, after "monkey-noises" came from the stands. A bit later he returned and got disqualified by the ref for "leaving the court without permition." :down:

https://www.lequipe.fr/Volley-…-racistes-en-grece/857049

P.S.
    Olympiacos won the match 3:0

• All the PAOK fans support Ravenna in the final against Olympiakos
    Forza Ravenna!

• All the PAOK fans support Ravenna in the final against Olympiakos
    Forza Ravenna!

And all the Modena fans support Olympiakos!

just kidding, I don't give a damn about who's gonna win :thumbsup:

Per un pir, un pam un persec per na brogna e na rumleina, nuetr'a sam d'la Ghirlandeina nuetr'a sam da rispeter

• Hate between Ravena and Modena?
    My prediction is that in Athens they will play Golden set

• Hate between Ravena and Modena?
    My prediction is that in Athens they will play Golden set

Back in the 90s, there was a big rivalry. Not now, anyway I'm not going to cheer on Ravenna for the final :D

Per un pir, un pam un persec per na brogna e na rumleina, nuetr'a sam d'la Ghirlandeina nuetr'a sam da rispeter

Edited once, last by Mamdani ().

• Ravenna kept the nerves in a tight first set, despite the good show by Olimpiacos Ultras....

EDIT
    Lets hope that the lack of a challenge system wont be decisive tonight. I wouldnt put too much trust onto linesmen.....

• Ravenna kept the nerves in a tight first set, despite the good show by Olimpiacos Ultras....

Just one more set. :win:

Ravenna has to play against the pressure of the crowd and the lack of challenge system. I believe they were prepared for this as they are not letting every perceived wrong calls affect them.

I feel bad for Poglajen that was a point for him though.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Orduña is not sending enough balls to his MBs. He should've taken more risks.

#FreeBritney

• Congrats Ravenna :thumbup:

Buchegger with some very important kills in the third set. Still remind him from Bundesliga as a talented but pretty unstable player, who often lost it, when it mattered most. Hope he can grow with this match.

• Congrats to Ravenna. After beating Perugia... I expected none less than the challenge cup. :cup:

Marechal had to be substituted but Raffaelli done a great job. He has shown class when Marechal was not available in some matches so I wasn't even worried even when Ravenna was down by 5-0 or so.

Buchegger turn into a demi god in the third set. He was killing almost 90% of the balls to him. :super:

Everyone also defended very well for Ravenna and even the libero did not have any problems setting good balls to Buchegger from the backrow.

I can't wait for their celebration. It's going to be great and dirty. Despacito!!! :dance6:

#FreeBritney

Edited 2 times, last by Rains ().