World League 2007

• Finished now the secound game brazil and korea. the brazilian haven't difficult to win 3-0 (25-21/25-17/25-13). next weekend brazil face canada in belo horozinte(volleyball's city). Aganist the canada the players: ricardinho, giba, andre nascimento return to national team. teh coach bernardinho will have headache to choose the players to final round and to pan american games, in july.

fight to position in team:

setters

ricaridnho
    marcelinho
    bruninho(bernardinho's son)

opposits:

andre nasciemnto
    samuel fuchs
    anderson

hit

giba
    murilo
    samuel fuchs
    nalbert
    minuzzi
    thiago

middle block

rodrigao
    gustavo
    eder
    andre heller
    sidao

GO BRAZIL

• Quote from "paivavita"

the coach bernardinho will have headache to choose the players

:lol:
    Being Brazil NT coach is definitely not an easy job!
    But I think that most others NT coaches would enjoy having such headache sometimes ... :roll:

• Quote from "paivavita"

Finished now the secound game brazil and korea. the brazilian haven't difficult to win 3-0 (25-21/25-17/25-13). next weekend brazil face canada in belo horozinte(volleyball's city). Aganist the canada the players: ricardinho, giba, andre nascimento return to national team. teh coach bernardinho will have headache to choose the players to final round and to pan american games, in july.

And other matches from pool A
    Finland - Canada 3:0 (25:23 25:15 25:18 )
    Finland - Canada 3:1 (26:24 24:26 25:18 25:23)

Photo gallery
    Brazil - Korea #1
    Brazil - Korea #2
    Finland - Canada #1
    Finland - Canada #2

• Pool B
    France - USA 3:1 (25:22 19:25 38:36 25-18 )
    Japan - Italy 1:3 (25:17 18:25 20:25 21:25)
    France - USA 1:3 (25:22 27:29 23:25 21:25)
    Japan - Italy 3:2 (26:24 25:22 22:25 31:33 15:13)

Photo gallery
    France - USA #1
    France - USA #2
    Japan - Italy #1
    Japan - Italy #2

Pool C
    Egypt - Russia 0:3 (15:25 34:36 19:25)
    Cuba - Serbia 3:2 (25:19 22:25 28:30 25:17 15:12)
    Cuba - Serbia 1:3 (23:25 23:25 32:30 21:25)
    Egypt - Russia 0:3 (19:25 22:25 22:25)

Photo gallery
    Egypt - Russia #1
    Egypt - Russia #2
    Cuba - Serbia #1
    Cuba - Serbia #2

Pool D
    Argentina - Bulgaria 2:3 (25:20 21:25 25:21 18:25 13:15)
    China - Poland 1:3 (28:26 14:25 18:25 17:25)
    China - Poland 2:3 (25:20 25:19 20:25 29:31 14:16)
    Argentina - Bulgaria 0:3 (19:25 18:25 13:25)

Photo gallery
    Argentina - Bulgaria #1
    Argentina - Bulgaria #2
    China - Poland #1
    China - Poland #2

• Brazil, Bulgaria and Poland have still no loss after the third weekend of the 2007 FIVB World League
    After the third weekend of the 2007 FIVB World League, still no one managed to succeed against Brazil, Bulgaria and Poland. U.S.A. leads Pool B, where Italy has lost with Japan after 13 years. Russia now is the top team in Pool C, after the double strike in Egypt, followed by Cuba that gets a tie with Serbia
    Pool A
    The first applause to Brazil came from the Brazilian Sport Minister, Orlando Silva Jr., sat in the Ibirapuera Gymnasium beside Ary Graça, President of the CBV. Then, the fans: a huge support for the World champions. Eventually, the time zone was an added player: the South Korean team was really tired, as captain Lee said, and wasn’t able to oppose at its best, closing the tour with no sets won at all.
    Finland smiles after the 3-0 and 3-1 victories with Canada that means a second place in the standing behind Brazil. Lahti was packed with a very young audience (10.300 in two days, most of all from a junior cup played beside the event), cheering for Berruto’s team, especially for the steady net control of their middleblockers Matti Oivanen and Konstantin Shumov.
    As for Canada Captain, Scott Koskie, “there are decisive moments in every set in every match. The Finnish team was today better than us at these moments. I would like to thank the great audience and environment here in Lahti.”
    Pool B
    Two matches at the mirror. France – U.S.A. 3-1 on Friday, reverse result on Saturday, and U.S.A. is still leader of the Pool after 6 matches. Without captain Antiga, recovering, France found a leader in Frantz Granvorka not just as a new captain, in the first match. But on Saturday things changed: his ankle wasn’t ok, and despite the efforts of the young substitute Antonin Rouzier (20 points), the U.S.A. had a really different attitude. Salmon (18 points) and partners could be satisfied with the Lyon experience.
    The biggest surprise of the whole week end came from Japan, where the eight-time World League champion, Italy, fell in the second Komaki match on the tie break, with a thrilling final ball (15-13, net touch). Memories come from the last year when, during the World League pools, Japan took an important scalp beating Serbia 3-0. “I told the players that we must play more as a team and not as individuals, and we improved that in this match”, said Japanese coach, Tatsuya Ueta. Japan had not beaten Italy in an official competition since 1994 (in 2001 Japan won a friendly match in Italy)
    Pool C
    With the stars back in the 12’s, Egypt showed in Cairo its complete team for the very first time in this 2007 World League. Even though, Egypt wasn’t able to stop the spiking machines from Russia. Finding in Abramov, then in Volkov his best weapons, Vladimir Alekno changed his team a lot to test all his players. Nonetheless, he doesn’t think of standings: “We lead the pool but we think usually match by match.”
    In Cuba, Serbia started with a tie-break loss. Too many errors and an outstanding match played by Michael Sanchez, nicknamed “The Russian” (28 points), had the standing ovation of the 15.000 audience. Serbian answer wasn’t far away: match n. 2 was really different. “We could win 3-0 – said coach Igor Kolakovic - but we didn’t lose focus and we played the fourth set the way it was meant to be. Perhaps Cubans didn’t think we could play so aggressive.”
    Pool D
    Even if a heavy fog over Buenos Aires, that slowed up officials and teams travel to San Juan, tried to ruin its plans, Argentina was waiting with all its heart for the home debut, and was really charged up to force Bulgaria to play its most difficult match so far. The final score, 2-3, could even have been different, if the young Argentinean team had not spoilt a 3-0 start in the fifth set. Matey Kaziyski marked 24 points. The Sunday match wasn’t so similar: Bulgaria studied carefully their problems and realized a perfect 0-3. “We know that we already qualified if nothing strange happens in the middle - says coach Martin Stoev - but we will prepare our best players for the final matches”.
    Two wins for Poland closed the week-end in China. 1-3 in the first match, then the Polish experience was heavy enough to overthrow an 8-4 in the tie-break of the second match, bringing the game forward to the final 14-16. Michal Winiarsky was really a pain in the neck for China: 41 points in two days were his signature. But China playing improving is indisputable, as coach Lozano also stressed. “Though some of our young players have taken part in the international match at the first time – said Shen Qiong, China Captain - they performed well today. I can see the victory is not far away.”

2007 FIVB World League, standings after round 3
    Pool A: 1 Brazil, 2 Finland, 3 Korea, 4 Canada
    Pool B: 1 U.S.A., 2 France, 3 Italy, 3 Japan
    (Italy and Japan played 2 matches less)
    Pool C: 1 Russia, 2 Cuba, 3 Serbia, 4 Egypt
    Pool D: 1 Bulgaria, 2 Poland, 3 China, 4 Argentina

• The head coach of the bulgarian NT said that he will give some rest of some of the basic players like Kaziyski, Salparov, Tsvetanov, Zhekov, probably Yordanov. They will not participate in the mathes against Poland in Poland. There's also possibility for them to not play in the matches against Poland in Bulgaria. :( There is too many injured players or very tired after the heavy championship in Russia. It is a pity because everibody is expecting those matches.

• Just a little teaser... Is he afraid of loosing to Poland with the complete team?LOL :lol:

• No, I don't think so. :lol:
    In fact if our team menage to defeat China this weekend, we are qualified. The truth is that in the 6 matches against Argentina and China participated many of the players from the bench or debutants. Evgeni Ivanov is not participating this year, Konstantinov will play only against Poland and on the finals. Vlado Nikolov, Boyan Yordanov, Dani Milushev, Andrey Zhekov, Kostadin Stoykov, Aleksiev are recovering after different injuries and Kaizyski and Salparov look really tired.
    So Stoev want them to be in very good condition for the finals in Poland.

• It's sad that Bulgaria won't play against Poland with their best team, but I totally agree with Stoev's decision.
    As long as the team managed to qualify (which means finishing 1st or second since Poland will automatically play the final round) what's the use of having tired players - or injured ones - playing?
    It would be better for the team to have them have rest and give the chance to younger player to play a little at international level.

• Bulgaria , Brazil and Poland would be there.

Then Russia, Serbia or Cuba from group C. I'm quite disappointed by Serbia's results so far. But they are not too many point down from Russia, so they might always be back.

As for Cuba, since they played all their home games and are only 2nd from the pool, I'm afraid they won't be able to make it to the finals this year. Still everything is always possible with such teams, but that would meant something big in Russia and in Serbia to get there.

And then pool C, another tight group.
    Italy lost one game in Japan, and I believe the team who will finish first would have to beat Japan 4 times. So Far France and USA were 2-2 with one more set for USA. France also managed to win a game in Italy. So they would be in perfect position IF they were able to win both home games against Italy be 4-0 against Japan, which I think they won't be able to do looking at the way Blain is leading the team right now. He is having Pujol play with too many young spikers. And Pujol's play is so fast that's it's not putting enough stability in the team play. His play is alright with experienced players like Granvorka or Antiga, but with youngster spiker discovering international level that's a big problem. Despite being rather gifted, they are not able to maintain the level of play required to win every time against, supposedly, weaker teams.
    Then there is USA they appeared a very tough team in games against France. They have a great block and good defense to go with it. And overall they are a rather skilled team. But I'm not sure they would be able to win all their remaining games too.

And then there's the FIVB wild card.

If I had to bet, I would say:
    Poland, Bulgaria, Brazil, Russia, USA and France (USA and France finishing very close from one another, and the team finishing second getting FIVB wild card )

• Oops ! Sorry ... :oops:

I wanted so much to bring the subject of our impression on the WL so far in the conversation, that I sort of misread your post .

• My English isn't good enough to allow me any comment on other's. :lol:

But I should have understood what you meant if it had not been for my own intention to share my impressions on the competition. :wink2:

• After the victory today Stoev said that Kaziyski will not play against Poland the next week. He deserves the rest and he really look very tired, we didn't see even 50% of Kaziyski in the 8 matches past. :? Konstantinov will be back in the Bulgarian NT so the place of Kaziyski will be taken by someone of the debutants - I think that will be Metodi Ananiev, 21 years. Yordanov also will be back after an injury.

• Hi, sNeige. It's very possible that Poland will play without some key players too. For example without Wlazły, Zagumny, Kadziewicz, Grzyb or someone else. In this moment nobody knows the squad for games in Bulgaria, as Justyna wrote (maybe only Raul Lozano), because Poland plays in WL with different players in each match. The final in Katowice is the most important thing.

The most important 3:
    POLAND-SZCZECIN-VOLLEYBALL

5th place - Prediction Game - World League 2011 :D

• Quote from "Konrad"

In this moment nobody knows the squad for games in Bulgaria, as Justyna wrote (maybe only Raul Lozano), because Poland plays in WL with different players in each match. The final in Katowice is the most important thing.

here you are:

setters: Paweł Zagumny, Łukasz Żygadło

spikers: Mariusz Wlazły, Robert Prygiel

receivers: Michał Winiarski, Piotr Gruszka, Sebastian Świderski, Bartosz Kurek

middle-blockers: Łukasz Kadziewicz, Daniel Pliński, Wojciech Grzyb.

libero: Piotr Gacek

• O, thanks. I didn't know that :o Dzięki.

The most important 3:
    POLAND-SZCZECIN-VOLLEYBALL

5th place - Prediction Game - World League 2011 :D