European Championships 2007

• hmm :x
    who will still be playing kurek is very young, today made many mistakes, and prygiel hmm yeah quite not better...
    i'm depressed :roll:
    we are unlucky to ech.

• Polish squad for ECH:

Setters:
    5. Zagumny
    9. Żygadło

Middle Blockers:
    4. Pliński
    7. Grzyb
    11. Kadziewicz

Receivers:
    2. Winiarski
    3. Gruszka
    13. Świderski
    17. Bąkiewicz

Attacers:
    ? Lozano said, that he is waiting for going over of Wlazły and Szymański.
    There is a chance that two players will go for ECH. In not propably Kurek will be our attacer.

Libero:
    15. Gacek

• Quote from "Justyna"

To the polish team joined Robert Prygiel and Marcin Wika. I'm really curious what with Szymanski... I hope that everything is ok an he'll go on EC :roll:

and bartek neroj :shock: i don't know why... what lozano did invent...? :o

• Quote from "mazia"

Neroj? How it's possible? where did you get this information?

from sites about the volleyball ;)

Siatkarze trenują dwa razy dziennie w Spale. Jest już z nimi Robert Prygiel, lada chwila zjawią się Marcin Wika i Bartłomiej Neroj.

• Franz Granvorka and Oliver Kieffer won't play at the ECH. (reason are not yet known)

The greatest problem will be to replace Granvorka because only two opposites made the championship preparation with the national team.

• Rouzier showed in Katowice he is a great player. I think he was much better than Granvorka during finals WL in Katowice.

"Every volleyball player is a little bit psychopath, there are no normal people who want to voluntarily dedicate their life to this sport"
    Plamen Konstantinov

• Quote from "Justyna"

I read that Exiga won't be play too, and Henno will back. is it true?

Yes that's true ! :D

Henno was put apart of NT last year because of his temper. He is a very demanding player, never hesitating to make critical remarks or reproaches to his teammate. In the nicely mood "we are young and gifted, we are all friends, and we enjoy to play volley together" of the Pujol & Samica NT this was a little bit conflicting. So Exiga was bring into the team instead of him after last year good achievements in WL.

But after the rather disappointing results in both 2006 World Championship and 2007 WL, Henno was called back to prepare the ECH with the NT. (along with Exiga, but I don't see the point of calling a player like Henno for training if you don't want to put him in the team in the end, so I believe that in Blain's opinion, Henno was meant to be the libero for the ECH back then.)

I think that the French NT badly needs the auto-critical point of view of someone like Henno so this is good news for me. Some players perhaps don't like to be told when they are doing things wrong but in the end I'm sure this can help them to improve their play.

As for Rouzier, he is a great player but he is very young and not enough experienced at the international level. In the other hand, Granvorka is not a real opposite. He proved last year at the World Championship that he was able to be a decent opposite when in good shape. (which he not really was in Katowice)
    Having both player in the team was a way to have an experienced player (even if not a true opposite) and a good opposite (even if not enough experienced and likely to have highs then lows during the competition). Instead of Granvorka, we'll have to cope with Ludovic Castard who is neither a true opposite (he is only playing opposite since 1 year with Paris) neither an experienced player able to support the weight of the game at this level of competition. This will probably be an issue because if Rouzier struggles to make his points, Blain is not likely to replace him quickly, which he would have done without hesitation with Granvorka on the bench.

• The French NT:

Receivers: Xavier Kapfer, Bojidar Slavev, Stéphane Antiga, Guillaume Samica
    Opposites: Antonin Rouzier, Ludovic Castard
    Middle Blockers: Romain Vadeleux, Vincent Montméat, Gérald Hardy-Dessources
    Setters: Loïc Le Marrec, Pierre Pujol
    Libero: Hubert Henno

• Germany
    Christian Pampel, Markus Steuerwald, Max Günthör,
    Jochen Schöps, Marcus Popp , Frank Dehne, Björn Andrae,
    Robert Kromm, Stefan Hübner, Georg Grozer, Ralph Bergmann,
    Simon Tischer

Bulgaria
    S: Andrej Żekow, Iwan Stanew
    O: Bojan Jordanow, Danail Miluszew
    OH: Plamen Konstantinow, Kostadin Stojkow, Matej Kazijski, Metodi Ananiew
    MB: Ewgeni Iwanow, Krasimir Gajdarski, Nikolaj Nikolow
    L: Teodor Salparow

Greece
    S: Kournetas, Prousalis
    MB: Kravarik, Chatziantoniou, Smaragdis
    OH: Giourdas, Karipidis, Kiriakidis
    O: N.Roumeliotis, Armenakis
    L: Stefanou, Papadimitriou

Slovenia
    O: Tomislav Šmuc, Rok Satler, Dejan Vinčič
    MB: Dragan Radovič, Davor Čebron, Matej Vidič, Alen Pajenk
    OH: Matija Pleško, Tine Urnaut, Andrej Flajs, Alan Komel
    S: Mitja Gasparini, Jernej Potočnik, Alen Šket
    L: Sebastijan Škorc

• A change in the Greek list: Armenakis, the second opposite of the Greek team, got injured and returned to Greece. If need be -in other words, if Rumeliotis gets injured- Kravarik (who plays middle blocker over the last years, but used to be an opposite till 2004) will play opposite. After Armenaki's "departure", new member of the team of 12 is Karagiannis, a middle blocker, who was amongst the 16 players who took part to the preparations. He 'll arrive to St. Petersburg today.

• Quote from "Marsia"

If need be -in other words, if Rumeliotis gets injured- Kravarik (who plays middle blocker over the last years, but used to be an opposite till 2004) will play opposite.

I hope that he won't be need as a opposite (:

Poland
    S: Paweł Zagumny, Łukasz Żygadło
    O: Grzegorz Szymański, Robert Prygiel
    OH: Michał Winiarski, Sebastian Swiderski, Michał Bąkiewicz, Bartosz Kurek
    MB: Daniel Pliński, Wojciech Grzyb, Łukasz Kadziewicz
    L: Piotr Gacek

Italy
    S: Valerio Vermilio, Giordano Mattera
    MB: Luca Tencati, Luigi Mastrangelo, Andrea Sala
    O: Alessandro Fei, Lorenzo Perazzolo
    OH: Matej Cernic, Cristian Savani, Alberto Cisolla, Alessandro Paparoni
    L: Alessandro Farina

Serbia
    S: Nikola Grbić, Vlado Petković
    L: Marko Samardzić
    O: Ivan Miljković, Sasa Starović
    MB: Andrija Gerić, Marko Podrascanin, Dragan Stanković
    OH: Slobodan Boskan, Bojan Janić, Nikola Kovacević, Milos Nikić

Russia
    S: Chamuckich, Grankin,
    O: Połtawski, Krugłow,
    MB: Ostapienko, Wołkow, Kuleszow,
    OH: Tietiuchin, Kosariew, Abramow, Bierieżko,
    L: Werbow

Someone know why Kazakow won't be play? Injury or?

• If I'm not wrong... they played against Slovenia and they lost 3:0 (-21,-12,-22)
    In this match played: Krnic, Omrcen, Zelic, Puljic, Coskovic, Kovacevic and Nojic.

Players on EC: Tsimafei ZHUKOUSKI, Darko NOJIC, Igor OMRCEN, Ivan RAIC, Ivan COSIC, Zeljko NOJIC, Dragan PULJIC, Mario ZELIC, Toni KOVACEVIC, Tomislav COSKOVIC, Inoslav KRNIC, Roko SIKIRIC