2008 Beijing Olympic Volleyball Tournament

• I know superbobo ...... bye bye mikhaylov!

but this guy will be the superstar in future volleyball tournaments.....

and as for now..... Im glad the US won! :dance4:

if brazil disposes ITALY later, it will be a showdown between USA and BRAZIL for men and women....
    interesting Olympics .... I LOVE IT!

FINAL MATCHES:

MEN: Gold MATCH USA-(BRAZIL/ITALY)
    WOMEN: Gold MATCH USA-BRAZIL

• USA 3 - 2 RUSSIA

Oh I was not breathing the whole 5th set. USA just commited a lot of errors. But im happy they won!

Now USA will have 2 finalists for both Men and Women.

"[size=8]It's years and years of work and sacrifice and dedication. Along with a lot of these girls, we've sweat and we've bled and we've cried together in past Olympics. It just brought tears to my eyes, & I'm more than thrilled. This will be forever." -LOGAN MAILE LEI TOM (Silver Medallist - 2008 Beijing & 2012 London Olympic Games, 2011 World Cup runner up, 2003 & 2007 World Cup 3rd place, 2002 World Champs runner up, 4-time World GrandPrix Champs)

• Congratulations USA! This team is the only one who played great in WL and now has been playing the same level in OG.Impressive. Big respect for this team :obey:

The most important 3:
    POLAND-SZCZECIN-VOLLEYBALL

5th place - Prediction Game - World League 2011 :D

• It was just a great game. It's a pity that we lost. USA is a strongest opponent nothing to say about Bulgaria with WEAK setter, MB and poor reception.
    Ball deserves this victory being so amazing setter, Priddy is the best player of nowdays. And Mikhaylov was just amazing. Excellent russian product. :thumbup: Our new star
    Now nobody can say that we play without spirit!

• Setter is weak, but yours also! And only that we were not in shape doesn't mean we are not good! And referees definitely do not judge for us!

• Such a pity, at least they fought to the end. It's ironic that the two best players were blocked in the end of the 5th set - Volkov and Mikhailov - but none should be blamed, obviously.

The US almost never beat us, but they did today, at the most important match. I guess there is nothing to be done.

Grankin did a great OG, he is certainly not to be blamed. I didn't trust him much before, but he is a good setter, and we can count on him in the future. And yes, he is a LOT better than Zhekov, the Bulgarian Sheshenina.

I won't blame Alekno for not bringing Berezhko to the match, because he was just awful today, when he had the chance. But I can't understand him. He spent the whole qualificatory round substituting Kuleshov for Ostapenko to serve, to good results, and against Bulgaria and the US he didn't try once.

Regardless of our defeat, we have a very gifted and young team, and I am sure we will be the team to be beaten from now on. In a way, it's going to be interesting to see the US vs Brazil. That's probably the last OG of both teams - with these players - and they will need some time to catch up with the others - I think Brazil will recover faster than the US though.

• Setter is weak, but yours also! And only that we were not in shape doesn't mean we are not good! And referees definitely do not judge for us!

Must be some Bulgarian disease to complain about the judges. Today the referee made a mistake in the second set at a critical moment, the ball touched the block - Loiy Ball - and he didn't see, and yet we are not complaining, because that's not the reason why we lost.

I think only weak and UNSUCESSFUL teams need to complain about BS like that. Don't worry, maybe in the next 50 years you will get into an olympic semi-final - if you do not ever face Russia in a quarterfinals again, that is, because in that case, we would have to school your team again.

Our isn't... Zhekov has 27 years. where does he play? He is so predicable. He can't use the power of his MB. Pay attention to your attacks in 3 zone. What a shame! Ivanov has 210 cm and how was his efficiency? Konstantinov is bulgarian leader? Don't make me laugh! Salparov is next after Sergio?? What a bad level :down: :down: :down:
    Here we read a lot of things about powerful bulgarian team. So what did we see? NOTHING! Spiritless team. I doubt that they really wanted to win this Games...If you weren't in shape in the crucial moment, your coach is very bad. 4 years of preparing, a lot of words, book and nothing...
    I agree that referee made an error during Russia-Bulgaria. But evth depends on the team spirit. Today didn't see Ball's touch but we could win 2 sets because of our spirit. The Bulgarians players prefered argue.
    Bulgaria couldn't win USA, Italy, Russia just showed its truly level. Japan, Venezuela, China. Also the whole world saw how stupid federation you have. And where were your "excellent" players? Youdanov played as outside hitter! Where? in Olympics!! Good experiment! Where are all your talents??

• . Don't worry, maybe in the next 50 years you will get into an olympic semi-final - if you do not ever face Russia in a quarterfinals again, that is, because in that case, we would have to school your team again.

Wow 50 years :what: , obviously you are a great optimist for our team :lol: I really DO BELIEVE that it will be much sooner ;)

Wild Wild West!

..............................................................................................

" There is nothing better than this"

..............................................................................................

• Yordanov played as an Oh coz Aleksiev and Stoykov were injured and Plamen wasn't in Beijing at that time. And Gottlib you are definately right that our federation is the stupidest one all around the wourld. But you are not right that our guys didin't want to win the games. I am sure they did and it was hard for them after the 1/4 final coz they were even crying and looked very miserable

Wild Wild West!

• Yordanov played as an Oh coz Aleksiev and Stoykov were injured and Plamen wasn't in Beijing at that time. And Gottlib you are definately right that our federation is the stupidest one all around the wourld. But you are not right that our guys didin't want to win the games. I am sure they did and it was hard for them after the 1/4 final coz they were even crying and looked very miserable

I know the reason, it's a pity. But I saw how Aleksiev played against USA. He was awful. Stoyev commited the same error. He didn't take good players to Beijing as in Moscow when he replaced Milushev and Yordanov and Kaziyski played as opposite.
    They didn't because they didn't fight as we do. Remember how Kuleshov (206) run for the ball and yours MB??? They couldn't hit the ball like the men!

• About MBs and attack from zone 3. I wouldn't blame only Zhekov coz Evgeni is may be 2100cm but he isn't powerful enough even when the ball is very comfortable and good for spiking. We have to change our mantelity first and never let our spirit fail. If we succeed to do that our team will able to win somthing really important as a tittle from a big competitions, so most partly I agree with you. For now that just can't happen unfortunately :(

Wild Wild West!

• About MBs and attack from zone 3. I wouldn't blame only Zhekov coz Evgeni is may be 2100cm but he isn't powerful enough even when the ball is very comfortable and good for spiking. We have to change our mantelity first and never let our spirit fail. If we succeed to do that our team will able to win somthing really important as a tittle from a big competitions, so most partly I agree with you. For now that just can't happen unfortunately :(

Yes, I'm really sorry. I want to offend your team or country. I just never liked how some users from Bulgaria expressed their objectivity.
    Bulgaria has a star - Matey Kaziyski, but there isn't a leader. There isn't a TEAM. And only just blaming referees you will never win anything.

• The truth is that those mistakes gave you comeback in the game. We leade 6-4 and difference could be even bigger and we could have won 2nd set, but this mistakes and yellow card have done all on our psychics. About our federation - like Stoev said in Bulgaria when sbd goes up 20 people makes everything to pull him down. And I'm not talking only of these mistakes. See against Germany what "mistake" referee has made when Poltavskiy spikes in out. Referee says it's block-out, Germans can't believe it, and it's 15-14 for Russia? And it's very obvious it wasn't blockout. In decisive moments someimes referees give u points. That's not fair! And in the game with us u played very well in defense, but Khamutskih said that in finla points in the sets you had more luck. It's true also that Zhekov played bad and made errors. He can't set one ball to MB. Evgeni Ivanov is a very good spiker , I saw him in games against Dinamo Kazan, but in Jastrzebski Niki Ivanov was the setter. And he very good performs with him. But unfortuantely won't come back in the squad because of scandal befre 2-3 years.For the last maybe .. 20 years only players from Levski are in the squad. Only coaches from Levski are on head of team. Zhekov is from Levski, Aleksiev, Yordanov, Nikolov, and I don't know who else... Aleksiev in reception is very poor, in attack makes mistakes, but he has spirit - that's good. So our big hole now is somebody in reception like Plamen Konstantinov. With those training halls that we have and money federation is giving to players only motivation and hard work have made us these...

EDIT:
    Also now in sportal there was an article who will be the new coach?
    1. Martin Stoev again, although he said he done enough already and wants more rest, not staying in the hotel in Beijing and not even going to see the city.
    2. Radosin Stoytchev and his big achievement in Italy with Trento...? Will Bulgarian Volleyball Federation let him do this... Because, see people like Dancho Lazarov are in there and will do everything to stay there like deputies in the parliament. This is the power...
    3. Foreign..., and why in the picture I saw Raul Lozano ?( We definitely don't want him. He had a big chance to make Poland even Olympic champion, but his decisions... made one big error. He' s not even speaking English or I'm in mistake...
    4,5,6 are the coaches from Levski CSKA, Lukoil...

• May be referee's mistakes will ever exist and in our match with Russia there were really 4 mistakes but if our team wants to be nomber 1 or something like that, our guys have to learn to ignorance these things and play without admitting these mistakes to influence them so much. Ok we lost the 2 set but we could be more motivated and confident in the next two, especially in the 3 one.Our psychic is not stable enough and it should be if we want to be on the top. I don't blame the guys coz I am not such a person but that's the truth I think. I wish them only luck and I am grateful for all good moments

Wild Wild West!

• The truth is that those mistakes gave you comeback in the game. We leade 6-4 and difference could be even bigger and we could have won 2nd set, but this mistakes and yellow card have done all on our psychics. About our federation - like Stoev said in Bulgaria when sbd goes up 20 people makes everything to pull him down. And I'm not talking only of these mistakes. See against Germany what "mistake" referee has made when Poltavskiy spikes in out. Referee says it's block-out, Germans can't believe it, and it's 15-14 for Russia? And it's very obvious it wasn't blockout. In decisive moments someimes referees give u points. That's not fair! And in the game with us u played very well in defense, but Khamutskih said that in finla points in the sets you had more luck. It's true also that Zhekov played bad and made errors. He can't set one ball to MB. Evgeni Ivanov is a very good spiker , I saw him in games against Dinamo Kazan, but in Jastrzebski Niki Ivanov was the setter. And he very good performs with him. But unfortuantely won't come back in the squad because of scandal befre 2-3 years.For the last maybe .. 20 years only players from Levski are in the squad. Only coaches from Levski are on head of team. Zhekov is from Levski, Aleksiev, Yordanov, Nikolov, and I don't know who else... Aleksiev in reception is very poor, in attack makes mistakes, but he has spirit - that's good. So our big hole now is somebody in reception like Plamen Konstantinov. With those training halls that we have and money federation is giving to players only motivation and hard work have made us these...

there was libero touch... Nobody argued...So, referee showed with hand where was the touch. Yellow card? Because of stupid Stoev behaviour. We aren't guilty that he can't be calm

• Dude, no one here wants to blame anyone from the users or something like this! First, there were posts "bye-bye Bulgaria" after the game with Russia which I accept as impolite and mocking! We didn't, however, say anything 'cause we all know the problems of our national team. When I say "bye-bye Russia" it is obviously becoming an international scandal though the situation is the similar as it was two days ago! So, you say I (or all the BG fans) are rude, but have in mind that I posted the same message you (fans of Russian NT) posted 2 days ago! No need to exlplain that the great and powerful Russia with its extraterrestrial star Poltavskiy has not won a big title since WL 2002! I wish them to do it as soon as possible because they deserve it! Done with this topic!

Second, there is really no harsh feelings when you watch the games in Beijing, WCH or ECH! We are just fans and support our teams. It's normal to be disappointed, angry, delighted at some time but mocking posts can make me and everyone else nervous! We are a small country with almost no success as far as volleyball titles are concerned. It gives me great pleasure to see Slavic countries win medals. Sometimes it's Bulgaria, Serbia, Russia, etc. Hiding behind the referee's decisions is not a way to prosper. However, it's been part of the game for quite some time. The whole world knows Bulgarians as very emotional people so you should not pay too much attention to everything we say ;) What players and coaches talk against each other inside/outside the field is their business! We should only be interested in the results!

And last, Russia is a huge country :teach: , so you have the vast choice of young and good setters. We have just several clubs scattered in our small land so we are happy to have Zhekov. Good or bad, he is the setter now!

• CHILL :wavy:

There's an exciting game going on between Italy and Brazil. The 2 captains..Cisolla and Giba are leading their teams.

But what amazes me is that both teams have left-handed opposites.

Gustavo's serves are :thumbsup:

EDIT:

I forgot to mention. Cisolla bumping the 2nd referee is hilarious.

"[size=8]It's years and years of work and sacrifice and dedication. Along with a lot of these girls, we've sweat and we've bled and we've cried together in past Olympics. It just brought tears to my eyes, & I'm more than thrilled. This will be forever." -LOGAN MAILE LEI TOM (Silver Medallist - 2008 Beijing & 2012 London Olympic Games, 2011 World Cup runner up, 2003 & 2007 World Cup 3rd place, 2002 World Champs runner up, 4-time World GrandPrix Champs)

• well YavorD,
    If you wonder why many users dislike the Bulgarian team, just check older topics.
    We had to listen for more than a year that bulgaria will prove everyone that they are the best. We had to read very impolite posts towards foreign teams and players.....

These posts made not only me dislike the Bulgarian team, though i didnt care much before.
    So this "bye bye bulgaria" was the least i was able to say. I really needed to hold me back and not mention other things.
    And compared to the other things thats not impolite......