2008 Beijing Olympic Volleyball Tournament

• I think, Możdżonek will be the worst our player during olimpic games. He played only one good match in World League.

Yes, but he generally didn't play much in this WL, so it is not his fault. Grzyb wasn't much better, I think.

The most important 3:
    POLAND-SZCZECIN-VOLLEYBALL

5th place - Prediction Game - World League 2011 :D

If you ask me right now both Ananiev and Stoykov are not for the team ( Ananiev because is not in good shape and about Stoykov i have told my oppinion a long time ago - if i was the head coach this guy never will appear in the BG NT), so no matter who of them exactly is in Beijing it won't be a big use for the squad i think .

I think that the only troublesome player in this Bulgarian squad is Stoykov. Ivan Tasev is old but is the best choice for now; I think Ivan Stanev can play only in the national league, he cannot take responsibility during important games - something that Tasev can do perfectly. I am only wondering why Stoev didn't give him a chance during the WL games!?

As far as the problems are concerned, in my opinion, Stoykov should not be in the national team at all. Ananiev is good, though I think Martin Penev was maybe the best solution for Beijing (he is good at reception, serve and attack though blocking sucks a little bit). I hope that we will be able to see soon Vasil Stoyanov (the guy became two times champion for the last 2 years), Miroslav Gradinarov and Vladislav Alexandrov in the national team!

• Yavor, the three setters in the 19 players list for the world leauge are: Andrey Zhekov, Ivan Zarev and Ivan Stanev. Tasev wasn't in the Stoev's plans. But Ivan Zarev got an injury and for the olympics Stoev decided to give chance to Tasev because of his experience. Since Tasev is not on the world league list he can't participate in the league. Actually he can but there is FIVB's fine imposed - 8 000 US dollars. I prefered Bulgarian Federation to pay this fine and Tasev to play in order to get used quickly to the NT...but that's just me. Nobody wants to give money.

About Stoykov, I don't agree, he's the better choice than Ananiev or Penev..good jump, better block than Ananiev and most important - better in reception. Since in attack we have Kaziyski and Aleksiev in reception we need a player who is very good at this, although Kaziyski improved very much his reception. But I think in reception (of course not in the important games) Stoykov will replace Plamen. But we all know who will be the main players at OH post - Konstantinov and Kaziyski. ;)

[color=#009900][color=#ffffff]

"I'm so proud that the fans still sing my name. But I fear tomorrow they will stop. And I fear it because I love it. And everything you love you fear you will lose" - Eric Cantona

• Yes, but he generally didn't play much in this WL, so it is not his fault. Grzyb wasn't much better, I think.

Yes, but in Polish leage Nowakowski and Grzyb played better than Możdżonek. Third middle blocker in our team should be ... Szczerbaniuk, but some years ago he told one unlucky sentence.

• Third middle blocker in our team should be ... Szczerbaniuk, but some years ago he told one unlucky sentence.

This is another question...

The most important 3:

• Too bad, that any team can't have two liberos. Gacek is OK, but only one could have been chosen.

My thoughts exactly. As I posted on another forum, it's a shame that the new regulation with the two liberos is not valid yet... especially in Poland's case. I personally prefer Ignaczak, so it's fine by me, but Gacek also deserved to be on the team.

As for the Bulgarian squad, I thought Milushev would be the second opposite, but I 'm glad I was wrong ;)

• My thoughts exactly. As I posted on another forum, it's a shame that the new regulation with the two liberos is not valid yet... especially in Poland's case. I personally prefer Ignaczak, so it's fine by me, but Gacek also deserved to be on the team.

As for the Bulgarian squad, I thought Milushev would be the second opposite, but I 'm glad I was wrong ;)

Why are you glad... and in Bulgaria was quite cleat I think that Boyan Yordanov will be in the squad after the perfect season with Olympiakos and with the National Team shirt. ;)

[color=#009900][color=#ffffff]

"I'm so proud that the fans still sing my name. But I fear tomorrow they will stop. And I fear it because I love it. And everything you love you fear you will lose" - Eric Cantona

• I'm shocked that Możdżonek will play in OG... I rather expected that coach Lozano choose Grzyb or Nowakowski. Marcin hadn't good season this year and he didn't play much last time. Both Możdżonek and Grzyb haven't strong service and I think that decisive argument for Marcin was his block, but for me he's sometimes a bit heavy.

I'm discontented with Gierczyński in twelve... I think we need somebody with precise reception and good in defence. So I prefer Bąkiewicz in place of Gierczyński. Michał is very ambitious, brave and big fighter and can encourage coleagues to bout... And he always can replace Ignaczak.

"Siatkówka bowiem jest sportem wyjątkowym..." Z.Ambroziak

"... bo najlepszy w Polsce jest olsztyński AZS!"

About Stoykov, I don't agree, he's the better choice than Ananiev or Penev..good jump, better block than Ananiev and most important - better in reception. Since in attack we have Kaziyski and Aleksiev in reception we need a player who is very good at this, although Kaziyski improved very much his reception. But I think in reception (of course not in the important games) Stoykov will replace Plamen. But we all know who will be the main players at OH post - Konstantinov and Kaziyski. ;)

yop, I agree that since Stoykov is the fourth choice, he may not disturb the overall performance that much :) The only thing I agree with is the good jump he has. I don't think Stoykov is such a good blocker. Also I do not agree that Penev receives worse than Stoykov; in fact, Penev has a fantastic serve and is better in attack!

Never mind, if I were Martin Stoev, I would give a chance to Vasil Stoyanov for the WL games. I think he fully deserves it! Let's hope that Plamen gets in shape quickly so that we do not count on Stoykov to save the team ;) Otherwise, Alexiev is great and he showed it today!

S:
    Paweł Zagumny,
    Paweł Woicki

I watched Pawel Woicki in some of the games in the WL and I cannot understand why he is in the squad instead of Lukasz Zygadlo? Is there something wrong with Zygadlo, or just Lozano's decision? Woicki is a good setter but lacks height and his setting against Egypt the first week was awful... I think Maciej Dobrowolski might have been a good choice though he is a little bit older...

And what about Dawid Murek? He showed he is in a very good shape this season in Jastrzebski Wegiel. He showed great performance in the Polish Cup semi against Skra and in the final versus AZS Czestochowa! If he had retired, that's sad because I believe he would have played well in the NT!

• I watched Pawel Woicki in some of the games in the WL and I cannot understand why he is in the squad instead of Lukasz Zygadlo? Is there something wrong with Zygadlo, or just Lozano's decision? Woicki is a good setter but lacks height and his setting against Egypt the first week was awful... I think Maciej Dobrowolski might have been a good choice though he is a little bit older...

And what about Dawid Murek? He showed he is in a very good shape this season in Jastrzebski Wegiel. He showed great performance in the Polish Cup semi against Skra and in the final versus AZS Czestochowa! If he had retired, that's sad because I believe he would have played well in the NT!

Well, Woicki is in much better shape now. He played quite good in WL, also in the first part of European Championships qualies. His way of setting is more interesting than Żygadło's, even if Woicki is small. Żygadło played very weak last weekend against Japan, so Lozano had easiest choice I think. Dobrowolski could be in NT, but Lozano have never called him to the team. And you were asking about Murek: he won't play in NT any more. It is his decision. He said, that he doesn't feel good enough to play in such a high level as representation and he wants to give place to other players.

The most important 3:

• I'm discontented with Gierczyński in twelve... I think we need somebody with precise reception and good in defence. So I prefer Bąkiewicz in place of Gierczyński. Michał is very ambitious, brave and big fighter and can encourage coleagues to bout... And he always can replace Ignaczak.

Same here! What's more Bąkiewicz showed today that he is a player from high echelon - you know, I mean playing today and yesterday.. He could say: "Sorry I won't play, I'm going on holidays now. Bye!"
    He is a really good person :)

• I watched Pawel Woicki in some of the games in the WL and I cannot understand why he is in the squad instead of Lukasz Zygadlo? Is there something wrong with Zygadlo, or just Lozano's decision? Woicki is a good setter but lacks height and his setting against Egypt the first week was awful... I think Maciej Dobrowolski might have been a good choice though he is a little bit older...

I don't see Dobrowolski in NT, but it's only my opinion. He is good, solid player and he doesn't make many mistakes, but he plays without... "fireworks" ;)

Same here! What's more Bąkiewicz showed today that he is a player from high echelon - you know, I mean playing today and yesterday.. He could say: "Sorry I won't play, I'm going on holidays now. Bye!"
    He is a really good person :)

It's Michał. He never gives up :) A real fighter! He will want to prove Lozano that he should occur in twelve.I hope I won't must say after OG that an absence of Bąkiewicz in Pekin was mistake and I hope Polish reception will be well.

• I also think that Bąkiewicz should be in the final twelve. His reception and defense are too good compared with the other spikers. Equally important is his fighting spirit, which can boost up the team's morale and is something both the Polish men's and women's teams lack.

• Germany
    Setters:
    Simon Tischer (Iraklis Saloniki/GRE),
    Frank Dehne (Verona/ITA)

Opposites:
    Christian Pampel (Surgut/RUS),
    Jochen Schöps (Iskra Odintsovo/RUS)

MB:
    Stefan Hübner (Sisley Treviso/ITA),
    Ralph Bergmann (Moerser SC/GER),
    Marcus Böhme (SCC Berlin/GER),

OH:
    Marcus Popp (Montichiari/ITA),
    Robert Kromm (Perugia/ITA),
    Björn Andrae, (AZS Olsztyn/POL),
    Mark Siebeck (Ankara/TUR)

Libero:
    Thomas Kröger (VfB Friedrichshafen/GER)

Italy
    MB:
    Luigi Mastrangelo
    Emanuele Birarelli
    Vigor Bovolenta

Opposites:
    Alessandro Fei
    Mauro Gavotto

Setters:
    Valerio Vermiglio
    Marco Meoni

OH:
    Matteo Martino
    Hristo Zlatanov
    Alessandro Paparoni
    Alberto Cisolla

Libero:
    Mirko Corsano

• Serbia:

S: Nikola Grbić, Vlado Petković

OP: Ivan Miljković, Sasa Starović

MB: Andrija Gerić, Marko Podrascanin, Novica Bjelica

OH: Bojan Janić, Nikola Kovacević, Dejan Bojović, Milos Nikić

L: Marko Samardzić

Russia:

S: Wadim Chamuckich, Siergiej Grankin

OP:Siemion Połtawski, Maksim Michajłow

MB: Aleksiej Kuleszow, Aleksiej Ostapienko, Aleksander Wołkow

OH: Siergiej Tietiuchin, Aleksander Kosariew, Jurij Bireieżko, Aleksander Korniejew

L: Aleksiej Wierbow

• Hm.., the only surprise to me in the Russian team is the second opposite. I thought it would be Kruglov, but the other players were expected by me.

Wild Wild West!

..............................................................................................

" There is nothing better than this"

..............................................................................................

• Hm.., the only surprise to me in the Russian team is the second opposite. I thought it would be Kruglov, but the other players were expected by me.

me too. but i think that maksim is a better choice over kruglov. kruglov seems to be not in his form as last year. maksim has been playing good in the world league. in fact i think he will bring surprises for the team.

• At least he will bring his serves to the team.

Poltavsky will probably play the whole tournament as opposite, but Mikhailkov could be used to replace a weaker server for a few points.