2008 Beijing Olympic Volleyball Tournament

• Haha, Brazil will sure win, I knew that Italy will take one set. Oh man, Mastrangelo what and injury he got....

YavorD, I really was furious when LightMaster said bye-bye Bulgaria... After all problms with squad, with federation we played amaybe not bad against you and this post really made me... be for USA today.

• UPDATE:

Brasil 2 - 1 Italy

"[size=8]It's years and years of work and sacrifice and dedication. Along with a lot of these girls, we've sweat and we've bled and we've cried together in past Olympics. It just brought tears to my eyes, & I'm more than thrilled. This will be forever." -LOGAN MAILE LEI TOM (Silver Medallist - 2008 Beijing & 2012 London Olympic Games, 2011 World Cup runner up, 2003 & 2007 World Cup 3rd place, 2002 World Champs runner up, 4-time World GrandPrix Champs)

• Thanks for the result jist :win: Our TV is showing some basket match.

Wild Wild West!

..............................................................................................

" There is nothing better than this"

..............................................................................................

We had to listen for more than a year that bulgaria will prove everyone that they are the best. We had to read very impolite posts towards foreign teams and players.....

These posts made not only me dislike the Bulgarian team, though i didnt care much before.

Disliking the fans is one thing, hatred towards the team itself is another ;) I adore volleyball exactly because I cannot dislike a team or a player! This is why we are all part of this forum and of the game, isn't it? :thumbup:

Italians are cool today!!! They still have chances for the 4th set!

Please, don't tell me no one else watched the Beach Volley final this morning!

• Disliking the fans is one thing, hatred towards the team itself is another ;) I adore volleyball exactly because I cannot dislike a team or a player! This is why we are all part of this forum and of the game, isn't it? :thumbup:

Italians are cool today!!! They still have chances for the 4th set!

Please, don't tell me no one else watched the Beach Volley final this morning!

I totally agree to this usually.
    But if u had an idea what words were used towards russian players and teams, then u might understand...
    But i dont care much anyway

• Please, don't tell me no one else watched the Beach Volley final this morning!

Well I did YavorD.

Dalhausser's 6 straight blocks made me :obey:

"[size=8]It's years and years of work and sacrifice and dedication. Along with a lot of these girls, we've sweat and we've bled and we've cried together in past Olympics. It just brought tears to my eyes, & I'm more than thrilled. This will be forever." -LOGAN MAILE LEI TOM (Silver Medallist - 2008 Beijing & 2012 London Olympic Games, 2011 World Cup runner up, 2003 & 2007 World Cup 3rd place, 2002 World Champs runner up, 4-time World GrandPrix Champs)

• Dude, no one here wants to blame anyone from the users or something like this! First, there were posts "bye-bye Bulgaria" after the game with Russia which I accept as impolite and mocking! We didn't, however, say anything 'cause we all know the problems of our national team. When I say "bye-bye Russia" it is obviously becoming an international scandal though the situation is the similar as it was two days ago! So, you say I (or all the BG fans) are rude, but have in mind that I posted the same message you (fans of Russian NT) posted 2 days ago! No need to exlplain that the great and powerful Russia with its extraterrestrial star Poltavskiy has not won a big title since WL 2002! I wish them to do it as soon as possible because they deserve it! Done with this topic!

Second, there is really no harsh feelings when you watch the games in Beijing, WCH or ECH! We are just fans and support our teams. It's normal to be disappointed, angry, delighted at some time but mocking posts can make me and everyone else nervous! We are a small country with almost no success as far as volleyball titles are concerned. It gives me great pleasure to see Slavic countries win medals. Sometimes it's Bulgaria, Serbia, Russia, etc. Hiding behind the referee's decisions is not a way to prosper. However, it's been part of the game for quite some time. The whole world knows Bulgarians as very emotional people so you should not pay too much attention to everything we say ;) What players and coaches talk against each other inside/outside the field is their business! We should only be interested in the results!

And last, Russia is a huge country :teach: , so you have the vast choice of young and good setters. We have just several clubs scattered in our small land so we are happy to have Zhekov. Good or bad, he is the setter now!

I meant just 2 BG fans here. Everybody knows them.I think "bye-bye Bulgaria" was specially for Afroman. By the way, where is he??? with his post about bulgarian greatness? haha, Bulgaria didn't win anything. Never! Our country was in crisis. We couldn't won because of some stupid mistake, I don't argue. But I have never told that Poltavskiy is a big star.
    hahaha.... are you so emotional? so, tell me, if one bulgarian calls russian women "b....h" do I have to pay attention to his words? I have never insulted bulgarian people or players. I admired them, but after I read all messages of Afroman and superbobo I'm disappointed.

• AFROMAN is at the seaside and as far as I know and may be right now is on the beach. Gosh, if I could be in that moment also somewhere near the sea it would be the greatest thing but that's life :drink:

Wild Wild West!

• BRAZIL 3 - 1 ITALY

GOLD MEDAL MATCH : USA vs BRAZIL

BRONZE MEDAL MATCH: RUSSIA VS ITALY

Brazil will be defending their 2004 OG Gold.

It will be Brazil vs USA in both Men and Women.

:dance6:

• During the match i wondered if Heller, Murilo and Gustavo are triplets :D

:lol: :lol:

Nastja i also observed the same thing. Heller and Murillo looked almost the same. :wall:

• They are really like triplets :dance4: :rolll: :aww:

Wild Wild West!

• Why somebody said that after these Olympics Poland and Bulgaria will be dominating teams... Russia will get all first places and we will be with nothing... :white: ? Brazil will be without 6 key players - Gustavo, Giba, Sergio, Marcelo, Heller, Anderson... key players... Russia - without Tetyiukhin only... And Mikhaylov will get us big problems... USA will change their squad thoroughly..

• USA will change their squad thoroughly..

Ball, Gardner, Hoff, Salmon, Lambourne might retire after the OG. Salmon and Gardner will be 36 in London.

Priddy, Stanley, Millar will be 34 in London.

So its safe to say that Lee, Hansen, Rooney, Touzinsky are staying.

• jist, may I ask you who's the mother if Giba's the father? :lol: Really I am very curious to know :whistle: :P

Wild Wild West!

• I have to say I was impressed by how Italy played today. They fought hard in spite of our bad luck (even Mastrangelo injured today!), they really couldn't do more. Well, maybe they could have limited their errors, but I'm happy with how they played.
    I hope they'll get the bronze, at least. :)

[somebody said that Cisolla bumping into that referee was hilarious...I agree! :lol: ]

• Hi, Gottlib! Welcome back! :drink: Aren't you going to disappear again? :whistle: ;)

BYE BYE RUSSIA, BYE BYE MIKHAYLOV!

Not so fast, man! Russia is still on the go. We can say bye for gold now, but the fight is not over. We'll try to get the bronze, to have some memory about OG and to present one more delicious game to all volleyball admirers.

The game with USA was amazing. I'm not disappointed with a loss, coz we were a solid team, fought at maximum, and did the best to win. There were a couple of strange decisions by the coach, and also I would substitude Kosarev for Berezhko the earlier the better, or at least didn't let him to serve so many times. As for the referee - no reproaches, he made the similar mistakes to the both sides, so they compensated each other. Well, anyway, the American team was great today, they deserved the right to struggle for gold. Congratulation to all fans.

USA - Russia 3:2 (25:22, 25:21, 25:27, 22:25, 15:13)