World League 2008

• The finals of the competition will be held in Brazil...
    Buying the tickets will be just a sucide attempt... again, I'll see it on tv :x

• So, according to me, Poland has the easiest tasks, and considering the other groups I think that it's not fair at all.

[color=#009900][color=#ffffff]

"I'm so proud that the fans still sing my name. But I fear tomorrow they will stop. And I fear it because I love it. And everything you love you fear you will lose" - Eric Cantona

• I want to ask if somebody know how the groups in tge world league are made?

"I'm so proud that the fans still sing my name. But I fear tomorrow they will stop. And I fear it because I love it. And everything you love you fear you will lose" - Eric Cantona

• Quote from "AFROMAN"

So, according to me, Poland has the easiest tasks, and considering the other groups I think that it's not fair at all.

There's a lot of unfair decisions, it's time to get used to it. Poland is favourite of fivb nowadays, so it's not a surprise.
    BTW the easiest pool usually plays a bad role for a team before final six, you don't have practice with strong teams. This year drawing is just a joke))) But it's Poland, what did you want? :wink2:

The only way to get rid of a temptation is to yield to it. Resist it, and your soul grows sick with longing for the things it has forbidden to itself. (Oscar Wilde).

• Quote from "Nick"

There's a lot of unfair decisions, it's time to get used to it. Poland is favourite of fivb nowadays, so it's not a surprise.
    BTW the easiest pool usually plays a bad role for a team before final six, you don't have practice with strong teams. This year drawing is just a joke))) But it's Poland, what did you want? :wink2:

Frankly speaking I like such group with Poland inside why :
    - we have to pass most probably Intercontinental qual. OG and ECH 2009 qualif. (May, June next year)
    - finally not so strong opponents like for several years ago

Yes all other groups are much stronger but final four top teams from present year WL - each team in other group !

• There were years when Poland had very strong group, now it is very weak group. I can't see anything special in that (eg. Brasil has almost always very weak opponents). We have to remember, that WL is a special kind of event

The most important 3:
    POLAND-SZCZECIN-VOLLEYBALL

5th place - Prediction Game - World League 2011 :D

• Quote from "Konrad"

There were years when Poland had very strong group, now it is very weak group. I can't see anything special in that (eg. Brasil has almost always very weak opponents). We have to remember, that WL is a special kind of event

Yeah it is, but Bulgaria for example, considered as a strong team has never been in such an easy group without one more strong team as it is now.

• Spain returns to the FIVB World League 2008

"Spain will come back to the FIVB World League 2008" announces the FIVB President, Dr. Rubén Acosta H "since they have fulfilled all the event requests and TVE has informed FIVB its agreement to be the Host Broadcaster in Spain. During the FIVB World League Council we explained that Argentina and Spain were bidding for the last entry. The FIVB was ready to choose the first country with all the conditions cleared. Even Portugal was ready to get this place, if Spain and Argentina would have been too late. We welcome Spain back to the World League after three years of absence and we have no doubts that Argentina will come back to the World League in 2009".

Spain has won the European Championship this year, under the guidelines of the Italian coach Andrea Anastasi. The team participated in 10 editions of the World League, from 1995 to 2004. Their best performances were three 5th places in 1999, 2002 and 2003.

Sixteen teams will play in the 2008 World League: Brazil, Bulgaria, Canada, China, Cuba, Egypt, Finland, France, Italy, Japan, Korea, Poland, Serbia, Spain, Russia and U.S.A. The Final Round will be hosted by Brazil.

The event in 2007 was a real record breaker, with a fantastic increase in live audience (+18%), 650,000 spectators attending the matches and an outstanding Final Round in Katowice, Poland, won by Brazil.

fivb.org

• The decision is rather reasonable. Spain is now better tema than Argentina, althought I'm not sure if they will still so good without Anastasi...

The most important 3:

• Quote from "Konrad"

The decision is rather reasonable. Spain is now better tema than Argentina, althought I'm not sure if they will still so good without Anastasi...

Rather reasonable :shock: , and what become with this group - Bulgaira, Spain ,Finland, USA

Where is the justice? Bulgaria(considered strong) and the three most progressing teams in the moment and now better than many of the others well-known volleyball teams. It's just not fair.

• Quote from "AFROMAN"

Rather reasonable :shock:

OK, if you want , the decision is COMPLETELY reasonable.

The most important 3:

• Quote from "Konrad"

OK, if you want , the decision is COMPLETELY reasonable.

How it can be reasonable, they shouldn't draw the groups before it is clear who will participate. And what about the group, polish group is unreasonable, only poland is good, the other groups are unpredictable. And the bulgarian group is the most difficult one(after it's clear that spain will play) and it's the only one that the four teams had chance to qualify. So, it's not fair.

• I was writting about Spain, and you are talking bout Bulgaria again. I know you have hard gruiop, but it is not my fault. I just wanted to say that is better that European Champion will play in WL, instead of weak Argentina.

The most important 3:

• Quote from "Konrad"

I was writting about Spain, and you are talking bout Bulgaria again. I know you have hard gruiop, but it is not my fault. I just wanted to say that is better that European Champion will play in WL, instead of weak Argentina.

Yeah of course, Spain is better, but this is not the point. Of course Spain should participate, but why the groups are organized like that? Every year is like this. Who decides about the groups, are their urns, like in football?

• Quote from "AFROMAN"

Yeah of course, Spain is better, but this is not the point. Of course Spain should participate, but why the groups are organized like that? Every year is like this. Who decides about the groups, are their urns, like in football?

As far as I know the system is very specific. This is an commercial event, so the most important are the invitations which teams are given by FIVB. TV contracts and big audience in halls play big role too. I think the sport aspect is less importent. And a squad of groups is somtimes very strange.

The most important 3:

• Quote from "Justyna"

As for me would be better if we (Poland) could be play against USA, Spain and Finland. One pool with Japan, Egypt, and China isn't good for us :roll:

Come on, you are not Japan, or China to start making a team now, you have it, you just need the visa for the final stage, and with these teams you have it.

And about groups, no problem, in countries where people most like volley, they should take part, but after this is decided, these teams should be divided in pots, which is weaker, which is better and so on, otherwise they don't have equal chance.

• Quote from "AFROMAN"

Come on, you are not Japan, or China to start making a team now, you have it, you just need the visa for the final stage, and with these teams you have it.

so what that we arent Japan or China? I only wrote that I would prefer see in Poland matches against USA, Spain or Finland than China, Japan, Egypt.

• Quote from "AFROMAN"

Everybody can say his opinion here and i please u to stay respectful and to keep the right tone!
    It's not the first time that you exaggerate! so please, dont react to offended by anything posted here

Thanks