World Olympic Qualifying Tournament 2008 - dates / hosts

• May 23-25: Men's World Olympic Qualifying Tournament, Dusseldorf, Germany (top team qualifies)
    May 30-June 1: Men's World Olympic Qualifying Tournament, Portugal (top team qualifies)
    May 31-June 8: Men's World/Asian Olympic Qualifying Tournament, Japan (top team plus best Asian team qualifies)

• World Olympic Qualifying Tournament 2008
    May 23-25: Men's World Olympic Qualifying Tournament, Dusseldorf, Germany , Spain , Cuba , Chinese Taipei
    May 30-June 1: Men's World Olympic Qualifying Tournament, Portugal , Poland , Puerto Rico , Indonesia
    May 31-June 8: Men's World/Asian Olympic Qualifying Tournament, Japan , Argentina, Italy , Australia, Korea , Iran , Thailand, Algeria
    ticket to OG for each winner + the best Asian team from Japan's tournament

• World Olympic Qualifying Tournament 2008
    May 23-25: Men's World Olympic Qualifying Tournament, Dusseldorf, Germany , Spain , Cuba , Chinese Taipei

Sooo who is going to Dusseldorf except me? :whistle:

"Every volleyball player is a little bit psychopath, there are no normal people who want to voluntarily dedicate their life to this sport"
    Plamen Konstantinov

• "Düsseldorf, Dü-üsseldorf ... Oh Düüü-selll-dorf ..." :roll:

Even If I miss altbier's taste, I won't be able to get there ... ;(

• Who wants buy me tickets to Germany and on matches? :rose: :lol:

Train shouldn`t be that expensive, like 200zł (to Vienna costs 180zł in 2 ways!). Hostel 2 nights like 150zł. If you decide let me know :D

"Every volleyball player is a little bit psychopath, there are no normal people who want to voluntarily dedicate their life to this sport"
    Plamen Konstantinov

• Some new references about Cuba and China Taipei for Düsseldorf Tournament ?????

The only thing I know (and are very very bad news for him) is that young cuban spiker Michael Sanchez is forced to retirement with only 21 years. The reason is a double verthebral lumbar fracture suffered by Sanchez in the last 2007 Panamerican Games. This causes a permanent column unstability that avoid Michael playing volley. Hopefully, playing volley is the only thing he can't do.

C'mon Michael!! :rose:

I suppose that all of you are aware about veteran MB Pavel Pimienta retirement from Cuban NT. Other good and very experienced cuban player.

SOME MORE NEWS??????? :sos: :sos:

• well...... who knows, who knows :D

WEEEELL!! You know i`m offended right? :P anyway you are more than welcome :D

Plamen Konstantinov

• Düsseldorf, Germany (May 23-25)
    Friday, May 23
    Chinese Taipei vs. Germany (17:00)
    Spain vs. Cuba (20:00)

Saturday, May 24
    Spain vs. Chinese Taipei (17:00)
    Cuba vs. Germany (20:00)

Sunday, May 25
    Chinese Taipei vs. Cuba (12:00)
    Germany vs. Spain (15:00)

Espinho, Portugal (May 30 to June 1)

Friday, May 30
    Indonesia vs. Portugal (18:00)
    Poland vs. Puerto Rico (20:00)

Saturday, May 31
    Indonesia vs. Poland (15:00)
    Portugal vs. Puerto Rico (17:00)

Sunday, June 1
    Puerto Rico vs. Indonesia (15:00)
    Portugal vs. Poland (17:00)

Tokyo, Japan (May 31 to June 8)

Saturday, May 31
    Australia vs. Thailand (11:05)
    Korea vs. Argentina (13:05)
    Algeria vs. Iran (15:05)
    Italy vs. Japan (18:00)

Sunday, June 1
    Thailand vs. Algeria (11:05)
    Argentina vs. Australia (13:05)
    Italy vs. Korea (15:05)
    Japan vs. Iran (18:00)

Monday, June 2 – Rest Day

Tuesday, June 3
    Algeria vs. Argentina (11:35)
    Australia vs. Italy (13:35)
    Iran vs. Thailand (15:35)
    Korea vs. Japan (18:30)

Wednesday, June 4
    Argentina vs. Iran (11:35)
    Korea vs. Australia (13:35)
    Italy vs. Algeria (15:35)
    Japan vs. Thailand (18:30)

Thursday, June 5 – Rest Day

Friday, June 6
    Thailand vs. Argentina (11:35)
    Iran vs. Italy (13:35)
    Algeria vs. Korea (15:35)
    Australia vs. Japan (18:30)

Saturday, June 7
    Korea vs. Iran (11:05)
    Australia vs. Algeria (13:05)
    Italy vs. Thailand (15:05)
    Japan vs. Argentina (18:00)

Sunday, June 8
    Thailand vs. Korea (11:05)
    Iran vs. Australia (13:05)
    Argentina vs. Italy (15:05)
    Algeria vs. Japan (18:00)

• 20 years old cuban setter Guillermo Cabrera ran away from Cuban NT stage in Mexico. Nowadays, Cabrera and his father (a basketball coach) remain arrested in jail in Mexico charged of illegal immigration. Guillermo Cabrera was part of a cuban first selection team that will take part of Olympic Tournament in Düsseldorf. ?( :huh: :huh: :huh:

A very sad history from cuban volleyball, one more time.

• CUB-ESP 3:1 (25:18, 18:25, 25:20, 25:17) :what:

I'm not that surprised. Cuba is interesting team, which can cause problems to everybody. Now, it will be very difficult for Spaniards to qualify. It should be between Germany and Cuba. I'd like this second oppurtunity, but Grmans play at home, so they have good chances.

The most important 3:
    POLAND-SZCZECIN-VOLLEYBALL

5th place - Prediction Game - World League 2011 :D

• GERMANY qualified to OG after ystd 3:2 againt Cuba and today 3:2 against Spain !!!

I wouldn't say I'm delighted with this result :pinch: OG without European Champion :down:

The most important 3:

• I wouldn't say I'm delighted with this result :pinch: OG without European Champion :down:

I'm not of the same opinion - Germany is a strong team and first of all won all three matches. They played very well at European Qualification and World Championship. Spain was too proud (at EQ) - finally lost last match 2:3 against Serbia !

• I'm not saying Germany didn't deserve it, but I just don't like it. That's all.

The most important 3:

• I have to admit that I'm a little bit of surprised. I expected that it will be Spain to qualify to the OG from this tournament or may be Cuba, but that's why sport is interesting. ;) You can never be 100% sure what will happen, so congrats for Germany. They are good and if I'm not wrong they haven't played on OG for 36 years.

Wild Wild West!

..............................................................................................

" There is nothing better than this"

..............................................................................................

• I'm not of the same opinion - Germany is a strong team and first of all won all three matches. They played very well at European Qualification and World Championship. Spain was too proud (at EQ) - finally lost last match 2:3 against Serbia !

Of course I am here to remind you that Serbia qualified (and respectively Spain didn't ) mostly because of the refferees mistake at 13:13 in tie-break in favour of Serbia, there wasn't anything like "too proud". And how "strong" is Germany we will see at OG, I promise you personally (no offense) that if Bulgaria hase to play against the "strong" Germany the result will be a crushing 3:0 for us.

[color=#009900][color=#ffffff]

"I'm so proud that the fans still sing my name. But I fear tomorrow they will stop. And I fear it because I love it. And everything you love you fear you will lose" - Eric Cantona