Spikers
    Nikolov, Yordanov, Sokolov

Central blockers
    Cvetanov, Gaydarski, S. Ivanov, T.Bogdanov, V. Yosifov, T.Todorov

Opposite hitters
    Kazyiski, T. Aleksiev, M. Ananiev, M. Penev, M.Gradinarov, V.Bratoev

liberos
    Salparov, V.Ivanov, Dobromir Ivanov

We'll see if Prandi will keep his word and will let less people from Levski Siconco in the final squad.

• No Plamen Konstantinov?

• No, Prandi decided that he is not in good shape. Possibly he will not participate.

• Khamutskikh can go to the European Championships
    Yesterday the head coach of the Russian men’s volleyball national team Daniele Bagnoli unveiled the expanded candidates’ list for the European Championship-2009 in Turkey.

Only 14 players will get into the final application out of 22 enlisted by Bagnoli among whom was the experienced setter Vadim Khamutskikh (39 years, 197 cm).

The captain of the national team for many years has not taken part in the recent World League and won’t participate in the qualification for the World Championships-2010 on 7-9 August.

But Bagnoli plans to involve the setter to the training process immediately after the team returns from Finland that means next week.

Besides Khamutskikh there are following players on the ”list of 22” – setters: Sergey Grankin, Oleg Samsonychev;

hitters: Pavel Kruglov, Maxim Mikhaylov, Semen Poltavsky, Alexey Cheremisin, Yuri Berezhko, Denis Biryukov, Dmitry Ilinykh, Denis Kalinin, Alexandr Kosarev, Evgeny Sivozhelez, Sergei Tetyukhin;

blockers: Anton Astashenkov, Alexandr Volkov, Alexey Kazakov, Alexey Kuleshov, Dmitry Shestak;

liberos: Alexey Verbov, Alexandr Sokolov, Alexandr Yanutov.

source: sport-express.ru

• And Boyan Yordanov is also out of the squad. He's not in good shape too possibly. And now if Vlado gets something...

• Bulgaria without Konstantinov is not Bulgaria for me ;) I consider him as a "Bulgarian symbol" :D But OK, he is not young and that good any more :)

The most important 3:
    POLAND-SZCZECIN-VOLLEYBALL

5th place - Prediction Game - World League 2011 :D

• Do you guys know why Ostapenko is not being called to take part in the russian squad?

I actually thought he was a very good MB, showed great promise and had a hell of a serve.

• I don't know if I write it in right topic, but do you know the official broadcasters of that tournament.. It's very important for me.. Thank's for help.. :win:

• Do you guys know why Ostapenko is not being called to take part in the russian squad?

I actually thought he was a very good MB, showed great promise and had a hell of a serve.

He didn't play in Russian Superliga because of injury, so maybe still is something wrong with his health or he is out of form after so long break.

I don't know if I write it in right topic, but do you know the official broadcasters of that tournament.. It's very important for me.. Thank's for help.. :win:

I think it's D-Spor.

• Italy had more time for preparation, but were there friendlies with someone? About Pool D I think if everyone who looses 2 times is out from the final 4.

• 14 players of Poland:
    Opp
    Piotr Gruszka,
    Marcel Gromadowski,
    Jakub Jarosz,

MB
    Daniel Pliński,
    Marcin Możdżonek,
    Piotr Nowakowski,

S
    Paweł Zagumny,
    Paweł Woicki,

OH
    Bartosz Kurek,
    Michał Bąkiewicz,
    Michał Ruciak,
    Zbigniew Bartman,

L
    Piotr Gacek,
    Krzysztof Ignaczak

• Kadziewicz, Wika .... ??? If I were a coach, I would never call up Woicki instead of Zygadlo, but it's Castellani's choice...

Wika just recorver from injury so he didn;t have time to work with a team. Kadziewicz is out of shape -he is not a half good as he used to be and right now i believe Nowakowski is better than Kadziewicz (what't more Lukasz seems to have health problems all the time foot , leg and now back)
    why you wouldn't call Woicki instead of Zygadlo? Woicki is way better than Zygadlo IMO. and recently Woicki is doing great in NT-after a bad starts he step up and showed some fine setting during WCH qulification and freindly tournments.

Anyone can support a team that is winning - it takes no courage. But to
    stand behind a team to defend a team when it is down and really needs
    you, that takes a lot of courage.

why you wouldn't call Woicki instead of Zygadlo? Woicki is way better than Zygadlo IMO. and recently Woicki is doing great in NT-after a bad starts he step up and showed some fine setting during WCH qulification and freindly tournments.

IMO, Zygadlo is more experienced and contributes more to the block! I find they way Woicki plays predictable... I've seen Zygadlo in Trentino and in some games with the NT some time ago, I just think he is better than Woicki and fits your NT more, but that's my personal opinion :) I also think the problem for this Polish squad is not the choice of the second setter, but rather the injuries of the key players, and more specifically - Wlazly, Winiarski and Swiderski - half of the starting 6. I was impressed by neither Jarosz, nor Gromadowski, and don't know how efficient Gruszka will be... Anyway, it's just personal thoughts, the results in a few weeks will show :)

• Żygadło is quite good, but spend almost whole last season on Trentiono's bench, so he is out of play and I am not, if was able to play in NT well. I'm dissapointed, that Wika dint manage to recover, but what can I do. life is life. Our OPP are rather average, but Kurek is in a great shape, so I hope, he will be iour main force and power.
    Kadziewicz would probably be in the roster, if he didn't have some back injury problems.

The most important 3:
    POLAND-SZCZECIN-VOLLEYBALL

5th place - Prediction Game - World League 2011 :D

Edited once, last by Konrad ().

• YavorD
    yeah Opp position is our problem. it's always been a problem if Wlazly is missing(and he is missing a lot last times)-Mariusz is really the only world class Opp both Jarosz and Gromadowski are just avarage and Gruszka-his time past and he is not so good right now and overall he is not an Opp , rather OH. he often step on 3 metres line which is very annoying ;/
    and i prefer Woicki . he is playing in Zagumny style quick unpredictiable sets . he is short yeah and his block is rubish but you can't have everything unless your name is Zagumny ^^

Anyone can support a team that is winning - it takes no courage. But to
    stand behind a team to defend a team when it is down and really needs
    you, that takes a lot of courage.

• Bulgarian squad for ECH (final squad)

Setters
    Zhekov, Bratoev

Spikers
    Nikolov, Sokolov

Central blockers
    Cvetanov, Gaydarski, V. Yosifov, T.Todorov

Opposite hitters
    Kazyiski, T. Aleksiev, M. Ananiev, V.Bratoev

liberos
    Salparov, V.Ivanov

players which are property of Levski - Zhekov, Bratoev, Nikolov, Bratoev, Cvetanov, Gaydarski, Ananiev, Aleksiev and Ivanov - 9 players of 14. Players not from Levski - Kazyiski, Yosifov, Todorov, Sokolov, Salparov...

• Germany announced their squad for the ECH:

Germany

Setters: Patrick Steuerwald, Simon Tischer
    Opposites: Georg Grozer, Jochen Schops
    Middle-blockers: Max Gunthor, Marcus Bohme, Georg Wiebel
    Attackers: Eugen Bakumovski, Sebastian Schwarz, Robert Kromm, Dirk Westphal, Bjorn Andrae
    Liberos: Ferdinand Tille, Markus Steuerwald

• Russia

setters – Vadim Khamutskikh and Sergey Grankin;

blockers – Alexey Kazakov, Alexey Kuleshov, Alexandr Volkov;

hitters – Maxim Mikhaylov, Semen Poltavsky, Alexey Cheremisin, Sergey Tetyukhin, Alexandr Kosarev, Yuriy Berezhko, Denis Biryukov;

liberos – Alexey Verbov, Alexandr Yanutov.