World League 2009

• I like Polish group. Of course - it is much stronger, than that from the last edition, but it is all right, I prefer to play against some stronger opponents.
    The rivalisation should be interesting and it will be amazing to see Poland-Brazil in Katowice again :super: This is what I love the most in volleyball: full hall, great atmosphere and top volleyball on the court :) I believe matches in Brazil will be fantastic as well. Finland and Venezuela aren't to stron, but they are not weak and it won't be walkover to beat them. They are also able to beat each other in shifts, which will be good for Poland.
    From the other groups, I consider "C" the most interesting: Bulgaria, Russia, Cuba :whistle: USA won't have any problems with going trough and pool "B" looks the most open one for me.
    I'm looking forward to the interesting competition. :thumbsup:

The most important 3:
    POLAND-SZCZECIN-VOLLEYBALL

5th place - Prediction Game - World League 2011 :D

• hey justyna....thxs for the heads up World League 2009...do you have the schedule tournament and venue for Group "A"?....cheers :)

• Nice groups, again we will play against the russians, it will be tough battle for the place in the finals. It is good for Bulgaria that the last 2 games are home against Russia.

Brazil won't be the team they used to be, some of the players retired, Giba wants a rests for a while, so Poland has chances to qualify, Finland is a dangerous team for everybody, Venezuela will look forward to improve their performance in the last WL edition.

In pool A USA most probably won't have problems with Italy, it will be interesting to see how The Netherlands will play again in WL.

Serbia's group I think is easier mostly because serbia qualified for the last 4 in previous edition and were among the first 4 teams leaders of the groups alongside Brazil, Russia and USA. Argentina is back and France showed some good playing although they didn't qualify for the finals. It will be an exciting tournament for sure. ;)

[color=#009900][color=#ffffff]

"I'm so proud that the fans still sing my name. But I fear tomorrow they will stop. And I fear it because I love it. And everything you love you fear you will lose" - Eric Cantona

• About pool A I think that Italy could be first too because the US team won't be exactly the same as it was during the last two years.

In groupe B I think Serbia will qualify in main battle with France for the finals and from pool D it is possible for Poland to reach the first place but it all depens on how they will play with a new coach and the Brazil's condition of course.

It will be very hard for us with Russia and Cuba. Cuba is a team which plays very strong as a host and in next few yeras Russians will have one of the most stable teams in the world with young, talanted but experienced enough players who have all chances even to dominate so if we succeed to qualify it will be a great success. We are still expecting our new head coach and some really key players probably will give up the NT so I am very curious to see how our team will look like. I hope that this year I will go in Varna to watch some of the matches, may be these with Russia. This WL is just going to be great. :drink:

Wild Wild West!

..............................................................................................

" There is nothing better than this"

..............................................................................................

Edited once, last by volley super fan ().

• hey justyna....thxs for the heads up World League 2009...do you have the schedule tournament and venue for Group "A"?....cheers :)

Italian matches
    12-14.06 Italy-China
    19-21.06 Italy - USA
    26-28.06 Nederland - Italy
    3-5.07 Italy - Nederland
    10-12.07 USA - Italy
    17-19.07 China - USA

Venues isn't known yet.

• thxs again...but i don't really understand with schedule above.....and just to confirm,is this women's or men's tournament...sorry for the inconviences....cheers :)

• And also I am going to Serbia for watching final round 22-26 July. Who came with me ??? :thumbsup:

• Weber gave the 19 names roster for the 2009 FIVB World League
    The Argentine Men Team coach, Javier Uriarte, as promised gave today the first list of players summon during his four year contract with the Argentine Volleyball Federation (FeVA) that will represent Argentina at the first 2009 FIVB most important annual tournament, the World League. A combination of young junior players with the expertise hierarchy to face the first official international engagement of the 2009 season.

Setters
    Luciano De Cecco (Andreoli Latina, Italy-A2)
    Demián González (UPCN, Argentina-A1)
    Nicolás Uriarte (Mendoza Vóley, Argentina-A1)

Middle Players
    Alejandro Spajic (Drean Bolívar, Argentina-A1)
    Gabriel Arroyo (Drean Bolívar, Argentina-A1)
    Gustavo Porporatto (Belgrano de Córdoba, Argentina-A1)
    Martín Blanco Costa (La Unión de Formosa, Argentina-A1)
    Sebastián Solé (Rosario Sonder, Argentina-A1)

Wing Spikers
    Guillermo García (Drean Bolívar, Argentina-A1)
    Rodrigo Quiroga (Cavriago, Italy-A2)
    Lucas Ocampo (Ciudad de Medio Ambiente Soria, Spain-Superliga)
    Leandro Concina (Gioia del Colle, Italy-A2)
    Federico Pereyra (Ciudad de Medio Ambiente Soria, Spain-Superliga)
    Javier Filardi (Drean Bolívar, Argentina-A1)
    Facundo Conte (SP Catania, Italy-A2)

Opossite Players
    Gustavo Scholtis (Al Ain, Arab Emirates-A1)
    Lucas Chávez (Entre Ríos Vóley, Argentina-A1)

Liberos
    Pablo Meana (Drean Bolívar, Argentina-A1)
    Alexis González (Dínamo Moscú, Russia-Superliga)

The Head Coach of the Argentine National Men Team decided also that the Wing Spiker from San Juan, Rodrigo Quiroga , playing with the team of Cavriago the A2 Italian League, becomes the new Captain of the team since it starts training.

Even though the final date to register the O-2 form with the official list at FIVB office is April 30th, Weber gave the list ahead with the idea of generating a strong identity of the players with the Argentine National Men Team. Argentina will start training on Tuesday, April 28th with the players that end their participation at the Leagues they are playing from Argentina and Europe.

Opossite Players
    Gustavo Scholtis (Al Ain, Arab Emirates-A1)
    Lucas Chávez (Entre Ríos Vóley, Argentina-A1)

Is Gustavo Scholtis playing now as an opposite? He has always performed as a wing spiker...

• I'm always the favorite in the World League is Russia. But the first is always Brazil. Wondering if my heart is in Brazil is still in Russia since :dance4:

• http://usavolleyball.org/news/article/9886

COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. (Feb. 19, 2009) – Volleyball fans will be able to watch the U.S. Men’s Volleyball Team – 2008 Olympic and World League champion – play world-class opponents, Italy, China and Netherlands, in three prime volleyball markets this summer.

USA Volleyball has announced that the San Jose State University Event Center Arena in San Jose, Calif.; the Sears Centre Arena in Hoffman Estates, Ill., and Charles Koch Arena in Wichita, Kan., will host 2009 FIVB World League matches.

The FIVB World League is an exciting elite men’s volleyball competition in which the world’s best teams are divided into four pools and play for six straight weekends from June 12 to July 18. Winners from each pool will qualify for the final round on July 22-26 in Belgrade, Serbia, along with the host country and a pick from among the second-place teams in pool play.

The total World League prize purse is more than $20 million, with the winning team collecting a prize of more than $1 million.

“We are looking forward to bringing World League volleyball to two new venues in San Jose and Wichita and to returning to Hoffman Estates for a second year,” USA Volleyball CEO Doug Beal said. “The U.S. Men’s Volleyball Team had a tremendous season in 2008, capped off by the World League victory and the gold medal in Beijing. We are excited to bring this team to our great American fans.”

The U.S. Men, ranked No. 2 in the world, will play in Pool A along with Italy (No. 6), China (No. 10) and Netherlands (No. 30). Team USA will open domestic World League pool play against China on June 26-27 at the San Jose State University Event Center Arena. Both matches are at 7 p.m.

The U.S. Men will spend the following weekend in China; then return to the United States to play Italy on July 10-11 (7 p.m. both nights) at the Sears Centre Arena, near Chicago. Team USA will play its final World League pool play matches on July 17-18 (7 p.m. both nights) at Charles Koch Arena in Wichita.

Ticket information will be available soon.

The United States has played in 11 editions of the FIVB World League since 1990. Prior to their 2008 victory, the U.S. Men’s best results were third-place finishes in 1992 and 2007.

The USA Volleyball World League web site is http://usavolleyball.org/event/event/573.

The FIVB World League web site is http://www.fivb.org/EN/Volleyb…etitions/WorldLeague/2009.

2009 World League Pools

Pool A
    USA
    Italy
    China
    Netherlands

Pool B
    Serbia
    France
    Korea
    Argentina

Pool C
    Russia
    Bulgaria
    Japan
    Cuba

Pool D
    Brazil
    Poland
    Finland
    Venezuela

U.S. Men’s 2009 World League Schedule

Date: June 13-14
    Opponent: Netherlands

Date: June 19 and 21
    Opponent: Italy

Date: June 26-27 (7 p.m. both days)
    Opponent: China
    Location: San Jose State University Event Center Arena in San Jose, Calif.

Date: July 4-5
    Opponent: China

Date: July 10-11 (7 p.m. both days)
    Opponent: Italy

Date: July 17-18 (7 p.m. both days)
    Opponent: Netherlands

World League Final Round (must qualify)
    Date: July 22-26

Past Results

1990: Italy (USA, fourth in pool)
    1991: Italy (USA, third in pool)
    1992: Italy (USA, first in pool, third overall)
    1993: Brazil (USA, fifth in pool)
    1994: Italy (USA, fourth in pool)
    1995: Italy (USA, fourth in pool)
    1996: Netherlands (USA, DNP)
    1997: Italy (USA, DNP)
    1998: Cuba (USA, DNP)
    1999: Italy (USA, DNP)
    2000: Italy (USA, first in pool, sixth overall)
    2001: Brazil (USA, third in pool, tied-ninth overall)
    2002: Russia (USA, DNP)
    2003: Brazil (USA, DNP)
    2004: Brazil (USA, DNP)
    2005: Brazil (USA, DNP)
    2006: Brazil (USA, third in pool, 10th overall)
    2007: Brazil (USA, first in pool, third overall)
    2008: USA (USA first in pool)

Tags: FIVB World League, U.S. Men's National Volleyball Team, World League- USA Men's National Volleyball Team, World League- USA Men's National Team, China, Italy, Netherlands