Pool B: The Netherlands, Poland and Austria
    Pool C: Belgium, Bulgaria and Italy
    Pool D: Russia, Serbia and Hungary

• The Pools for the Boys’ Championships have been arranged as follows:

Pool A: France, Belarus and Spain
    Pool B: The Netherlands, Poland and Austria
    Pool C: Belgium, Bulgaria and Italy
    Pool D: Russia, Serbia and Hungary

Tough group for us (Bulgaria), but we will make everything to go through. ;)

[color=#009900][color=#ffffff]

"I'm so proud that the fans still sing my name. But I fear tomorrow they will stop. And I fear it because I love it. And everything you love you fear you will lose" - Eric Cantona

• Tickets are on sale from today!
    The ticket sale for the 2009 Youth European Championships started off today! The 2009 edition of the Youth European Championships will be held in the Ahoy competition hall in Rotterdam, next April 4-9, and tickets can be bought from now on at http://www.2009youthec.nl.
    With mere 2.50 € you can experience a day filled with top volleyball matches. On top of that, you can also participate in a lot of side events that will be organized in the Ahoy competition hall during the Championships. You can, for example, play beach volleyball or Bossaball, play games, participate in the so-called Ultimate Volley Xperience, go for a shopping, take a rest in one of our lounge corners and more….
    The Dutch Volleyball Federation also organizes special theme days for various groups during this European Championships. So enjoy a day filled with top sports and entertainment!
    Be seen and heard from 4 to 9 April in Rotterdam! The volleyball stars of the future would love to see you there!
    cev.lu

• Earvin Ngapeth (last year junior european championship MVP) will be part of the French team, and will try to win the Youth European Championship a second time. He was a backup player in 2007 (but was a starter a few month after for the 2007 youth world championship).

Only a wing-spiker backup in the french pro A championship with Tours, he replaced injured opposite David Konecny for 4 games in january, averaging 22,5 points for these games (18,25 spikes, 1,75 blocks, 3,5 digs, and 2,5 aces).
    As a wing spiker he is also recording an overall 67.3% of efficiency in receiving, and was a starter on one championship game against Paris (19 points for 16 spikes, 3 blocks, 7 digs and 72,7 % of efficiency in receiving).

Seing how he is playing in the french championship, there is no doubt that Earvin Ngapeth is going to be one of the stars of this championship against players of his age.

• I go to the finals!!!

• I go to the finals!!!

Lucky you :)

The most important 3:
    POLAND-SZCZECIN-VOLLEYBALL

5th place - Prediction Game - World League 2011 :D

• Selection of Holland,one of the outsiders:

Nr.
    Naam
    Geb.datum
    Lengte
    Club

Nimir Abdelaziz
    05-02-1992
    Martinus

Tom van den Boogaard
    08-02-1992
    Martinus

Dwin Brouwer
    11-01-1991
    SSS Barneveld

Tjerk Dercksen
    31-01-1992
    Sudosa Assen

Jisse Diekerhof
    31-03-1992
    Dynamo

Fabian Dossett
    30-04-1991
    Martinus

Joost Doude van Troostwijk
    31-01-1991
    SSS Barneveld

Sjoerd Hoogendoorn
    17-02-1991
    NVC Nieuwegein

Thijs ter Horst
    18-09-1991
    Landstede/Zwolle

Timo Gras
    11-03-1993
    Fusion

Michael Parkinson
    23-11-1991
    Visade Voorburg

Peter van der Poel
    17-04-1992
    Martinus

Jasper Stevens
    26-07-1991
    Peelpush

Floris van Rekom
    08-05-1991
    Sliedrecht Sport

Jeroen Vismans
    31-08-1991
    Martinus

Rowan Hogenboom
    12-04-1993
    Fusion

• Poland - 12 players for the Youth European Championships
    Setters:
    Tomasz Kowalski - 2.05 - 12.06.1991 - SMS Spała
    Patryk Szczurek - 1.94 - 06.02.1991 - SMS Spała

Opposites:
    Miłosz Hebda - 2.08 - 11.03.1991 - SMS Spała
    Mateusz Piotrowski - 2.01 - 24.06.1991 - SMS Spała

Middle Blockers:
    Piotr Hain - 2.07 - 26.02.1991 - SMS Spała
    Tomasz Kalembka - 2.02 - 30.06.1991 - SMS Spała
    Dawid Dryja - 2.01 - 21.07.1992 - SMS Spała

Outside Hitters:
    Mateusz Mika - 2.06 - 21.01.1991 - SMS Spała
    Adrian Buchowski - 1.92 - 30.09.1991 - SMS Spała
    Paweł Golec - 1.93 - 09.02.1992 - SMS Spała
    Wojciech Ferens - 1.93 - 05.04.1991 - SMS Spała

Libero:
    Bartosz Kaczmarek - 1.84 - 17.01.1991 - SMS Spała

• SMS(szkola mistrzostwa sportowego-school of sport mastering)is special club(and highschool in the same time) created by polish federation which gather the best youth/junior players from all over the country they normally plays in A2 . almost every polish player was studing/playing there you hardly ever see someone in Juionr/youth rooster who is not from SMS :) thats why they all from one club

i'm looking forward to see this champioship.i'm really curious how Milosz Hebda will perform . he has excelent height i've heard he is big talent

Anyone can support a team that is winning - it takes no courage. But to
    stand behind a team to defend a team when it is down and really needs
    you, that takes a lot of courage.

Edited once, last by mateo ().

• SMS(szkola mistrzostwa sportowego-school of sport mastering)is special club(and highschool in the same time) created by polish federation which gather the best youth/junior players from all over the country they normally plays in A2 . almost every polish player was studing/playing there you hardly ever see someone in Juionr/youth rooster who is not from SMS :) thats why they all from one club

i'm looking forward to see this champioship.i'm really curious how Milosz Hebda will perform . he has excelent height i've heard he is big talent

do you think gathering all young players in one team is efficient? because nowadays turkish federations try to do the same thing, and is there any other NT who does?

• Not the greatest team in the world but the Israeli youth national team also does it, all the best players in the country go to a place called Wingate insitute where they live there as well (it is a boarding school).

• do you think gathering all young players in one team is efficient? because nowadays turkish federations try to do the same thing, and is there any other NT who does?

well i'm not a big fan of this system. IMO those young players should train in a normal clubs with some experiance player from whom they can learn something and the next thing is coaching . like for example Italy there a lot great coaches but in POland there's just a few and most of them work with seniors. bad coaching is case specially with female teams

Anyone can support a team that is winning - it takes no courage. But to
    stand behind a team to defend a team when it is down and really needs
    you, that takes a lot of courage.

• France is having more or less the same system.

For example 8 out of the 12 2007 youth European champions were training together at the CNVB (Centre national du Volley Ball). They were 9 out of the 12 2008 Junior European champions in the CNVB.

But things changed a little bit this year, with the CNVB now being more a project for the junior than the youth.

Since last october, the CNVB is playing in french pro B championship (curent ranking is 7 out of 14 clubs). 8 of the 15 CNVB player were part of the 2008 Junior European Championship team, but the two best players, Earvin Ngapeth and Guillaume Quesque signed contracts with Tours and left.*
    Next year, the CNVB will compete in french N1 championship (the best of the not pro division) - whatever its rank would be this year - and will start a new cycle with the best players born in 1991/1992, otherwise: most of those who are going to compete at the Rotterdam championships. And for the 2010/2011 the team would be back in pro B (whatever the 2009/2010 ranking will be). So the CNVB is now planning to take (more or less) 1st year juniors, make them play together in N1 for one year, then in pro B for the second year, so they can compete against better teams on their second year.

Of course, things are a little bit more complicated. Mickael Accambray is already playing with the CNVB but is born in 1991, he will therefore be part of the youth team for the championship.

* The coming of Quesque was quite a problem because Tours broke some kind of gentleman agreement of not recruiting CNVB players before they complete their 3 year formation with the team. (Surpisingly Ngapeth was not planned to be part of the 2008-2009 CNVB team, and he was able to sign without any problem with Tours - whose coach is his own father ! There was an other problem with Ngapeth though, because it was not allowed for underage player to compete in pro A, and Ngapeth only turned 18 in februar 2009, but the french federation droped this stupid rule so he could compete with Tours the whole season)

• Some matches of the YECH to be aired live via Internet
    The matches of the CEV Youth European Championships 2009 – which are scheduled to start out this coming weekend at the Ahoy competition hall in Rotterdam – to be played on court 1 will be broadcast live and for free via Internet. Every day four matches will be available at http://www.volleybal.tv

>>Schedule<<

• Thanks Justyna, I am very interested in seeing this Ngapeth guy Armel was talking about

• .04.2009 13.00 uur 1 A 1 Wit-Rusland – Spanje
    15.00 uur 2 B 1 Polen – Oostenrijk
    18.00 uur 3 C 1 Bulgarije – Italië
    20.00 uur 4 D 1 Servië – Hongarije

Today the EK wil started and the live matches on volleybal.tv are all the mens games. Enjoy it!!!