Spain
    Algeria

Pool D
    Brazil
    Russia
    Poland
    India

• what a hard group 8)

• Pool D. Well, hard group. Polish team lost yesterday against India 3:2. Well...they really fought! But Indians are definitely more experienced. Honestly, they shouldn't play in this World Champioships! They're definitley not 17, 18 or even 19 ! Some of them looks definitley more than 25-year-old ! Have u seen their pics? Damn, I'm so angry! We lost against seniors!! It shouldn't happend!
    Look at him! ---> http://www.fivb.org/EN/Volleyb…BY2009&Team=IND&No=124494 Is he really 18?! He's more than 20! Definitely!
    And him. http://www.fivb.org/EN/Volleyb…BY2009&Team=IND&No=125096
    They should play in seniors team! Ehh...nevermind.
    Today We'll play against Russia. We should beat them. We won all friendly matches against them, so we can win today too. I hope we'll do it! Do boju Polsko!!!

• The team is relying far too much on Earvin Ngapeth and he is not in perfect shape (suffering from a contracture, from what I read).

Since Spain and Argentina are both pretty good teams, it's quite difficult for the young french to match with them. :(

• India and Iran(right now especially India) r soooo ehh....crooks! They're more than 20(some of them even more than 25) for sure!! This is so unfair! Why We have to play with SENIORS? Isn't it Youth World Cup? Daaamn! They're so crooks!
    I hate crooks! :mad:

• Poland lost against Russia. 3:1 ;(
    Guys, what's goin' on?! Recently We won against Russia 2 times in row!

• Poland lost against Russia. 3:1 ;(
    Guys, what's goin' on?! Recently We won against Russia 2 times in row!

On last EC Russia also won in bronze medal match. Seems like in all important games Russia prevail over Poland. So India and Russia already advanced to medals round after 2 rounds.

• Raul,
    I agree with u. We're worse than Russia in important matches....unfortunately. It's not becuz, we're worse, as a players, as a team, it's not becuz we don't have such skills like Russia. I think We just play much worse than normally, when we have to fight under pressure. We're doin' to many errors, sometimes we're like paralyzed.
    I remember our last matches against russian team. We won most of them.
    We just lost last match, but after a fight! Yesterday, We played well just in 3rd set. I thought after 3rd set, we'll play much better, than in previous sets, I thought that, we'll fight! We didn't even fight. We gave them that last set without fight!
    We lost that match because of our errors. It wasn't the same Poland like in previous matches against Russia.
    We played terrible! Today We'll play against Brazli. Match without pressure, I think. I won't write, that We should win this match. I wrote it yesterday or day before yesterday, and We lost. Nevermind, now We'll play just for 9-16 places.
    At least Serbia won against USA 3:0 :)

• The team is relying far too much on Earvin Ngapeth and he is not in perfect shape (suffering from a contracture, from what I read).

Since Spain and Argentina are both pretty good teams, it's quite difficult for the young french to match with them. :(

It is very easy to see from personal stats. He didnt play vs Algeria, is he coming home, will he play in further competition??? Tnx

• I don't know.
    Maybe the coach just rested him against Algeria so he could be in better shape for the last games. Maybe he won't play anymore in this competition.

• I don't know.
    Maybe the coach just rested him against Algeria so he could be in better shape for the last games. Maybe he won't play anymore in this competition.

He played today and lost to Japan, 3-0, it is not so normal :what: :what: :what: :what: :wacko:

• Serbia claims Boys Youth title on first attempt
    First-time participant Serbia made an impressive debut by winning the 2009 FIVB Boys’ Championship with a 25-22, 20-25, 17-25, 25-20, 15-11 victory over Iran at Palazzo del Turismo in Jesolo on Sunday.

Dusan Petkovic, who replaced injured star Uros Kovacevic halfway through the second set, scored the final point for Serbia and finished with 11 important points.
    Aleksandar Atanasijevic, selected as the Most Valuable Player, paced the Serbian offense with 24 points, while Vuk Milutinovic finished with 15, including four blocks. Milan Peric added 14 and Nemanja Opacic contributed three aces and two blocks. Purya Fayazi topped Iran with 19 points and Amir Ghafour collected 16.
    The Serbians won the match and the gold medal despite committing 31 errors, 12 more than their opponents.
    “It was the most difficult match in my life,” said Atanasijevic. “Even when we lost Uros Kovacevic in the second set because if his injury (neck) we felt that we could win. He was sitting on the bench and was crying, so we wanted to win for him. And for our country it was a historic success.”
    The gold medals were presented by FIVB Executive Vice President Habu Ahmed Gumel, who was accompanied by Italian Volleyball Federation President Carlo Magri.

Bronze medal match
    Argentina beat Russia in straight sets to win the bronze medal at the tournament. The score was 25-22, 30-28, 25-22 with Argentina also prevailing 15-13 in the blocking battle.
    The bronze medal is a team-best for Argentina who fell short of a podium finish in 2005 and 2007 in Algeria and Mexico, where they placed fourth.
    Gonzalo Quiroga led the winners with 17 points, including five blocks, and Ivan Castellani added 16 with three blocks. Gustavo Vacas contributed 9 points to the triumph and Sebastian Sole had four blocks among his 8 points. Russian Ivan Nikishin led all scorers with 20 points and Oleg Tsentalovich had 14.
    “We have been working hard for the past two years and are really proud as we managed to bring a medal back to our country,” said captain Sole.
    “It is the first time Argentina has won a medal in the Youth World Championship,” added Coach Fabian Muraco. “We managed to play a high-level match and I am really proud of my guys.”

Fifth Place
    Francisco Ruiz scored a match-high 27 points inleading Spain to a four-set win over Tunisia by a score of 25-15, 25-15, 23-25, 25-18. Spain blanked Tunisia 10-0 in the aces category.
    Lefthander Jorge Almansa contributed to the victory by recording 18 points and Ruiz Borja had a 10-point game with four blocks and four aces. Pablo Bugallo had five blocks and seven points in the winning effort. Mohamed Ben Abdallah topped Tunisia with 16 and Mohamed Ben Othmen and Brahim Besbes had 13 and 11, respectively.

Seventh Place
    India defeated Italy 3-1 (26-28, 25-23, 25-21, 25-16) to finish seventh at the tournament.
    Chiristoper Jhon paced India with 19 points, all in attacks. Mann Omveer added 17, T.D. Ravikumar had 15 and Singh Navjit contributed 14 points with four blocks. Setter Singh Ranjit had five blocks.
    Italian Luca Vettori, the leading scorer of the tournament, collected 23 points. Michele Fedrizzi had 15, Daniele Mazzone added 13 with 6 blocks and Alessandro Preti contributed 10 tallies.

Final Positions
    1. Serbia
    2. Iran
    3. Argentina
    4. Russia
    5. Spain
    6. Tunisia
    7. India
    8. Italy
    9. Brazil
    10. United States
    11. Poland