Asian Men's Club Volleyball Championship 2009

• I saw yesterday the match between UZB and QAT. The match was boring but what suprised me was that Igor Omrcen and Leonel Marshall played for Al Arabi. A team of Qatar. Can someone tell my why?

• For the same reason why, for example, Smilen Mlyakov from AZS Czestochowa went to Lebanon to become a champion with a local club. The championships in countries like Lebanon, Qatar, Uzbekistan, etc. finish 1-2 months after the play-off phases in most of the European leagues. That's why players who can arrange a transfer for 1-2 months in such teams usually earn a lot of money there! Nothing more! It's all about financial benefits :) Take for example US NT players (Priddy, Anderson, Rooney) or Vladimir Nikolov (in the past) and now Daniel Milushev from the Bulgarian NT who go to play in Japan or Korea because of the great salaries they are offered. The seasons in Japan and Korea last 3-4 months only, so they can always join another club later :) and usually do not spend there more than a year because they are transfered then back to an European team somewhere. Another example is Allan van de Loo who only joined Friedrichshafen during the winter because he was playing in Qatar (if I am not mistaken) before that...