- Japan
    - Brazil
    - Poland
    - Iran
    - Cuba
    - Egypt (wild card)

http://www.fivb.org/en/Infomed…B.asp?No=22586&Language=0

http://www.fivb.org/visasp/ShowImage.aspx?No=200696411

• i've always found this tournament to be so pointless. i mean who cares about it?? there's no points to ranking from this tournament players are in bad shape after continental championships most league started already at this time so they have to stop and then starts again.

Anyone can support a team that is winning - it takes no courage. But to
    stand behind a team to defend a team when it is down and really needs
    you, that takes a lot of courage.

• This is tournament for people from Japan, so that they could watch the best teams (but do they really care about it?). I don't see any other reasons for this event...

The most important 3:
    POLAND-SZCZECIN-VOLLEYBALL

5th place - Prediction Game - World League 2011 :D

• This is tournament for people from Japan, so that they could watch the best teams (but do they really care about it?). I don't see any other reasons for this event...

match against Brazil and maybe USA or Cuba !

(I don't think such games are everyday ...)

• It seems that now Iran got the asian spot, since they were vice-champions, losing only to Japan. That's a huge accomplish for those guys. Let's see now where their level stands.

• I'm in Osaka Japan at the moment. Does anybody know how to get tickets to watch the Champions Cup?

Thanks!

Looks like tickets are "now on sale" at Japanese Volleyball Association web page but it's in Janapese language (most probably they're not expecting foreign fans :what:

http://www.jva.or.jp/

• polish rooster for this tournament

Setters

Paweł Woicki, Grzegorz Łomacz

Spikers

Piotr Gruszka, Jakub Jarosz, Marcel Gromadowski

Receiver

Bartosz Kurek, Michał Bąkiewicz, Zbigniew Bartman, Michał Ruciak,

MB

Daniel Pliński, Marcin Możdżonek, Piotr Nowakowski,

Libero:

Piotr Gacek, Krzysztof Ignaczak

so it's basicly the same 14 which won ECH only Zagumny is missing . but i dunno the reason of his absance

Anyone can support a team that is winning - it takes no courage. But to
    stand behind a team to defend a team when it is down and really needs
    you, that takes a lot of courage.

• only Zagumny is missing . but i dunno the reason of his absance

Probably busy with the Panathinaikos...

• I'm in Osaka Japan at the moment. Does anybody know how to get tickets to watch the Champions Cup?

Thanks!

Tickets are usually sold at play guides : ticket pia, lawson ticket and e-plus.

At this moment, ticket of men's match in Osaka is still available for all seat classes, all days, so I think you can buy it on the day at the hall.
    In case only a few tickets are sold on the day, I recommend you to go earlier.

If you want to get a ticket in advance, try to call play guide : 0570-02-9111 -> 9#.
    Some operators seem to be able to speak English.

Reference URL:
    http://evess.net/?p=145

• Probably busy with the Panathinaikos...

Greeks don't want to let him go :roll: I'm very angry with that :mad: It is a big "only" for Poland. With all the respect to Woicki and Łomacz, they don't have Zagumny's class. As Verbov said with an interview: "Zagumny is 50% worth of Polish team". Well, maybe he exagegrated, but there is something in that for sure...

The most important 3:

• Greeks don't want to let him go :roll: I'm very angry with that :mad:

Well, they are paying him, and he is probably as important (if not more)t for the Panathinaikos than for the NT.

Volleyball players are paid 12 months a year by their clubs and are already playing for their NT for 5 of these 12 months.
    FIVB organizing NT competitions out of the may to september period is simply a provocation. And nobody should be surprised with the fact that some clubs don't want to let their key players go.

• Well, they are paying him, and he is probably as important (if not more)t for the Panathinaikos than for the NT.

Volleyball players are paid 12 months a year by their clubs and are already playing for their NT for 5 of these 12 months.
    FIVB organizing NT competitions out of the may to september period is simply a provocation. And nobody should be surprised with the fact that some clubs don't want to let their key players go.

Of course, I'm not surprised. I'm just angry ^^

The most important 3:

• Greeks don't want to let him go I'm very angry with that

And you probably shouldn't be because it seems it's not their fault. Zagumny said it was for personal reasons that he will be absent, didn't mention that Panathinaikos don't want to let him go. I'm not sure if they even could stop him. It's an official FIVB tournament, and they can't really force him to stay. What can they do, put him on the bench as a punishment ? Terminate his contract ? Let's be serious here, he's their biggest star ;)

• And you probably shouldn't be because it seems it's not their fault. Zagumny said it was for personal reasons that he will be absent, didn't mention that Panathinaikos don't want to let him go. I'm not sure if they even could stop him. It's an official FIVB tournament, and they can't really force him to stay. What can they do, put him on the bench as a punishment ? Terminate his contract ? Let's be serious here, he's their biggest star ;)

I read somwhere, that it was because of Panathinaikos, but I suppose it could have been some rumours. If Zagumny has some personal problems - it is completely different case.

The most important 3:

• I read somwhere, that it was because of Panathinaikos, but I suppose it could have been some rumours. If Zagumny has some personal problems - it is completely different case.

Yeah, I've just read an interview with Castellani. It seems that they aren't really problems, just his wife is pregnant and he's got additional responsibilities. I read an interview with Zagumny earlier and he said that there are some personal matters, but he didn't want to elaborate on that.