Grand Champions Cup 2009 - Japan

• I'm a little bit surprised with Iranian victory over Egypt.

why ? Egypt is not a world class team.

Iranian players were very nervous today but finally they took their revenge.

Tomorrow's match is mission impossible to Iran , I just hope we play our best and really show ourselves and everyone else that we are not a weak team.

• oh Poland Poland...
    this tournament will be march through hell for us :lol: i don't really get upset by this defeat cus i always say that this is probably the most pointless tournament .Japan had lots of time to prepare for this tournamen they are playing at home so they might be dangerous :) congratulation for them they have great opportunity to grab a medal if they win with Egypt and Iran they will probably be 3rd(i really doubt we can win with Cuba or Brasil in this squad and with such a short time of preperation for this tournament(3 days)

so if my excpectation will work out we will be first european champion without medal on this tournament :cup: :lol:

Anyone can support a team that is winning - it takes no courage. But to
    stand behind a team to defend a team when it is down and really needs
    you, that takes a lot of courage.

• Poland vs Cuba- 1:3 :thumbdown:
    (25:22, 18:25, 18:25, 22:25)

Polska: Nowakowski, Łomacz, Ruciak, Jarosz, Możdzonek, Kurek, Ignaczak (L), Bartman, Bąkieiwcz, Pliński.

Kuba: Sanchez, Camejo, Leon, Hierrezuelo, Simon, Leal, Gutierrez (libero) Hernandez
    Hmm...We're nothing without Zagumny. That's all what I can write after this match. Łomacz :mad: He set terrible today. He has still soooo many things to learn. He's not ready for NT...yet.
    Cuba :obey: What a wonderful team. They're simply amazing! So strong, so quick, just wonderful!

They'll be the best team in the world. They have sooo big potential!

Amazing team...

• Yeah, today Cuba won very deservedly! It's true Poland without Zagumny is a different team, there seems to be no motivation, the game is just going monotonous. No spirit from Kurek, but, of course, he is very tired, both options for the opposite position are not world class, it's obvious they lack experience even though Jarosz played well today.

I also watched Egypt - Japan. Well, I saw why Egypt lost to Iran yesterday, and, most probably, why Egypt is not going to win a game in this tournament.. They are making too many mistakes, they received very badly in the opening set, sent many attacks outside the Japanese field and lost too many serves. They have relatively good players, far better, in my opinion, than the Iranians, but they play as a team that has not practiced much together! Egypt needs 1-2 good middle-blockers to form a competitive squad, otherwise Ahmed Abdalla is a great setter, Fathy and Badawy are doing great in 4, Salah is most of the time performing well on the diagonal, but they need more consistency to make a good tournament. The Japanese, on the other side, have indeed prepared well for this tournament and are very close to the medals. Shimizu is unstoppable and overall the team might take advantage of the problems that Poland have to take medals for the first time in WG Champions Cup. The only Japanese player who is not in top shape right now is probably Gottsu (Yusuke Ishijima), but I don't know the reasons for this. He is very good and I am sure he will show it against Brazil and Cuba :)

• why ? Egypt is not a world class team.

Neither is Iran :) And they have been in more international events lately, than Iran. but today you were able to win a set against Brasil. It is something.

Another defeat for Poland. Too bad, but with this squad we have in japan, I would even say the results are not so pathetic. However - it will be probably a slaughterhouse against Brasil on Saturday :whistling: Maybe we will manage to beat Egypt or Iran, but that's all...
    Ah, nevermind. More important competitions are still to come :)

The most important 3:
    POLAND-SZCZECIN-VOLLEYBALL

5th place - Prediction Game - World League 2011 :D

• Told you Poland was gonna get murdered. it's easy to underestimate the iportance of one of the world's best setters. He makes the rest play up to their potential. Can't wait to see what happens when Poland has ALL their good players back on the squad. There's like 8 great players missing from this team, it'll be one hell of a good selection.

For now I'm rooting for Cuba as well. God knows they deserve to win a tournament.

Told you Poland was gonna get murdered. it's easy to underestimate the iportance of one of the world's best setters

And u were right. We're playing really bad when Łomacz set. He still has so many things to improve...I think even Drzyzga will be better setter in the future than Grzesiek. Actually Fabian is already very good setter, and his just 19.

Can't wait to see what happens when Poland has ALL their good players back on the squad.

What can happen? :D Everything :D When our players r in good shape we're just simply amazing :D

• another defeat :whistle:
    i've watched first set and they were playing very well dunno what happened after that. i'm happy Nowakowski got his chance and judginbg from statistic he played very well :drink:

• Lomazc did amazingly good job with this game. Kurek was too tired and there was no other powerful spiker, that's all. I am sorry for Mozdzonek performance, he is much better than that :(

• Lomazc did amazingly good job with this game. Kurek was too tired and there was no other powerful spiker, that's all. I am sorry for Mozdzonek performance, he is much better than that :(

Modzonek is ill he had 39 degree of fever few days ago so he is not 100% healthy and that's probably reason for his disapointing performance

• He and Simon from Cuba are my favorite middle blockers :) (actually - Mozdzonek, Simon, Tsvetanov and Lebl)

• My sympathies are with Cuba, not because I don't like Brazil or Poland, but because Cuba should be the constant volleyball dominator in the world - they have the natural talents for the sport. The only reason why Cuba does not win every year every gold is because they have the worst communist regime in history and they play without dozens of A+ class players - like Angel Dennis, Leonel Marshall, Huantorena and so on and so on. Their people suffer under the satanistic rule of Castro family and they deserve to get more titles.

However - I wish Poland to grab some medals and individual award for Mozdzonek of course :super:

My sympathies are with Cuba, but for another reason, because they are good athletes.

Here we go again with geopolitics, geographic determinism and the old theories about race and genetics. Quote: “They have the natural talent for the sport”
    The old and stereotypical division: Jamaicans are the best sprinters, Kenyans are the best middle and long distance runners, Africans cannot swim and other aberrations.

Please, help me understand, because in the past it was said that the cruel communist regimens governing the “East” was the reason why the Soviet Union, Germany and other countries from the communist block were winning all the international competitions.
    So applying this rationale, Cuba “the worst communist regime in history” must be the winner of all sport competitions, which is far to be true.
    Also, I got totally lost because as far as we know, there have been other communist regimens in history (Soviet Union-Stalin, China-Mao, North Korea-Kim) with worst reputation than Cuba-Castro.

And yes, I agree that having the Dennis, Marshall, and Juantorena could help them to be a better team.

And yes, I agree that they deserve to get more titles, not because their people suffer under the satanic rule of Castro, but for their own qualities as competitors, the same for every player regardless race, ethnicity, or national origin.

P.S.: I am not Cuban. I just love and support volleyball.
    Washington DC in a very broad Location: Earth

• "Cuban players have natural talents" is not racial statement, but national one, because it generalizes on the base of the players nationality, not race. Cuba is home of people of mixed (several) races as you know. It may be cause by the clean environnment and organic food, not on genes.

ABout communism - I have lived under communist rule. I suppose you do not have such experience. In Bulgaria we had 79 concentration camps, not 6 like in Germany - 79 !. Hundreds of thousands killed and many more suffered discrimination on the base of their parents property. Communism kills on the base of classism, not racism, but it kills much more. 100 mln victims all over the world died from communistic rule.
    About Cuba - the month consumation of meat is 230 grams. This is government regulation. Furthermore - they are replacing the heavy machinery with cows in the farming (no money for petrol). For someone outside of the system, which does not give many information the regime could look almost human. But if you try to live inside it, soon you will find out anti-human is its base. I have the experience and I know what I am talking about. Cuba libre - the opposite of the truth. The hero "Che" is as hero as was Stalin.

I will not talk about "ideology" in this forum, it is volleyball forum. The facts are that Cuba produces highest quality players, most of them are not in the NT.

• Poland - Brazil 0:3 (17:25, 17:25, 18:25)

Poland: Nowakowski, Bartman, Gromadowski, Woicki, Ruciak, Możdżonek, Ignaczak (L), Pliński, Łomacz, Kurek, Bąkiewicz

Brazil: Bruno, Vissotto, Giba, Murilo, Rodrigao, Lucas, Sergio (L) , Theo, Marlon
    Omg... 8| ;(

• OH MY FUC*NG GOD :mad: :hit:
    i don't care about this tournament but COME ON :gone: u can't humiliate yourself in this way guys :cursing: absolutly awful match by Poland-where's that confidance where's that team spirit from ECH :teach:

• Well, this is not the same team as members, and Kurek is tired and Plinski and Mozdzonek are ill. What else can someone expect against Brazil? :wacko:

• Yes, it is very sad to watch Poland playing like this - Poles didn't even score 20 pts. in one set. It is easy to notice they are tired and lack a lot of players, but still - shame is shame. We are representing not only Poland, but also Europe in Japan. It would have been better, if Poland didn't participate in this tournament with such a effect. I'm not sure if we are able to win even against Egypt or Iran (Iran one a set against Brazil and Egyptians take two from Cubans).

The most important 3:
    POLAND-SZCZECIN-VOLLEYBALL

5th place - Prediction Game - World League 2011 :D

• I can't believe we lost to Japan once again ! :wall: :wall: Japan is a very good team but today We were the better side and we deserved a 3-0 win ! :wall: Iran had a secure 4 pts (at least) lead in the first 4 sets but Japaneses were more professional and they won 1st and 3rd set despite our early big lead !

I think the Iranian team had a good tournament so far despite their lack of preparation !

• Konrad, Brazil is also not very strong even with Visotto the team is not like before. If you had at least Zagumny and one more powerful spiker, you would beat them. Sorry,that this didn't happen. Only Bulgaria should beat Poland from now on, no one else ;)

• My sympathies are with Cuba, not because I don't like Brazil or Poland, but because Cuba should be the constant volleyball dominator in the world - they have the natural talents for the sport. The only reason why Cuba does not win every year every gold is because they have the worst communist regime in history and they play without dozens of A+ class players - like Angel Dennis, Leonel Marshall, Huantorena and so on and so on. Their people suffer under the satanistic rule of Castro family and they deserve to get more titles.

However - I wish Poland to grab some medals and individual award for Mozdzonek of course :super:

The Cubans have the natural talent.. I don ´t think so.. Brazillian have.. techinical.. finesse.. Cuban are STRONG - Jump HIGH!

Brazilian is Techinic.. simple! :win:

[img=http://img211.imageshack.us/img211/9631/braitajq5.th.jpg]

"FIRE IN THE EYES" - THIS IS BRAZIL" :D